ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s MacGinnis?

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
Lions kicker gets hurt so they sign this guy Sososa? He misses a PAT and then misses a 48 yarder in OT so bad it barely gets above the cross bar and isn’t even long enough! I guarantee AM at least gets it there!

Reactions: The-Hack
The Football Team signed a guy a couple weeks ago that had never played in the NFL and had been out of college for 5 years. Some guy that kicked at Pitt.

The last time I saw Mac was in a preseason game for the Rams. He missed a chip shot FG and was cut. Making an NFL roster is a tough gig, especially if you're a kicker or punter since teams only carry one. What he did in college is irrelevant to NFL teams. Mac has had several opportunities and hasn't been able to make a roster. I would think that his name is probably on a call list for teams, but how far down the list it is, is anybody's guess.

Reactions: JBHolmesfan
The last time I saw Mac was in a preseason game for the Rams. He missed a chip shot FG and was cut. Making an NFL roster is a tough gig, especially if you're a kicker or punter since teams only carry one. What he did in college is irrelevant to NFL teams. Mac has had several opportunities and hasn't been able to make a roster. I would think that his name is probably on a call list for teams, but how far down the list it is, is anybody's guess.
He’s had at least a handful of workouts with NFL teams. I’m surprised he hasn’t been signed, but he’s had the chances. Maybe he didn’t kick well in the workouts. MacGinnis would probably perform as well as these kickers that get brought in off the street. If he was so much better, he’d have gotten picked up by now.

Reactions: JDHoss
He’s had at least a handful of workouts with NFL teams. I’m surprised he hasn’t been signed, but he’s had the chances. Maybe he didn’t kick well in the workouts. MacGinnis would probably perform as well as these kickers that get brought in off the street. If he was so much better, he’d have gotten picked up by now.
NFL teams treat kickers like trash. I guess they just don’t understand that every one of them misses kicks, goes through hot streaks and cold streaks, yet the teams expect perfection. That’s not possible but the teams still demand it. It’s why someone like Mason Crosby who has an extraordinary career now got on the hot seat this year. Give me a break do they think players forget how to kick? Do they have dementia or something I don’t understand how you can forget how to kick.

In reality I think kicking is a lot like golf in that you never truly know what you’re going to get when you step out there. But if you are somewhat consistent just like golf you’ll have more good days than bad days

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT