ADVERTISEMENT

Wilcox-Can anyone explain to me…

Allegedly, he’s been pretty immature off the field and consistently shows up late to meetings and stuff like that. It seems like we’d either punish him with not playing at all or just overlook it in favor of his talent instead of the half measures we’re using now though. Playing him a few snaps where he seems like a possible difference maker, then going back away from him doesn’t make a lot of sense.

• Love
Reactions: white10 and CGblue
Allegedly, he’s been pretty immature off the field and consistently shows up late to meetings and stuff like that. It seems like we’d either punish him with not playing at all or just overlook it in favor of his talent instead of the half measures we’re using now though. Playing him a few snaps where he seems like a possible difference maker, then going back away from him doesn’t make a lot of sense.
Well, we also have players who are immature ON the field and they get all the playing time they want. At least Wilcox isn't embarrasing the fan base.

3 for 35 yards. UK averaged 5.3 yards per carry. I guess we just did not trust our running game.
Everyone clamored for “4 and 5star WRs and QBs and we have tk throw the ball”. Well…congrats. Bc we abandoned the run heavy, dominate the interior, smashmouth offense that brought us our most successful
Era of UK football all
In the name of “we can recruit skill position guys now and we need to throw the ball or we won’t get WR recruits”.

You ignorant fans that cared about “how it looks” more tha. Results are getting what you deserve. Most of you owe Eddie Gran an apology for winning with injured QBs and making more w less

Everyone clamored for “4 and 5star WRs and QBs and we have tk throw the ball”. Well…congrats. Bc we abandoned the run heavy, dominate the interior, smashmouth offense that brought us our most successful
Era of UK football all
In the name of “we can recruit skill position guys now and we need to throw the ball or we won’t get WR recruits”.

You ignorant fans that cared about “how it looks” more tha. Results are getting what you deserve. Most of you owe Eddie Gran an apology for winning with injured QBs and making more w less
That’s right, it’s the fans fault that Stoops half assed, completely uncommitted effort to a passing attack is terrible. There’s no Bennie Snell or Chris Rodriguez on this team and the OL isn’t great. That’s why the offense sucks. Plus, the SEC is getting better. Teams that were down during Stoops most successful years are not down anymore.

Stoops has stood still and now other teams are re-passing UK. I’m sorry, but the man making 9 mil a yr is the one that gets the blame here. Blaming the fans is completely moronic. We have have very little to no impact on the outcome of games. Stoops shouldn’t be listening to the fans anyway. If he is, that’s just one more reason he needs to go.

Last edited:
Era of UK football all

Grans last year here we were awful on offense and recruiting was atrocious on that side of the ball. He had to go. You can be physical and still have a good passing game.

Grans last year here we were awful on offense and recruiting was atrocious on that side of the ball. He had to go. You can be physical and still have a good passing game.
8-5 without an actual Qb available. Exciting bowl win over Va Tech. Gran did a very good job and was a victim of circumstance. I wish we had stuck with him.

Wilcox is a beast running and pass protecting he’s decent. He needs more involvement.

I’ll continue to post this until someone finds out where I live and smacks me in the face with a dead carb…WTF is he out there covering kickoffs when apparently we only have 2 healthy RBs on the team?

Allegedly, he’s been pretty immature off the field and consistently shows up late to meetings and stuff like that. It seems like we’d either punish him with not playing at all or just overlook it in favor of his talent instead of the half measures we’re using now though. Playing him a few snaps where he seems like a possible difference maker, then going back away from him doesn’t make a lot of sense
200w.gif

1. Vandy and UK milk drives that eat up game clock….so snaps will get limited

2. But even in normal games…Wimsatt get his scripted 7 snaps a game…this is the biggest mistake to me

3. Demi is having a solid season..5 yards a carry …great blocker. Good hands I see no reason to lower his touches

4. The Oline gets us bad penalties…and when your behind the sticks…you lose run plays for those drive

5. For some reason….Bush loves him some behind the LOS passes. Oline struggles to block….those are quick shots that Oline can hold up is probably why we run a few of those

All in all…:if the offense would knock off the penalty stuff….we would probably stick with run and get Wilcox more touches. I wish we’d csn the Wimsatt crap…..but don’t are thst happening

Bc we abandoned the run heavy, dominate the interior, smashmouth offense that brought us our most successful
Era of UK football

I don’t know the statistics from Saturday, but our O-line seemed to dominate between the tackles, and made several good runs, right up the gut.

Then with 2:00 minutes in the first half, we throw (poorly) three times, fail to make a first down, give them the ball in excellent field position, and they score in their two minute offense.

Ball Game!!

That was the weirdest thing I have heard in quite some time. It was perplexing.
I admit that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I missed just what he was going after. Most talented RB who should be getting 15-18 rushes/game is no longer mentioned on depth chart.....all because he didn't tie his shoe? Just beyond bizarre.

Coach had his hackles up, eh? Well, too bad. Your team lost to Vandy. Makes no difference to me that they also beat Bama. People are entitled to poke about at what might help win games. We are only acting like the press and fan base of any other member school with some self-respect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT