ADVERTISEMENT

Will Wade

Jjohnb5393

Freshman
Mar 25, 2022
Wade has won everywhere he’s been, and he’s winning now at a place that’s never won. I think he’d be an excellent coach at Louisville, and a lot of what he’s accused of prior is pretty much legal now. I think he’d be a great hire for someone, and is considered a good x & O guy in coaching circles. Some UL fans have started #WadeBrigade

I told my ul buddy that’s who I’d go after. He’ll fit in with that fanbase, make the rivalry intense again, and be able to make legal strong ass offers. The good thing is ul isn’t going touch anyone with a shady past, so we don’t have to worry about seeing him there.

He only has 4 players on the entire roster that are out of HS. Not saying there's anything wrong with that at all, especially in his first season there. But that's 11 transfers on the team, and from some major programs - Florida, Utah, TCU. Good for him, he's mixed/matched a roster that has a tremendous turnaround in just one season.

Best win looks like Michigan (is that a good win!?!)
Outside of that, no major wins of note. But he'll get a chance next week to turn that around

Reactions: Fox2monk
Arkansas shows how hard it can be to bring in a slew of talented players from the portal.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He's only been past the 2nd rd of the tournament once, and that was a SW16 that got vacated. Major programs are going to want someone with more proven post-season success.

That would be true if UL’s AD didn’t comment about wanting a young and upcoming coach that would be there for 20 years. That’s Will Wade.

He would turn them around almost instantly.

That would be true if UL’s AD didn’t comment about wanting a young and upcoming coach that would be there for 20 years. That’s Will Wade.

He would turn them around almost instantly.
But there are better options that don't have the baggage and have better tournament success.

He's only been past the 2nd rd of the tournament once, and that was a SW16 that got vacated. Major programs are going to want someone with more proven post-season success.
He made the tournament twice in 2 years at VCU. He made the tournament once in 1 year at McNeese state.
He made the tournament 3 times at LSU, and would have made it a 4th if the tournament wasn't cancelled.

There aren't a ton of guys at mid-majors with multiple big NCAA tournament runs. Most guys move up after 1 run. There are dozens of Power 5 jobs. There will be several openings after this season.

If only guys with an elite 8 at SEMO are desirable--you may get 1 coach every hired every few years.

What baggage?? And like who?? Name them??

I’m not saying you’re wrong but not many are young enough to be there for 20 years with final fours and championships on their resume.
Why did he get fired at LSU? You don't think that is Baggage?

Dusty May and Bob Richey are two I would consider long before Wade.

He made the tournament twice in 2 years at VCU. He made the tournament once in 1 year at McNeese state.
He made the tournament 3 times at LSU, and would have made it a 4th if the tournament wasn't cancelled.

There aren't a ton of guys at mid-majors with multiple big NCAA tournament runs. Most guys move up after 1 run. There are dozens of Power 5 jobs. There will be several openings after this season.

If only guys with an elite 8 at SEMO are desirable--you may get 1 coach every hired every few years.
Making the tournament is one thing. Doing something once you're in it is another. Particularly when you're cheating and still can't do better.

Reactions: J_Dee

Making the tournament is one thing. Doing something once you're in it is another. Particularly when you're cheating and still can't do better.

What he did is legal now. He’s 41 years old. You expect him to have the resume of Phil Jackson.

You will see how good of a coach he is once he lands another P5 job.

What he did is legal now. He’s 41 years old. You expect him to have the resume of Phil Jackson.

Lol, when did they start allowing coaches or the school to directly pay players?

Also, if he was willing to step outside of the rules as they were before, do you not still think he could do the same as the rules are now? And when 2 of your last 3 coaches were fired over cheating scandals and you're on probation for them, do you really think it's wise to hire a coach who was fired for being involved in the FBI cheating scandal that you had to fire the 1st coach for?

A little life advice: Usually when people have to resort to fallacies, it's because their argument isn't very strong. I don't think expecting a coach to have shown success in the post-season to equates to 11 nba championships.

Doubtful. He was already at a P5 school were he had to resort to cheating and he still wasn't that good.

The Indiana State coach is intriguing because he’s a system coach , and his system has won . Plug and play ..scores a ton like UK this yr. One of those that’d ’crawl ‘ to Louisville and work his rear off
Only thing I’d hate is that Schertz is a really nice guy. I’ve watched many of his games at Lincoln Memorial University where my daughter goes.

The guy can Coach. His teams play with a lot of pace, spread the floor, and aren’t afraid of shooting the threes.

Arkansas shows how hard it can be to bring in a slew of talented players from the portal.
Arkansas has also shown the ability to foul 1000 times a game. I never thought anyone would catch Tennessee, but here we are.

What he did was cheating. Making him a cheater. What he did then might be legal now. But there's still lots of things he can do in the future that will bring problems.

He can hire strippers for recruiting visits. He can have an affair with a student. He can hire family members. He can hire assistants that blackmail him. Recruit criminals.

Stuff that Louisville doesn't have the culture to stop, but will get in got water for.

Lol, when did they start allowing coaches or the school to directly pay players?

Also, if he was willing to step outside of the rules as they were before, do you not still think he could do the same as the rules are now? And when 2 of your last 3 coaches were fired over cheating scandals and you're on probation for them, do you really think it's wise to hire a coach who was fired for being involved in the FBI cheating scandal that you had to fire the 1st coach for?

A little life advice: Usually when people have to resort to fallacies, it's because their argument isn't very strong. I don't think expecting a coach to have shown success in the post-season to equates to 11 nba championships.

Doubtful. He was already at a P5 school were he had to resort to cheating and he still wasn't that good.
We talkin bout UL bro. Anything is possible. Also what rules are left to break ??

No it isn’t. And never has been. He was making “strong ass offfers” to directly pay players. That’s ALWAYS been and still is illegal in terms of NCAA rules

Why are we fawning over and kissing the ass of a known and proven cheater who is STILL under a show clause. And only got away with it because his wife is related to the NCAA upper echelon.

How man damn UofL traitors are in here? Screw Will Wade and SCREW UofL. He he lack of morality and ethics in Murica and definitely in sports these days is sickening.

Reactions: FFWhite
While I get what the OP is saying about Wade, and how what he did is almost legal now.
If I were a fan of a school considering him, I would be really concerned, because he showed he will cross that line (significantly). So the fact that the line has moved to a lot closer to what he was willing to do to win, makes me think he would be willing to step over that line just as far as he did the more conservative line, putting your program at risk. So unless there are NO RULES, I would be concerned w/ a Wade hire.

Reactions: Thats An Awful Idea
No it isn’t. And never has been. He was making “strong ass offfers” to directly pay players. That’s ALWAYS been and still is illegal in terms of NCAA rules

Why are we fawning over and kissing the ass of a known and proven cheater who is STILL under a show clause. And only got away with it because his wife is related to the NCAA upper echelon.

How man damn UofL traitors are in here? Screw Will Wade and SCREW UofL. He he lack of morality and ethics in Murica and definitely in sports these days is sickening.
I don't see anyone "fawning" over him.

Just recognizing that talking sh*t and acting indignant about offering players money in the NIL age is a bit ridiculous.

Not even mentioning what coaches like Pearl and Samson were busted for doing. It's a joke to even act all high and mighty about it anymore. Probably always was.

I don't see anyone "fawning" over him.

Just recognizing that talking sh*t and acting indignant about offering players money in the NIL age is a bit ridiculous.

Not even mentioning what coaches like Pearl and Samson were busted for doing. It's a joke to even act all high and mighty about it anymore. Probably always was.
Yeah eff it. Let’s all cheat. Being this whole bullshit even further in the gutter.

I’m not Polly Ana by any means but the fact there’s been little consequences for dudes like Wade says all you need to know about ethics these days. Maybe sports need to die.

Reactions: track42
Wade has won everywhere he’s been, and he’s winning now at a place that’s never won. I think he’d be an excellent coach at Louisville, and a lot of what he’s accused of prior is pretty much legal now. I think he’d be a great hire for someone, and is considered a good x & O guy in coaching circles. Some UL fans have started #WadeBrigade
I'd prefer any coach we struggle against go to a team we only have to play once a year instead of sometimes two and possible three times a year.

Yeah eff it. Let’s all cheat. Being this whole bullshit even further in the gutter.

I’m not Polly Ana by any means but the fact there’s been little consequences for dudes like Wade says all you need to know about ethics these days. Maybe sports need to die.
I don't disagree with you about the inconsistency. It's just how it is though. You adapt and move on.

This is hilarious.

You don't think Wade is good because he hasn't made deep NCAA tournament runs. And you don't care about making the tournament, just winning games in it.

You like Bob Richey. Bob Richey has ONE NCAA tournament appearance. He won one game.

Pretty inconsistent set of criteria you got right there.

Dusty May will be a hotter name than Wade. No doubt. But, there are going to be enough power 5 jobs open up that Wade will get a call--even if Dusty gets called first.

What he did was cheating. Making him a cheater. What he did then might be legal now. But there's still lots of things he can do in the future that will bring problems.

He can hire strippers for recruiting visits. He can have an affair with a student. He can hire family members. He can hire assistants that blackmail him. Recruit criminals.

Stuff that Louisville doesn't have the culture to stop, but will get in got water for.
Goodman said UL is staying away from guys with "Baggage".. he mentioned Pearle, Sean Miller, Chris Beard, Mussleman, (not sure what the Mussleman baggage is??) etc...

This is hilarious.

You don't think Wade is good because he hasn't made deep NCAA tournament runs. And you don't care about making the tournament, just winning games in it.

You like Bob Richey. Bob Richey has ONE NCAA tournament appearance. He won one game.

Pretty inconsistent set of criteria you got right there.

Dusty May will be a hotter name than Wade. No doubt. But, there are going to be enough power 5 jobs open up that Wade will get a call--even if Dusty gets called first.
What's more hilarious is that you think being at only Furman is the same as being at multiple schools, including a power 5.

It's only inconsistent for people who lack logic. But please, continue this little demonstration of yours!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT