ADVERTISEMENT

Why no threads today abot who are next coach will be and...

arenk

Junior
Jan 3, 2003
how poor our freshmen are, how bad we sink on defense, how bad our spacing is yat, dat, dat? As I said after that fluke loss to Seton Hall, I want all those people on here eating crow. There was one crow thread, but not nearly enough for the pounding Cal and the team took after the SH game. Where are you?

Sorry mods for the typo in the title.Will you fix that word to 'about'

To many trolls get crap started on here and people take the bait. A real UK fan isn’t going to say most of this crazy stuff. A fair criticism can be acceptable but we all see some flat out stupid stuff posted that makes it obvious that it’s a troll. Don’t fall for it. Absolutely terrible that we have so many fans of rival schools coming over here to pollute our board. It’s pathetic.

Reactions: jameslee32
how poor our freshmen are, how bad we sink on defense, how bad our spacing is yat, dat, dat? As I said after that fluke loss to Seton Hall, I want all those people on here eating crow. There was one crow thread, but not nearly enough for the pounding Cal and the team took after the SH game. Where are you?

Here’s one.. you brought it up. Happy?

For the same reasons the sunshine pumpers didn’t have much to say after the seton hall loss. This was a great win but a lot of folks are acting like we just won the championship

I’m confused, you’re ok with the negative bashing when we lose but you hate it when we win and some overly excited fan thinks we just won the NC.

Hell yeah! F it. I had to fly to a party right after, but i'm home now and the bourbon is flowing. Hell of a win and stop with the negativity with a brand new team, youngest in America i'm guessing after losing Quade and a signature win! From start to finish we owned a team not too many here or there had us coming close. Feels good and let the sunshine pumping continue!

Few things, UNC isn't great. They are a fine top 25 type team nothing special. They put together what will probably be their best game of the year and shot 55% from field 52% from 3 with 13 makes and went 20-25 from the line to beat Gonzaga. No small feat mind you but they didn't look anything like that today. If we're being honest UNC probably should of shot about 10-12 more threes than they did today and should of looked to feed Cam Johnson. That's on Roy though. Carolina will be a 10 loss team.

I predicted a w in this game all week and the reason I did is because I said UNC will force us to play the proper pace we should be playing and it will hurt them. That's exactly what happened. I almost threw my remote at the tv around the 10-12 minute mark when we were up 9 and had a few possessions where UNC missed and we had a chance to run out and we held the ball and Cal was yelling at Baker once I think and Quickley another time about pulling the ball out and stalling. It's just in the guy's blood. He can say as much as he wants he wants to play fast but he doesn't. We should of run UNC out of the gym and we slowed down in the 2nd.

As for some giant positives, we shot 26 3's. We need to be taking right around 25 every game whether we shoot 33% like we did today or 50% we have to take them because 33% from 3 is the same as 50% from 2 and it makes the other team have to step and guard and it opens up driving lanes and interior scoring.

Hagans no longer is looking over his shoulder. With Quade gone this is his team. Quickley is there to spell him but that's it. He's got to become a bit more of a threat offensively obviously but he looked to have turned a corner today.

Reid is the steady hand for us he should always get us 15-20pts and 7-10rbs and that is huge going forward for the young gunners to feel a little looser.

I still want more from PJ and from the post game comments Cal does too. PJ had a nice stat line but really 25 minutes or so the game he just wasn't that involved.

Herro and Baker keep firing.

All in all good win for the young kitty's confidence. I'm very interested in what the UL game will look like. Will we do as should and try our hardest to speed them up or will Cal let them turn it into a rock fight? We could win either way but I don't think they can beat us up and down the court so I hope to god we force the pace down their throat.

Few things, UNC isn't great. They are a fine top 25 type team nothing special. They put together what will probably be their best game of the year and shot 55% from field 52% from 3 with 13 makes and went 20-25 from the line to beat Gonzaga. No small feat mind you but they didn't look anything like that today. If we're being honest UNC probably should of shot about 10-12 more threes than they did today and should of looked to feed Cam Johnson. That's on Roy though. Carolina will be a 10 loss team.

I predicted a w in this game all week and the reason I did is because I said UNC will force us to play the proper pace we should be playing and it will hurt them. That's exactly what happened. I almost threw my remote at the tv around the 10-12 minute mark when we were up 9 and had a few possessions where UNC missed and we had a chance to run out and we held the ball and Cal was yelling at Baker once I think and Quickley another time about pulling the ball out and stalling. It's just in the guy's blood. He can say as much as he wants he wants to play fast but he doesn't. We should of run UNC out of the gym and we slowed down in the 2nd.

As for some giant positives, we shot 26 3's. We need to be taking right around 25 every game whether we shoot 33% like we did today or 50% we have to take them because 33% from 3 is the same as 50% from 2 and it makes the other team have to step and guard and it opens up driving lanes and interior scoring.

Hagans no longer is looking over his shoulder. With Quade gone this is his team. Quickley is there to spell him but that's it. He's got to become a bit more of a threat offensively obviously but he looked to have turned a corner today.

Reid is the steady hand for us he should always get us 15-20pts and 7-10rbs and that is huge going forward for the young gunners to feel a little looser.

I still want more from PJ and from the post game comments Cal does too. PJ had a nice stat line but really 25 minutes or so the game he just wasn't that involved.

All in all good win for the young kitty's confidence. I'm very interested in what the UL game will look like. Will we do as should and try our hardest to speed them up or will Cal let them turn it into a rock fight? We could win either way but I don't think they can beat us up and down the court so I hope to god we force the pace down their throat.

You’re right, there’s never been a team ranked #9 that’s been great. :)

You’re right, there’s never been a team ranked #9 that’s been great. :)
i know you're just giving me gruff jovially but I'll be shocked if they're top 15 at the end of the year. Like I said they look like a 10 loss team to me.

Stop downplaying our top 10 ranked opponent. They ran over Gonzaga by double digits..... UNC is a good team.... We just had a much better game plan and Hagans was too much for their guards to handle. We played like a top 5 team today

Why arent there these cocky fight starting threads when we lose to Duke by 34 or lose 60th Seton Hall??

Maybe because people are positive after big wins and negative after crushing defeats? I'm sorry if this concept is over your head.

Going after players and coaches doesn’t go over big. Constructive criticism is never a topic with the over the hill negative posters. It would be nice because everyone on here has an opinion on how we could improve.

Stop downplaying our top 10 ranked opponent. They ran over Gonzaga by double digits..... UNC is a good team.... We just had a much better game plan and Hagans was too much for their guards to handle. We played like a top 5 team today
i think we played really good today. I don't think UNC is very good. Those 2 things aren't exclusive. UNC got blasted by Michigan and lost to a 7-4 Texas team that has loses to Radford, VCU, and Providence.

i know you're just giving me gruff jovially but I'll be shocked if they're top 15 at the end of the year. Like I said they look like a 10 loss team to me.[/QUOTE

To me, right now they played like a #9 ranked team, it was just we did not play like a #19 team. With 3 starting seniors have they reached their potential, I don’t know but they have beaten some good teams, no matter what you think.

Going after players and coaches doesn’t go over big. Constructive criticism is never a topic with the over the hill negative posters. It would be nice because everyone on here has an opinion on how we could improve.

Well I think Cal solved it......... play like we did today but get more efficient hitting the jump shots and we have a final four if not title team..

i think we played really good today. I don't think UNC is very good. Those 2 things aren't exclusive. UNC got blasted by Michigan and lost to a 7-4 Texas team that has loses to Radford, VCU, and Providence.

I disagree........... if beating gonzaga so handily doesnt make you a pretty good team......... then us losing to duke by 34 and then to seton hall means we'd suck for a very long time and I refuse to believe we are a bad team after winning today.

Reactions: Poetax
The Texas loss was bad for them but Michigan destroyed Villanova so they are a legit top 5 school right, and unc has beaten everyone else that they played. And you putting down Gonzaga doesn’t show good basketball sense in my opinion.
show me where I put down Gonzaga? I specifically pointed out how well UNC had to play to beat them at home. UNC played out of their minds hence why i listed the stats for that game. You saying UNC beat everyone else they played doesn't show very good basketball sense to me because they haven't played anyone else and you know that and didn't have a rebuttal. Sure, Michigan is good but using Nova as the bar is ludicrous. They aren't very good either.

I just don't see a lot of good teams in college basketball this year honestly. I think UK can beat anyone. As I said before I think Duke is the best team by a wide margin when they play to their peak but will they do that 6 times in a row to end the season? I'm not sure. I'd prefer not to run into them again. But if we did, we could catch them on an off night.

Zaga, KU, UT, Virginia, Michigan, etc... those teams don't scare me a ton. Sure we'd be dogs but Cal's teams always play better in big spots as dogs it seems.

Cal has this team playing with heart on both ends and its still December.

Add heart and desire on both ends of the court with this teams built in talent and athletisism?

Frightful

Last edited:

I have no issue with constructive criticism at all. That's a lot of the reason we have this board. Yet after the same amount of games, Cal and Rupp are within one loss and win of one another. After those ridiculous 3's that SH made against us, there was serious talk of Cal stepping down. Rupp came to UK in 1930 and although there was no NCAAT then, I cannot recall how many NIT's or whatever were considered as NC's then. We can debate coaches and teams forever, but in 2017 we came within a corrupt referee from taking out UNC and probably winning it all. Had that happened, I doubt we would have been discussing Cal's successor after that last second loss to SH. This team can be a title contender by mid-March, but things have to fall into place and we need a bit of luck as do many teams that end up winning the NCAAT. The criticism and gloom after the SH game was way over the top IMO. I'm no sunshine pumper, but I know insanity when I read it.

Reactions: Poetax
Still waxing negative. Do you realize UNC just beat Gonzaga last week by double digits? Yeah, the same Gonzaga that beat Duke.

Each game is played independent of the game before.
A losing team in the game before, can be inspired to play their best against any team.
I am not talking about just last night's game, but it is possible that if we played the game today, chances are we could lose.
As it happened, we did not take UNCheat hostage, we just demolished them.

GO CATS

Last edited:
Why arent there these cocky fight starting threads when we lose to Duke by 34 or lose 60th Seton Hall??

Maybe because people are positive after big wins and negative after crushing defeats? I'm sorry if this concept is over your head.
Look, some on here get their jollies by poking, jabbing, pricking, stirring up shit, name calling,etc. It is how they make themselves feel important in life, they live high on the internet. It is like a circle jerk to them, I am trying to figure out who the ring leader is.

show me where I put down Gonzaga? I specifically pointed out how well UNC had to play to beat them at home. UNC played out of their minds hence why i listed the stats for that game. You saying UNC beat everyone else they played doesn't show very good basketball sense to me because they haven't played anyone else and you know that and didn't have a rebuttal. Sure, Michigan is good but using Nova as the bar is ludicrous. They aren't very good either.

I just don't see a lot of good teams in college basketball this year honestly. I think UK can beat anyone. As I said before I think Duke is the best team by a wide margin when they play to their peak but will they do that 6 times in a row to end the season? I'm not sure. I'd prefer not to run into them again. But if we did, we could catch them on an off night.

Zaga, KU, UT, Virginia, Michigan, etc... those teams don't scare me a ton. Sure we'd be dogs but Cal's teams always play better in big spots as dogs it seems.

We will just have to agree to disagree. But you did not put Gonzaga down, I was wrong about that, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: miracle7s
Look, some on here get their jollies by poking, jabbing, pricking, stirring up shit, name calling,etc. It is how they make themselves feel important in life, they live high on the internet. It is like a circle jerk to them, I am trying to figure out who the ring leader is.

Look in the mirror.

The guys played harder than all season and tie that in with EXCELLENT defense. Yeah, Cal has everything to do with that win.

Jesus. Grow up

Why more baiting posts to get an argument started?

For the record I hate that you have to live around the dook and ucheat fans, lol. But on the other point your side is just as bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT