ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you more tired of hearing about: Bronny James or Arch Manning ?

I haven't heard much about Archie Manning. And I know we haven't heard people like Peyton or Cooper talking about him on TV, the way Lebron talks about his kid.

Lebron basically helped cause the buzz around his kid. You didn't see that with the Manning family. Archie Manning has been said by some, that he could be the best of all the Mannings.. where as there's almost zero chance Lebrons kid is as good as him. Plenty of famous stars have kids go on to play, but because they aren't as good as their parents.. you don't hear about them. But Arch Manning is seemingly right there with the other Mannings and that's why it's note worthy.

You all must not follow college football at all if you haven't heard much about Arch Manning. He was ranked one of the top prospects, if not the top prospect, for the class of 23. He has been talked about constantly on major sports networks during college football coverage. His recruitment was one of the most covered by the media of any other HS football player in a long time. His NIL deal is in excess of 3 million dollars. He has been covered on major media outlets way more than Bronny, who in contrast, ISN'T ranked near as high as a HS prospect.

That being said, I saw the video from his Texas spring game performance. It was pretty underwhelming.

How about both of the above.
Both but I think Arch has a better chance of being a top player in the pros. The Mannings churn out top QB’s, having those genes and that teaching his entire life sets him up for success. Now LeBron genes are obviously amazing but basketball sons have made it less often and the Mannings have multiple HOF QB’s in the family already. I think Bronny is way better now than I thought he would be though.

You all must not follow college football at all if you haven't heard much about Arch Manning. He was ranked one of the top prospects, if not the top prospect, for the class of 23. He has been talked about constantly on major sports networks during college football coverage. His recruitment was one of the most covered by the media of any other HS football player in a long time. His NIL deal is in excess of 3 million dollars. He has been covered on major media outlets way more than Bronny, who in contrast, ISN'T ranked near as high as a HS prospect.

That being said, I saw the video from his Texas spring game performance. It was pretty underwhelming.
Freshman QB’s rarely come in right away and dominate. It’s a man’s game.

I haven't heard much about Archie Manning. And I know we haven't heard people like Peyton or Cooper talking about him on TV, the way Lebron talks about his kid.

Lebron basically helped cause the buzz around his kid. You didn't see that with the Manning family. Archie Manning has been said by some, that he could be the best of all the Mannings.. where as there's almost zero chance Lebrons kid is as good as him. Plenty of famous stars have kids go on to play, but because they aren't as good as their parents.. you don't hear about them. But Arch Manning is seemingly right there with the other Mannings and that's why it's note worthy.
Saying he is gonna be better than Peyton, but bronny has no chance to be lebron??! Peyton is the best QB to ever throw a football. If he had a team around him most years you would have witnessed that.

Reactions: BluPappi81
The difference in the two is that Manning, by all accounts, is the absolute real deal. Bronny is largely manufactured by the media.
I personally think that’s trending in the opposite direction.

Manning put up zero competition for the starting gig at UT already and every time I see Bronny he’s clearly gotten better.

Bronny can stroke it from 3 for sure and does have some sneaky impressive hops. Just doesn’t have the ball handling ability to put it on the floor and get to the rack, yet.

I’m much more tired of hearing about Bronny but I’m also willing to admit he’s becoming a pretty impressive prospect.

Saying he is gonna be better than Peyton, but bronny has no chance to be lebron??! Peyton is the best QB to ever throw a football. If he had a team around him most years you would have witnessed that.
Didn’t Peyton Manning play a good chunk of his career with 3 Hall of Famers to get the ball to.

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Edgerrin James?

Since I only watch games and have stopped with the talking heads at ESPN, I haven’t heard much about either lately.
This is mostly me. I don't care much for the sports talk shows and mainly just watch games so I haven't heard much about either. I know who they are and how highly ranked they are coming into college but that's about all I hear about them. Muchly because of my own chkuce to listen or not to the media talk.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Arch bc he isn't going to be the starter or see significant playing time unless there's an injury.
Bronny on the other hand will surely see plenty of minutes wherever he decides to go.

Bronny not his father but he’s a good prospect that played Elite comp in highschool. Arch is the one who played a bunch of sorry competition and is nowhere near ready to play.

Didn’t Peyton Manning play a good chunk of his career with 3 Hall of Famers to get the ball to.

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Edgerrin James?
He did. But so many of this Colts teams had wretched defenses. And yes I acknowledge having Freeney and Mathis to get after the QB when the offense got the lead but those defenses usually came undone in playoff football.

I've heard crap said about Bronny James for around 6 months, but the kid looks like a first tier kind of player. Real good shooter. If his name was Floyd Cramer or something nobody would be bad mouthing him.

That said, it's tough to have a parent who was so obviously a mega-star. There are children of "stars" who have done ok. Henry Fonda's kids. Michael Redgrave's kids. (Ask your grandparents about them.) But mostly their own careers fizzle out quickly. I can't imagine also having the star parent pushing you. That seems like a double whammy. And to be tagged with an ootsy-cutesy variant of the parent's name? Jeez-louise, Le Bron. Your kid is NOT an extension of you.

The difference in the two is that Manning, by all accounts, is the absolute real deal. Bronny is largely manufactured by the media.
Bingo , he is no where near the top recruit in the class but to ESPN you would think we was a seven star recruit. He is not actually a five star I don’t believe. It’s not the kid’s fault though really.

A little OT but has there been any hype on Bryce yet?
Looks like he has a chance to be as tall as LeBron.

Arch by a mile.
Bronny is a tough aggressive kid who looks to play the right way. I’m loving his development.
I think Bryce will be better though.

Reactions: 1war
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT