ADVERTISEMENT

Where Kentucky stands with some of the top 2025 recruits & their new rankings....

This isn't a knock, but some of y'all are nuts. After what Pope pulled off, I'm not concerned about recruiting at all. I'm totally in on this year. Next year, and everything that happens with transfers and guys de-committing now? Almost seemed like a waisted effort playing that guessing game. Again, not knocking. You do you.

Listening to the interviews this morning from wkyt 27 Jasper and Moreno are dead locks to Kentucky pope has been on them like
poo GIF by SHYNOLA
and prioritize both of them for next years class

Reactions: BarefootBeach
I'm hoping for Brown Johnson Ament Bundalo Moreno but there is a ton of talent in the 25 class. Yessoufou Cenac Riley Magwood Mullins Lewis Easter. Couldn't go wrong with any of those guys. Not to mention a couple top 10 guys we're in on. I think once recruits see Pope's style of play alot more will be looking at UK.

Reactions: true blue1
This isn't a knock, but some of y'all are nuts. After what Pope pulled off, I'm not concerned about recruiting at all. I'm totally in on this year. Next year, and everything that happens with transfers and guys de-committing now? Almost seemed like a waisted effort playing that guessing game. Again, not knocking. You do you.
Your 100% correct.

I want an approach to recruiting that starts the way the best coaches from the past used to do it. Heavily dependent on scouting and based on forecasting a players fit and upside while at your school (not in the NBA). I know a coaching staff has to have enough selling ability to entice players to come to UK. But if being the best recruiter is just about how many/often a coach can entice the highest ranked players from the recruiting services to come and play one-year at UK, then I don’t want the best recruiters? I want the smart, hard-working, analytical coaches instead.

I think, more often than not, OAD high school kids are not worth the investment of time, effort and money. The return on investment the school gets in regard to wins and being in title contention doesn’t justify it. Analyzing it historically, it seems to me that that approach is more of a glamour thing than a winning thing.

I remember reading Harwell's Dad seemed high on UK/Pope.
Don't know if the feeling is mutual.
It's also surprising that On3 doesn't have Arkansas favored for a single top 25 player in the '25 class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT