ADVERTISEMENT

Will you support Mark Pope

Will you support Mark Pope if hired as UK head coach?

• Total voters
I’m going to give him a fair shot. He wasn’t even on my list of coaches I wanted to get an offer, but he’s who we got and maybe we got a young coach before he hit his stride. Let’s see who he hires as assistants, if the Crafts maintain their pledge, and what kinda guys he recruits before passing judgement.

We either got a hot up and comer before he got hot, or we got a BCG level hire and he and Mitch will be out of here in 2-4 years. Either way, it’ll be fine and supporting him will only help his odds. Pope has done nothing wrong and deserves our support and so I will give it.

Yes, I want to see one of our own who loves this school and has its best interest win big here. It is his destination job and make all of those who passed up the opportunity wish they had not. He has it all to prove, but a Wildcat being the one to bring a Championship back to Kentucky and beat DOOK & UNC to do it with an alumni would be awesome.

Let this play out. Mark Pope will have mega resources and if the boosters are all in, then so am I. It was time for a change and maybe this is the change that UK needed to get back to an emphasis on winning games and advancing into the tournament. He definitely needs to load up on the best assistants money can buy - that is essential.

Give him a chance, BBN.

Yes, I want to see one of our own who loves this school and has its best interest win big here. It is his destination job and make all of those who passed up the opportunity wish they had not. He has it all to prove, but a Wildcat being the one to bring a Championship back to Kentucky and beat DOOK & UNC to do it with an alumni would be awesome.
Well said.

Reactions: dl51344
I’m going to give him a fair shot. He wasn’t even on my list of coaches I wanted to get an offer, but he’s who we got and maybe we got a young coach before he hit his stride. Let’s see who he hires as assistants, if the Crafts maintain their pledge, and what kinda guys he recruits before passing judgement.

We either got a hot up and comer before he got hot, or we got a BCG level hire and he and Mitch will be out of here in 2-4 years. Either way, it’ll be fine and supporting him will only help his odds. Pope has done nothing wrong and deserves our support and so I will give it.
Exactly how I feel, the most important thing for him is getting a staff that can recruit. If he gets UK talent and we get our NIL straight then things will work out IMO.

Resounding YES.

When Coach Pope provides reasons I should not support him, then I'll join the list of detractors.

Until then, GO Cats!
I believe that is the way it should be. This dude was a former player who won us a Natty. He should be respected and cheered at the very least. He is from a time where players really cared about the front of the jersey.

Yes of course.

Am I thrilled or happy right now about the higher.
I would be lying if I sad yes.

But show me where we can donate to Popes NIL funds. I can at LEAST drop in a couple hundred to help support.

We all should donate at least $25 or whatever we can afford to help support.
I agree, let’s pump the collective full of cash now. Cal is gone, we got our wish. Let’s give our new coach the most important tools to get players.

I can't fathom why anyone would vote no? He's our coach, he's one of our own. He has my full support until performance doesn't allow it. Same philosophy I've had w/ every coach.
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. First coach player since Joe B Hall. Everyone worried about that after Rupp too. Worked out just fine. We always said this job elevates coaches. Let’s see if it does.

He’s 51. That’s not a young coach, lol

I was pretty disappointed about it last night, but this morning I am starting to warm up to him. He could crush it here hopefully, far from his sure thing, but he has some good qualities going for him.

I am excited to see how the roster comes together. Maybe he is a better portal recruiter than we realize.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT