ADVERTISEMENT

With NIL, could guys like Rondo and Patterson *finish* out their eligibility at Kentucky after their pro careers are done?

Antoine Walker just got the great news
tenor_large.gif
Well done.

It’s Ryan or something Matt is throwing out here. Maybe Matt himself.

I just threw him in ignore and I never have to see the post it’s great. Someone told me he responds to me quite often and is irritated I blocked him. That’s cool too.

Just block him and have everyone else do the same. I’m aware he’ll change names but just ignore that one too.
Yeah, I can say anything about you I want. You never know…..but you sure reply a lot. Morgie though and through.

So professionalism is only in salaried compensation for professionalism, but it's not for compensation for endorsements, even if those endorsements range in the millions?

Seems like a thin line to me.

No, it is still college and they have their own rules.

No they wouldn’t. NCAA rules give athletes a five year window from the time they start college to complete four years of playing eligibility. Once your five years have expired, you’re done. The only exception is that sometimes they grant a special sixth year waiver on injury or religious ( ie. BYU missionary players) grounds.

The reason JR Smith is allowed to play golf is because he never started college way back when, having entered the NBA draft straight from high school. Thus his five-year window did not begin to run until this year. That obviously would not apply to the former UK players mentioned in this thread, as their five year window expired long ago.

End of thread. The premise of this thread is probably a good (or bad) bar stool conversation but doesn't have any real bearing on the real world at all.

Reactions: chroix
No they wouldn’t. NCAA rules give athletes a five year window from the time they start college to complete four years of playing eligibility. Once your five years have expired, you’re done. The only exception is that sometimes they grant a special sixth year waiver on injury or religious ( ie. BYU missionary players) grounds.

The reason JR Smith is allowed to play golf is because he never started college way back when, having entered the NBA draft straight from high school. Thus his five-year window did not begin to run until this year. That obviously would not apply to the former UK players mentioned in this thread, as their five year window expired long ago.
Thanks for the correction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT