More painful

• Your sister driving you to the colonoscopy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The colonoscopy

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Having an any association with AIChatGPT

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
A sad lonely man in his 50’s being driven to the doctor for his annual colonoscopy is painful to read about.

Damn, I'm coming up on this stuff soon. My doctor told me a year or so ago, that I'd be starting to get regular prostate exams now that I'm past 35 years old.. and sure enough i have a doc appt. August 22nd.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
But the positive is.. I can give these fingers a break!

fozzie bear GIF

Kidney Stones. Colonoscopy, while a pain in the butt, is rather painless as you are knocked out cold.

Reactions: chroix
Damn, I'm coming up on this stuff soon. My doctor told me a year or so ago, that I'd be starting to get regular prostate exams now that I'm past 35 years old.. and sure enough i have a doc appt. August 22nd.
I’m 41 and my doc said I’m still good for a few years. You sure your Guy isn’t a little too eager?

45 for colonoscopy and 55 for prostrate is pretty standard.

I’m 41 and my doc said I’m still good for a few years. You sure your Guy isn’t a little too eager?

45 for colonoscopy and 55 for prostrate is pretty standard.
You guys are getting off easy. My grandfather died from prostate cancer in his early 60s.

Family History + Prostate Cancer = Meet Mr. Puppet.

220px-Blink-182_-_Enema_of_the_State_cover.jpg
'

Say "Goodnight, Gracie."

Reactions: roguemocha
Seriously....

Back during September, 2012, I began puking uncontrollably. Barfed with such intensity, my appendix burst. 3 surgeries and 36 hours later, I required a resection to remove part of my colon. Stage 2b cancer. If I'm not mistaken, another poster here. grannygreensleeves, ended up dying from colon cancer.

Please get checked.

Yo if you get a colonoscopy these days and it hurts you better call a lawyer. That weren’t no colonoscopy.

Reactions: warrior-cat
My GP started doing the prostate exam at 40

I think a lot of them have you poop in the box before you wind up doing the colonoscopy.

Either way, 3 seconds of a finger in my butt or a camera in my ass is way way way better than cancer.

Seriously....

Back during September, 2012, I began puking uncontrollably. Barfed with such intensity, my appendix burst. 3 surgeries and 36 hours later, I required a resection to remove part of my colon. Stage 2b cancer. If I'm not mistaken, another poster here. grannygreensleeves, ended up dying from colon cancer.

Please get checked.
Amen. My dad (age 87) is a 16-year colon cancer survivor thanks to a timely colonoscopy. Like you, he had a portion of his colon removed.

Who’s had kidney stones?
1 kidney stone but gall stones like a maracas.

In those days, pre-opioid epidemic, they gave me a shot of morphine and sent me home to pass the kidney stone. I was fortunate, the morphine hadn't worn off by the time I passed the stone. Only the one. We had a neighbor who had so many so often I think he had a scrip for vicodin. Pre-opioid epidemic rules. I'm terrified that they let you sweat it out now. (Maybe they don't. Knock wood: I've only had the one.)

The gall stones gave me heartburn like a heart attack. For awhile they tried to control things with diet, but eventually it had to come out.

Reactions: ZenCatFan73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT