ADVERTISEMENT

Which UK player was at his best in the biggest games?

He utterly choked in two closeout games. He missed a ton of free throws not only in the Kansas State game, but also the Auburn game a year later. With respect, he was the furthest thing from clutch that I can imagine.
PJ was just one of those players that does a lot of things well, but FTs just isn't one of them. Kinda Shaq-esque (not comparing him to Shaq at all except on that front.)

It blows my mind that FTs are so poor for some otherwise good to great players. I just don't get it.

Turner was money his last 2 years in the NCAA tourney.

In that same era of players, surprised Padgett and Sheppard haven't been mentioned yet. They seemed to be at their best the last 5 minutes of NCAA games.
Sheppard was one of those guys that you wanted to have a chance at a final shot. Padgett was just tough. He could go find you a bucket. May not be a pretty one, but he'd find it for you.

He utterly choked in two closeout games. He missed a ton of free throws not only in the Kansas State game, but also the Auburn game a year later. With respect, he was the furthest thing from clutch that I can imagine.
He was the only reason kentukcy was in that auburn game on a broken foot, he had like 28 points or something I think, he stepped up in the Houston & auburn games, I can give k-state he should never miss that many FTs

Reactions: KARLITO12
How about what Jeff Sheppard did during the last 13 games of his senior season leading UK to the 1998 national championship & being named the Most Outstanding Player of the tournament.

Reactions: otis-gip
It seems like this has to go to Aaron Harrison. A lot of the other players named were better players, but that's why they rose even higher in the bigger games. A lot of them were lottery picks or high first rounders. They are supposed to play big in big games. But IMO, Harrison played way over his head in some big games and at the most crucial times. He was definitely at his best under bright lights.

Doron Lamb.

After watching all of our 'shooters' since Lamb completely tank down the stretch of nearly every season and disappear in big games, I appreciate him more and more.

10x the player Booker or Herro was for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT