ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Tony's mostly crap booking got them a new deal (cheap product, losing the NBA, and cable being what it is helps too) but believing week to week booking is the way to go when the other company is doing long term booking across the board is incredibly Vince-like. That tells me they're not going to grow their audience anymore and it doesn't matter who they sign going forward. Kevin Steen and AJ Styles could be on that roster and it won't make a difference. Heck, Lashley, a former WWE champion, is likely showing up soon and it won't matter.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Good ol uncle Dave - another fine nugget…

Dave Meltzer has called for The Beast Mortos to get "the rocket" and be pushed to a championship win in #AEW:

"They need to do something with this Mortos guy. Because he is getting over and he is fantastic, he’s been beaten a lot but everybody knows he’s great.

"They’ve got all these belts out there, he should win one of them and just get the rocket. I know he can’t do promos and maybe you put him with (Don) Callis. Just do something with this guy."

(WOR)

Raw for this evening as of now

WWE Intercontinental Champion Bron Breakker vs. Jey Uso.
Sami Zayn vs. Ludwig Kaiser.
Drew McIntyre to appear.

Didn't get a chance to mention over the weekend but what did you all think of the Cody-Roman thing from Smackdown?
Oscar worthy or MEH.

Me I thought it was different and cool.

What he means is they kept in the footage of him jackin off on a male midget from a table 10 feet in the air while the midget is walkin a donkey and covered in Hershey’s syrup whistling the Andy Griffith Show theme song.

Wealthy celebrities are a ****in weird lot.

Don't usually post Friday numbers but Smackdown did 1,494,000 viewers and a .45 in the demo. That's down about 250,000 viewers from last week on USA.
Rampage did 327,000 viewers and a .12.

Don't usually post Friday numbers but Smackdown did 1,494,000 viewers and a .45 in the demo. That's down about 250,000 viewers from last week on USA.
Rampage did 327,000 viewers and a .12.
Idk if it’s an indication of the dip but fox now has Friday night college football and Illinois/nebraska was a really good game between 2 ranked teams.

So wouldn’t he just sue them for slander/defamation then?
It’s nearly impossible to do as a celebrity. You’re a public figure so you’re fair game and then you have to prove malicious intent which is very costly and difficult to do which is why celebs rarely due the Enquirer for their tabloid trash.

Two things I am certain. Vince is so weird as we already know. Second, this was a consensual relationship and her texts and letters prove this.

It was nice to see a title change on a non PLE. Also champions do not have to hold the title for years ... they can lose them, and then even regain them a few weeks/months later. Title changes are exciting.

Now that they show they can have title changes on RAW, it makes it watchable and somewhat unpredictable (which will make more people watch).

Breakker is at the beginning of his career. He'll be fine. This is weekly tv. One loss on Raw doesn't hurt. It makes sense there's a little hot potato with the belt after Gunther held it for nearly 700 days.

They needed to pull the trigger on Jey. The chatter of him being called 'Main Event' when he loses every important match was getting louder. Not to mention fans have had his back for what feels like a year.

Breakker is at the beginning of his career. He'll be fine. This is weekly tv. One loss on Raw doesn't hurt. It makes sense there's a little hot potato with the belt after Gunther held it for nearly 700 days.

They needed to pull the trigger on Jey. The chatter of him being called 'Main Event' when he loses every important match was getting louder. Not to mention fans have had his back for what feels like a year.
He also got pinned by Sami at MITB and then beat him at SS so it’s not like Bron was chasing some undefeated streak or anything.

I wouldn't have taken the title of Bron either, but what do I know.
Reportedly Vince tried to buy the Netflix doc so it would never air, but they said no.

I wouldn't have taken the title of Bron either, but what do I know.
Reportedly Vince tried to buy the Netflix doc so it would never air, but they said no.
I think it was smart. How do you create a rivalry if it's 1-sided (same winner every time). I expect he will have it back before T-giving.
Think about the guys like Orton who have 10+ titles. That also means losing it 10+ times.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Positives of the title change:

- It's unexpected.
- It raises Jey up onto a higher pedestal so people actually buy into him being 'Main Event.'
- It will create storylines and feuds instead of one man holding it for several months.
- A chance to see Bron chase again as he becomes more focused, ie his story becomes slightly more interesting as the result of the loss.

Negatives:

- Jey likely gets screwed by Bad Guy Bloodline handing Breakker the title again in a couple months (which in-turn ends up a positive as that causes Jey to align back with his brother and Roman for the upcoming Civil War).

Some good points have been made here about Breakker. But am I supposed to take him seriously and believe he's a star? Or is he just another guy on the roster who talks a big game but can lose on any given night?

Some good points have been made here about Breakker. But am I supposed to take him seriously and believe he's a star? Or is he just another guy on the roster who talks a big game but can lose on any given night?
I don’t think you can build him up into a monster like Goldberg once you lose you lose all your aura - kinda like Randy orton or cena a guy that’s young and takes some lumps but comes back stronger every time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT