ADVERTISEMENT

Who Do We Pitch?

Bigbluecaleb

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2006
I am assuming this will be pretty much by committee, but with the extra day, how do we do this??? GBB⚾️

Reactions: CGblue
If some of our guys can shrug off their slumps, this should be a high scoring game, and we should have a good shot. If we stay cold, we likely are out of it early.

Last edited:
If some of our guys can shrug off their slumps, this should be a high scoring game and we should have a good shot. If we stay cold, we likely are out of it early.
Finally a slight lineup change
  1. LF Ryan Waldschmidt (.335)
  2. 2B Émilien Pitre (.298)
  3. 1B Ryan Nicholson (.312)
  4. DH Nick Lopez (.341)
  5. 3B Mitch Daly (.299)
  6. C Devin Burkes (.243)
  7. CF Nolan McCarthy (.291)
  8. RF James McCoy (.220)
  9. SS Grant Smith (.238)

Reactions: BGWentworth
Stupidity to not pitch Pooser in a do or die game! Doesn’t matter imo if we need him tonight if we don’t get through the damn day! This sucks!

Reactions: cathouse
Stupidity to not pitch Pooser in a do or die game! Doesn’t matter imo if we need him tonight if we don’t get through the damn day! This sucks!
There is not another coach in the nation that would have started Niman in an elimination game the way he has struggled the past month and a half.

Niman didn't look like he had any confidence in himself.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
There is not another coach in the nation that would have started Niman in an elimination game the way he has struggled the past month and a half.

Niman didn't look like he had any confidence in himself.
To be fair, neither did the infield or the outfield or the offense. So it doesn’t much matter.

Our defense choked as bad in the 1st inning today against Florida as a John Calipari coached team chokes at NCAA tournament time.

To be fair, neither did the infield or the outfield or the offense. So it doesn’t much matter.
I think their loss of focus and energy was due to the fact they knew Florida would kill Niman.

I don't think they had any confidence in his ability to even keep us in the game.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I think their loss of focus and energy was due to the fact they knew Florida would kill Niman.

I don't think they had any confidence in his ability to even keep us in the game.
This, this, and this!!! I really like Mingione a lot and I hope he learns a hard lesson from this. You can’t win the next one if you don’t win the one you’re playing.

Reactions: cathouse

Pity our coach played for the next game instead of the one in front of us.

And to be fair, it’s hard to argue with the most successful season we have ever had, but yeah. Should have played to win this game rather than hoping to have a chance in the next one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT