ADVERTISEMENT

Where Were You?

How did you watch the game from when they're down 31? ESPN cut away for five or six minutes. Even the KET broadcast had to cut away part. Were there parts of Kentucky where the game was not cut away from because I was out of state during that game?

We lived out in the country where cable wasn’t available. Pops would move mountains to watch the Cats, so we had one of the giant satellite dishes in our backyard with the dials. Our sports feeds in those days often didn’t have commercials. Just dead air from commentary and a picture of what was happening in the arena during the “timeouts” on the floor. The satellite feeds never cut away. Same for the NCAA Tournament.

I had come home from work, and my uncle invited me to his house for dinner and to watch the game. We ought we're distraught with the game, but were mind-blown that UK came back from that.

On a job site in Maryville, Ky near Lewisville doing several pre-treats of new homes. My son and I were sitting in our truck listening, listening and not believing it but hoping.. I think he was eight or nine. A never forget memory. My son and I stopped off and loaded up with candy and stuff to celebrate on the way home.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Was watching at my first apartment. I'm sure the people above and below me were pissed. I was 24 years old at the time. I'm sure other than beers some other stuff was consumed. What a great day.

30 years from now, we'll look back on last night's game with such reverence. The night Kentucky upset Auburn.

On a job site in Maryville, Ky near Lewisville doing several pre-treats of new homes. My son and I were sitting in our truck listening, listening and not believing it but hoping.. I think he was eight or nine. A never forget memory. My son and I stopped off and loaded up with candy and stuff to celebrate on the way home.
The game was 9:10 to 11:30 pm Eastern.

Is your company called The Wet Bandit's?

The game was 9:10 to 11:30 pm Eastern.

Is your company called The Wet Bandit's?

Nope I worked when the Builder's did not. Sprayed chemical ya know...Termiticides. Yeah I guess I was nearly a wet bandit. Hundreds of gallons at a time... (May try working yourself... seems you may have too much energy.) Glad the posting police are out but they could nearly be called richard heads at times. (Oh and I sold the company just before 9/11...)

Edit: Just checked with my son. (39 now.) I was correct. (Have to keep check on this old(er) brain/ memory...)

Last edited:
Student at Murray State, remember watching at the fraternity house. A bunch of dudes from Indiana were talking a bunch of noise. It was beautiful watching them wilt when the CATS came back for the W. GBB!

Reactions: BBUK
I don’t remember the address, but it was a rental, like the 4th house on the right. When I’m back in town I’ll confirm. What years were you there?
It would’ve been early to mid seventies, best I can remember last time we were there in October it was prob 10-12 houses down on the left.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Still have my original K-Bar - wanted to do one tour ended up with 22yrs. Ended my career screening dudes for Special Operations for the Navy. Times have changed, we recruit SEALS now with records, stats show they make it at a higher percentage. Go figure.

Impressive, I only got to spend 4 years. Always thought I should have done twenty but it wasn't to be... I am thankful though. (Army)

Last edited:
I was at the movie theatre watching Blue Chips with a lifelong friend and my dad. I was 13 years old. Watched it on VHS the next day!

I was at the house with one of those there ah, VCR machines.

FextDsL.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT