ADVERTISEMENT

Which 4 schools do you want to get to 20?

Louisville has no brand is the thing. Why would the SEC want another Vandy level team as far as football goes.

Lol, when did Vandy have a Heisman winner? I am not excited about Tech getting, buy I like the big10 playing 4-5 games in Atlanta alot less, you should too.

Just in the ACC alone there are UNC, NC St, Duke, Clemson, FSU, Miami, UVA and VA Tech that are clearly better expansion options that UofL. Then add in the Pac 12 and Big 12 candidates as well as Notre Dame and it is going to be awhile before UofL is considered as an option for either the Big 10 or the SEC. For Cardinal fans, their best option would be for the best of the ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12 to try and form a third alternative to the Big 10 and SEC. I don't think it is going to happen. None of those leagues has a visionary at the helm right now. To be honest, I never understood how Tom Jurich pulled off all the success he had at UofL. Someone like that leading the ACC might be able to clear a better path for that league going forward.

Yeah, need to take Louisville to keep the Big 10 out of an SEC state, lol. 20% of the Louisville market is already in Indiana, it has poor academics, small alumni base, and it is a slow growth market that doesn't add any kind of fertile recruiting ground. I cant imagine there is anything about the school either conference would find appealing.

SEC has some options in presumed expansion but you can forget Notre Dame. There is no way they will join the SEC. Culturally and from a business standpoint they are a far better fit in the B1G.

My picks are about the same as others.
1. UNCheat...large market and good football/great basketball brand.
2. Va Tech...moderate market, historically very good football/average basketball.
3. Florida State...very good market, historically great football/good basketball.
4. Clemson...good market, great football/average basketball.

Darkhorse picks in no order...
1. Pittsburgh...very good market, very good football/average basketball. Also, would give the SEC a beach head in B1G country. Pro sports town though.
2. UCF...good market, good football/average basketball. Poised to have the largest alumni base in all of America in a few years.
3. Virginia...moderate market, average football/very good basketball. SEC would only consider UVA if academics matter going forward. But, do they?
4. Houston...very good market, good football/above average bball. But, how much do they bring to the SEC table that we don't already have with Texas and TAMU? Plus, pro sports.
5. Miami...very large market, historically good football/good bball. Bigtime pro sports city though. How many eyes on TV's for college sports?

Yeah, need to take Louisville to keep the Big 10 out of an SEC state, lol. 20% of the Louisville market is already in Indiana, it has poor academics, small alumni base, and it is a slow growth market that doesn't add any kind of fertile recruiting ground. I cant imagine there is anything about the school either conference would find appealing.
This. Anyone who thinks either conference would consider them is clueless about how this is working.

Maybe you don't mind the Big10 playing 4-5 games in Kentucky, but them play 4-5 in FL or GA is a big deal for recruiting, Would hurt us much, but the other SEC schools would lose some kids to them. Right now about the only ones are OSU and Mich, but that would expand to all of them. They weren't setting up those satellite camps where the recruits weren't. Tech isn't very good in anything. If Tech falls into the big 10 watch your recruiting in GA suffer.

If you want to keep up with the B1G you need new media Markets, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech (for DC) and and Pitt or FSU, if it locks down Florida. I’d have to see what our current media deal looks like in Florida.

If you want to keep up with the B1G you need new media Markets, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech (for DC) and and Pitt or FSU, if it locks down Florida. I’d have to see what our current media deal looks like in Florida.
Purely for money you’d go, UNC, Boston College, VT and Temple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT