ADVERTISEMENT

Who sees a lot of transfer portal activity with this team?

Nov 5, 2023
Watched this team all year and over the years and while we were never going to win this game, it looked like a lot of guys on the field mailed it in. This team has lacked leadership. It also has the look that it’s out of its league against certain SEC teams. It’s embarrassing. We showed again today that there are levels of play on the SEC and we belong on the same level as Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Miss St and Arkansas. Every other team is way above this group. Pathetic

This and about every team will have lots of portal activity . We def have some guys that could use a fresh start , and could use an infusion of players from other teams that need a fresh start . We need ‘right ’ guys , instead of an assortment that’s highly rated collectively. Obviously , we’ll get a QB , but a good LB and secondary are a must. Need to replace Ray Davis . There’s always lots of QB’s and RB’s out there in the portal , cause whoever isn’t starting somewhere is a possibility to transfer

I think the whole program needs evaluating. It’s one thing to compete with MAC teams but this defense is just overmatched against good SEC teams. Speed is a major factor on defense, this secondary has athletes but they don’t play an aggressive style and leave way too much space between them and the receivers. Linebacker play except for Wallace has been non existent. I don’t know if it’s schemes or talent but something ain’t working. Somebody mention Joe Lee Dunn last week. His defense played the game like junkyard dogs. We seem to play uninspired and stiff. I don’t how they build any momentum going forward. Totally unprepared to play today. Completely outcoached from the time they stepped on the field.

I think the whole program needs evaluating. It’s one thing to compete with MAC teams but this defense is just overmatched against good SEC teams. Speed is a major factor on defense, this secondary has athletes but they don’t play an aggressive style and leave way too much space between them and the receivers. Linebacker play except for Wallace has been non existent. I don’t know if it’s schemes or talent but something ain’t working. Somebody mention Joe Lee Dunn last week. His defense played the game like junkyard dogs. We seem to play uninspired and stiff. I don’t how they build any momentum going forward. Totally unprepared to play today. Completely outcoached from the time they stepped on the field.
That was me mentioning Joe Lee Dunn - if I’m going to lose by 4 TDs I want to play offense like Hal Mumme and defense like Joe Lee Dunn
At least be exciting and make things happen

That was me mentioning Joe Lee Dunn - if I’m going to lose by 4 TDs I want to play offense like Hal Mumme and defense like Joe Lee Dunn
At least be exciting and make things happen
We lose while playing the equivalent of HS schemes on both sides of the ball. Hell, we even changed the kicking style of our punter and he sucks now too. So, basically, all systems failure for the second straight year.

I think you’ll see the same old offseason In terms of portal

- guys like Ox Cox etc will be back
- Some of the backups that can't get on field will leave (some RBs, LBs, OL, etc...)
- We may lose a top tier guy like Justin Rogers that get targetted by a specific team might leave and UK will fight to keep their guys like Deonne Walker, etc...

I think UK guys like the atmosphere that Stoops build. Some of that is complacency but some is probably a good thing that players like being at a place like Ky.

As far as adding players...

QB for sure
RB probably
Tackle...if Flax is back...maybe not. BUt likely we'll look to add one
CB...We need one IMO
UK seems to always run into a high potential kid that Marrow/Stoops can get to Ky

I can see Walker hitting the portal after the season is done. I seem to remember hearing whispers about him before. Now every time I see him he seems to look disgusted and pissed off. Maybe Weaver too. Brown on offense is another possible transfer.

There is just something wrong with this whole team. I though maybe Stoops just had on the field discipline problems, but now I think it goes way deeper.

The more I think about it the more I think it has been like this for a few years now. That comment that CROD made about "vampires" inside the program is making more sense now. Maybe they need to let some people walk.

DB's play with space because Stoops wants to play this lousy software zone bend but don't break (it always breaks) defense....it's lousy and losing defense in football. We never have any sort of pass rush, we rarely blitz and allow the QB to eat a sandwich and smoke a cigarette before hitting a receiver.

You know, it's freaking sad when I'm sitting here watching a Mizzou team that is man handling UT with great offense/effort and a strong physical defense. I think Stoops snail pace ultra conservative boring style of defense/offense has had it's time here, there needs to be a major coaching staff overhaul from DC and down. If Stoops won't make some huge changes, then maybe it's time for him to go.

While we're in the Mr. Clean toilet bowl, we'll be seeing Mizzou in a NY6 bowl, something we've not sniffed yet since Stoops has been here. I have to give Drinkwitz credit, he's turned that program around in 3 yrs. It can be done at UK too with the right staff and an administration that demands Excellence instead of mediocrity. Until then we'll witness what we've seen today as long as we accept the same old, same old.

DB's play with space because Stoops wants to play this lousy software zone bend but don't break (it always breaks) defense....it's lousy and losing defense in football. We never have any sort of pass rush, we rarely blitz and allow the QB to eat a sandwich and smoke a cigarette before hitting a receiver.

You know, it's freaking sad when I'm sitting here watching a Mizzou team that is man handling UT with great offense/effort and a strong physical defense. I think Stoops snail pace ultra conservative boring style of defense/offense has had it's time here, there needs to be a major coaching staff overhaul from DC and down. If Stoops won't make some huge changes, then maybe it's time for him to go.

While we're in the Mr. Clean toilet bowl, we'll be seeing Mizzou in a NY6 bowl, something we've not sniffed yet since Stoops has been here. I have to give Drinkwitz credit, he's turned that program around in 3 yrs. It can be done at UK too with the right staff and an administration that demands Excellence instead of mediocrity. Until then we'll witness what we've seen today as long as we accept the same old, same old.
100 percent facts!

Reactions: entropy13 and UKat1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT