ADVERTISEMENT

Why does this reatedly happen?

Every year we see other teams progress and get better. We progressively get worse. Saw that the o-line was not what. It should be early. No fix. Special teams issue, no fix, and so on. It’s maddening.
Because UK is a basketball school and the football program is cursed.

Reactions: Ramrod495
Besides a portion of last year we have sucked on offense every year under Stoops. We have sucked every year on ST's except when Dean Hood was here. The defense is usually pretty good under Stoops but even they're quitting because I'm sure they're tired of having to cover for the offense every game.

We've seen the same coaching mistakes over and over the past 10 years and now that the SEC is getting better again, we are falling back down the ladder where we've been historically.

I see your point.
This should have / could have year. But instead it’s a what IF year.
What if the old coaching staff stayed in full tact.
What if players stayed healthy all year
What if certain plays went our way

But nevertheless as pissed off as I am right now tonight.
I will be in those stands next year for most of those home games again.

But yes it is heartbreaking

This game is just added to a long list of B1G Stoops Suckiness for me.

And yes I consider the NC State debacle, Penn State comeback, and all of the garbage 16-10ish run-out-the-clock/bore-us-to-death wins vs. South Carolina, Vandy, Mizzou, MAC teams etc. on the list. I only have myself to blame but I’ll be watching and listening to Tom/Pie next week.

Every year we see other teams progress and get better. We progressively get worse. Saw that the o-line was not what. It should be early. No fix. Special teams issue, no fix, and so on. It’s maddening.
It keeps happening because we have a high-end gym teacher masquerading as head coach. It all starts with that.

1. We have a very mediocre coach.
2. The mediocre coach has benefited from greater revenue and exposure than any coach in our history.
3. The mediocre coach has benefited from a historically bad SEC East.
4. Comparing our mediocre coach’s results to coaching tenures prior to the invention of the forward pass, half our fanbase convinces themselves our mediocre coach is a sorcerer which results in a lifetime contract.
5. Other programs, attempting to get better, hire better coaches. Mediocre coach gets exposed.

Be honest- if 10 years ago- TEN YEARS AGO- you would have known not only would we have never won the conference but never even won our own division, would you have made the hire? Will the path to Atlanta be easier or harder over the next decade?

continuing to add years to this guy’s contract is malfeasance.

Besides a portion of last year we have sucked on offense every year under Stoops. We have sucked every year on ST's except when Dean Hood was here. The defense is usually pretty good under Stoops but even they're quitting because I'm sure they're tired of having to cover for the offense every game.

We've seen the same coaching mistakes over and over the past 10 years and now that the SEC is getting better again, we are falling back down the ladder where we've been historically.
I think this says it for me. He’s been here enough to know his good and bad. He knows how to run the program portion of things, at least pre NIL, we’ll see going forward. He grew up in a coaching family and was a part of some good programs. He’s done that. His defenses are good with one great one when they actually had a top tier pass rush with Josh Allen. Usually we do things ok except pass rush. But we absolutely have struggled offensively his entire tenure and st hasn’t been great either. When the coach says ‘what am I going to say to them, you know?’ It doesn’t give you much confidence in it ever being more than just what it happens to be by the players. But the time management, wrong players on the field after time outs, out of bye week performances, late season fades with lack of energy until we get to UL, and other things have been pretty consistent issues. Going forward with the new nil environment with transfers and the move of the game in the last 5 years heavily to the offensive end and aggressive turnover based defenses it’s an interesting time for his coaching style make a team elite.

Standards.

UK is fine with being an 8-4 to 9-3 team.

Meanwhile Bama would blow a dman gasket if that happened

You wanna change things? Have and live higher standards.
You can’t compare us to bama in any shape or form. It’s not fair or realistic. A lot of times I feel like ole miss has the seasons we are supposed to have. We will NEVER be bama for the same reason bama will NEVER be what we are in basketball

He’s stubborn to a fault. He’s arrogant. He ran his mouth and has had his words shoved by up his ass. Refuses to make any changes once a lineup is set in August. Does NOT play to his teams’ strengths. Abysmal in game manager, too controlling over his assistants, particularly the offense. I honestly think he has done all he can do here. I want a coach who runs an offense that keeps the players engaged, keeps the atmosphere electric. Our home atmosphere this year has been terrible. He plays a boring brand of football. He’d be a good coach at a mid major or FBS school. Lastly, we are never, ever competing for a title. In a couple of years, we will be fighting for 4th place in the east at best. Not a lot to look forward to

I don't think Stoops is a mediocre coach. Having two 10 win seasons at UK is not done by a mediocre coach.

I can't go that route. Today was as bad as it's been here with him, not denying that.

If he would just let go of Iowa in the 80s, he could get an OC that could make a huge difference. He won't. That's why I hope he gets an offer that he takes. Can't play like he does in this league without better talent. Just can't.

Reactions: blubo
It happens to be everyone that doesn’t recruit at the highest level. They aren’t even immune to losing games they shouldn’t but they tend to keep it at just 1 game.

I think it is very hard to evaluate a program in today’s environment. It is much more than wins and losses.

No excuse for Vandy but look around it is happening every where.

I see your point.
This should have / could have year. But instead it’s a what IF year.
What if the old coaching staff stayed in full tact.
What if players stayed healthy all year
What if certain plays went our way

But nevertheless as pissed off as I am right now tonight.
I will be in those stands next year for most of those home games again.

But yes it is heartbreaking
One of our W's was because things went our way.

I don't think Stoops is a mediocre coach. Having two 10 win seasons at UK is not done by a mediocre coach.

I can't go that route. Today was as bad as it's been here with him, not denying that.

If he would just let go of Iowa in the 80s, he could get an OC that could make a huge difference. He won't. That's why I hope he gets an offer that he takes. Can't play like he does in this league without better talent. Just can't.
Cawood. I do believe he is mediocre at best and who is going to offer? Monday morning he and barney will be discussing an extention. Honestly, I believe he has the absolute best gig in FB.

Cawood. I do believe he is mediocre at best and who is going to offer? Monday morning he and barney will be discussing an extention. Honestly, I believe he has the absolute best gig in FB.

Hard to beat Top 15 money without Top 15 expectations and automatic raises for doing the bare minimum. He’s got the best job in the SEC.

Reactions: calismyhero
1. We are hurt this year due to coaching losses and staff leaving in particular. We need to fire the offense staff and we need to be able to go out and poach good position coaches for once We’ve got to have money to do to other whet has been done to us. Oline , offensive coordinator, special team, etc.

2. I think stoops get one more chance to overhaul offense staff and focus will be on him Heck as conservative as stoops is Mitch ie probably worse.

This is a sucky year all around for sure

Be honest- if 10 years ago- TEN YEARS AGO- you would have known not only would we have never won the conference but never even won our own division, would you have made the hire? Will the path to Atlanta be easier or harder over the next decade?
I am so with you on this. For most of Stoop's tenure, he has enjoyed three cupcakes a year, a decimated Louisville and a historically bad Vanderbilt, and then been the beneficiary of an SEC east that is frankly worse than at any time in my memory. Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, and Missouri have all had multiple coaching changes and severe drops in quality. Then factor in our yearly West opponent, a rather "meh" Mississippi State who we rarely beat at their place

Stoops is better than Joker, but then Joker was one of the worst coaching hires I've seen at any school. Frankly, the whole Joker situation was a fiasco which would have cost many AD's their job. I don't know if the rallying cry of "better than Joker" will sustain us for the next ten years.

If we go out and try to run Tennessee offense next year, it wouldn’t go well. Have to match your personnel. We have 8 little/quick slot receivers and a oline that can’t pass protect. We struggled with pass pro when we had Landon young, drake Jackson, fortner and kinnard on the same line. It’s why we have struggled this year trying to implement wide zone. Need to pick an offense that we can recruit to, starting with the oline which is the most important position group on the offense. We’d have a better chance of running spread option (Lynn Bowden) that something like Tennessee offense.

If we go out and try to run Tennessee offense next year, it wouldn’t go well. Have to match your personnel. We have 8 little/quick slot receivers and a oline that can’t pass protect. We struggled with pass pro when we had Landon young, drake Jackson, fortner and kinnard on the same line. It’s why we have struggled this year trying to implement wide zone. Need to pick an offense that we can recruit to, starting with the oline which is the most important position group on the offense. We’d have a better chance of running spread option (Lynn Bowden) that something like Tennessee offense.
I guarantee that Heupel could come here and the offense would be better. We might not be as good as Tennessee, but he could take what we have and be in the top half of the SEC offensively. Some are good and some are not, and our OC and line coach are not very good. Scang was terrible at Denver.

2013 20 ppg
2014 29 ppg
2015 24.7 ppg
2016 30 ppg
2017 25.5 ppg
2018 26.6 ppg
2019 27.2 ppg
2020 21.8 ppg
2021 32.3 ppg
2022 23.3 ppg

Our offense is in the bottom third of FBS teams every single year

2013 20 ppg
2014 29 ppg
2015 24.7 ppg
2016 30 ppg
2017 25.5 ppg
2018 26.6 ppg
2019 27.2 ppg
2020 21.8 ppg
2021 32.3 ppg
2022 23.3 ppg

Our offense is in the bottom third of FBS teams every single year
Stoops whole issue of moving us further up is his reluctance to have an open scoring offense. We get the right offensive coach that Stoops allows to do his job then we are a much more balanced team taking some pressure off the D and also attracting SEC type QB's and other higher ranked offensive players. Everything else I think he is fine with what he has done. Our recruiting is taking a fall this year and at least part of it has to be our stagnant offense that looks like crap to play in.

Because we're led by an ignoramus who couldn't decide on right or left if he had to choose within 10 seconds.

Beats a few down programs for 2 above average seasons in 10 years and half the fan base looks over every single red flag and anoint him savior and were stuck with him.

Because we're led by an ignoramus who couldn't decide on right or left if he had to choose within 10 seconds.

Beats a few down programs for 2 above average seasons in 10 years and half the fan base looks over every single red flag and anoint him savior and were stuck with him.

Why the hell does it take us 25 seconds to get a god damn play in? How the hell does Will even have time to see what the defense is doing when he’s got four seconds to snap the ball!

It’s like our OC is on his Nokia playing Snake.

I guarantee that Heupel could come here and the offense would be better. We might not be as good as Tennessee, but he could take what we have and be in the top half of the SEC offensively. Some are good and some are not, and our OC and line coach are not very good. Scang was terrible at Denver.
Exactly. When your offensive line is let’s say, not very good, you make adjustments to hide that flaw. They seem to be ok in the run blocking. I think it’s a mental things with them. They are thrown out there week after week, told they suck. They are trying to be perfect but then take a look at the film when Levis is pressured or sacked. Look and see how many guys on defense are coming at them. It’s like fighting snakes. As soon as an adjustment is needed, it falls apart. Sometimes you see two guys blocking the same dude and the other guy makes the play. I don’t know this Yenser dude but I have to think he knows what he’s doing. But results are results. And this year we have been beat all to hell because of it.

The O line is down and special teams are a mess, but Kentucky started the season loaded at running back, linebacker, and the secondary. It had a strong armed QB that could run. Before the season, the secondary took a hit and early on the they began to lose linebackers. In the game Levis got injured they were a half second from a winning touchdown and going 5-0. Since then he is immobile in the pocket and is no threat to run. Coaching is a part of the problem but not all of it.

This is not the teathat started the season. m

I understand. I just can't believe a mediocre coach wins 10 games in a season twice at UK.

It keeps happening because we have a high-end gym teacher masquerading as head coach. It all starts with that.

1. We have a very mediocre coach.
2. The mediocre coach has benefited from greater revenue and exposure than any coach in our history.
3. The mediocre coach has benefited from a historically bad SEC East.
4. Comparing our mediocre coach’s results to coaching tenures prior to the invention of the forward pass, half our fanbase convinces themselves our mediocre coach is a sorcerer which results in a lifetime contract.
5. Other programs, attempting to get better, hire better coaches. Mediocre coach gets exposed.

continuing to add years to this guy’s contract is malfeasance.
I honestly think that CMS could have much better results if he'd do a 180 on his offensive philosophy and especially about not scoring "too fast. Won't happen even though the GOAT did.

• Haha
Reactions: oddis500
I honestly think that CMS could have much better results if he'd do a 180 on his offensive philosophy and especially about not scoring "too fast. Won't happen even though the GOAT did.
If your position is that Stoops might be a good coach if he changed how he coaches then yes I could agree. Was it George Kastanza that had success by doing the opposite of what he thought he should do?? You might have just fixed Stoops!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT