ADVERTISEMENT

Wont make NCAA tournament next year

New life has to be pumped into this monster of a program. A new coach, a good one, could do that. Different ideas, new culture, just everything really. Everybody is worn to a frazzle with Cal’s prickish attitude, his NBA focus, his stubbornness to do things to make us better. Not starting your best players and digging a hole at the beginning of games, refusal to play some zones or at least switch defenses, pressure teams up the floor. AND ABOUT 1000 other things. This has got to be left behind and move forward.

15 years is enough! No more!!! It’s time to give someone else a chance. Not firing Cal is only delaying the inevitable, you’re not winning a title when you’re too lazy to scout the opponent. “Go Fight” is not a winning strategy, so keeping him is only kicking the can down the road and making it go 1 year longer before we can have hope again.

Honestly, there is no one out there I am excited about when it comes to a replacement for Cal. The only three names that would come in an immediately make a huge impact would be Donovan, Stephens, or Wright, and they are not coming back to college basketball.

Change just for change sake does not always solve problems.

Honestly, there is no one out there I am excited about when it comes to a replacement for Cal. The only three names that would come in an immediately make a huge impact would be Donovan, Stephens, or Wright, and they are not coming back to college basketball.

Well KSR headline says quoting Cal “we must get back to who we’ve been defensively”
Ok Cal, what the F ever

Guess this will be the tweak
More confident already. And excited!!!!

The equivalent is NOT changing for the sake of not changing. Cal literally told you last night that he's not changing. This mediocrity needs eradicated!

What a loser mentality you just spelled out. This is how a program falls into the abyss of mediocrity. CEO is running company into the ground but doesn’t appear I can hire anyone that would get us to Fortune 500 status like I’d prefer so I’m just keeping the current CEO until company is dissolved.

I'm as down on Cal and his "coaching" as anyone here but we can't know anything about next year's team or the NCAAT at this point. Who leaves, who stays, who can we get in the transfer portal? Just too many unknowns and moving parts to know or even guess about next season.

What a loser mentality you just spelled out. This is how a program falls into the abyss of mediocrity. CEO is running company into the ground but doesn’t appear I can hire anyone that would get us to Fortune 500 status like I’d prefer so I’m just keeping the current CEO until company is dissolved.

I despise Calipari. That being said I don’t think folks who also despise Cal and want him gone (like me) should be chastised for thinking we may not be any better off hiring some random (Like Scott Drew) to take over. That could actually make us even worse as hard as that is to believe.

Honestly we would be doing Calipari a FAVOR by firing him and paying him his stupid ass buyout that our stupid AD contracted him and hiring some clown to come in and do even worse. His woke ass would be like “MUH sEe! cAn’T dO beTteR wiThouT mE!”

I guess I just don’t trust Mitch. I definitely don’t trust him to make the right hire at this point in time.

I would love for Cal to be fired but I can see where folks are coming from (sort of) for not wanting to hire some ho hum clown to come in and do just as poorly.

I despise Calipari. That being said I don’t think folks who also despise Cal and want him gone (like me) should be chastised for thinking we may not be any better off hiring some random (Like Scott Drew) to take over. That could actually make us even worse as hard as that is to believe.

Honestly we would be doing Calipari a FAVOR by firing him and paying him his stupid ass buyout that our stupid AD contracted him and hiring some clown to come in and do even worse. His woke ass would be like “MUH sEe! cAn’T dO beTteR wiThouT mE!”

I guess I just don’t trust Mitch. I definitely don’t trust him to make the right hire at this point in time.

I would love for Cal to be fired but I can see where folks are coming from (sort of) for not wanting to hire some ho hum clown to come in and do just as poorly.
While I don’t necessarily disagree with just hiring someone/anyone just to move on from cal the question is what is going to be different a year from now? The names that are there now will be the same one next year and the year after and the year after. Nothing is really changing on the coaching landscape anytime soon. We know what we are getting with cal which is hype and disappointment and anger. Been that way 4 straight years and likely will be for a 5th. We have to jump off this Merry go round at some point. The longer we stay on it, the sicker we are going to get.

If we hire a new coach with a depleted roster, but who shows he's moving the right direction, I have no problem with missing the tournament for one year.

No way unless 5+ of the these guys stick around . This class is extremely overrated. Zero scorers or quality shooters.(makers)
Take a look at Travis Perry. I’m assuming he’s a very good shooter. Knox and Fland can hit it.

I think if 5 come back and we add a couple transfers we will have a good roster.

Reactions: UKortho
Take a look at Travis Perry. I’m assuming he’s a very good shooter. Knox and Fland can hit it.

I think if 5 come back and we add a couple transfers we will have a good roster.
Can’t wait to see Travis in a UK Jersey next year.

Do you even understand what change for change sake even means? This is change for failure. If apple loses money for 5 straight years, the board will probably keep Tim Cook on because no one else out there excites them. Wow!

Reactions: cathead64
I have to agree that we will be an NIT team next year. Next year's class isn't as strong as this
year's(my opinion) and this past year we saw Cal put together a 12 man roster with two
not good enough for playing time and 4 of the other 10 only suitable to play center and not
one of the 4 able to guard any decent post player one on one.

Reactions: cathead64
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT