ADVERTISEMENT

Which UK player was at his best in the biggest games?

Lots of great ones, but the obvious answer is Aaron Harrison. That three-game stretch was, in my view, the most clutch by any player for any program. Then he hit a big one the next year against Notre Dame that everyone forgets because Dakari gave up the equalizer on the other end.

gettyimages-81373898-1024x1024.jpg

So many names from the distant past, I don't know if it's the new water or what makes players softer now, but we've had a bunch of good players who went on to get NBA checks who clenched up in the bigger moments at end of season. Herro, did that too.

Reactions: otis-gip
So many names from the distant past, I don't know if it's the new water or what makes players softer now, but we've had a bunch of good players who went on to get NBA checks who clenched up in the bigger moments at end of season. Herro, did that too.
One year versus two or three year players. Makes a world of difference.

Lots of great ones, but the obvious answer is Aaron Harrison. That three-game stretch was, in my view, the most clutch by any player for any program. Then he hit a big one the next year against Notre Dame that everyone forgets because Dakari gave up the equalizer on the other end.
Still cracks me up when people say he should have been on the benche against Wisconsin the next year in favor of Booker.

Man De'Aaron Fox was an all-timer on both ends in clutch situations. Honorable mention: Tyler "The General" Ulis!.... Also ran: Antione Walker was a beast!

I know he missed a ton of FTs against Kansas state, but PJ Washington his sophomore showed up for the most part when Kentucky needed him
He utterly choked in two closeout games. He missed a ton of free throws not only in the Kansas State game, but also the Auburn game a year later. With respect, he was the furthest thing from clutch that I can imagine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT