ADVERTISEMENT

When will the Grand Jury meet for the missing 6?????

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
This is getting ridiculous!!

Why hasn’t this been resolved yet????

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Swag
This is getting ridiculous!!

Why hasn’t this been resolved yet???? N n
I’ve just resigned myself to accepting they will miss the entire season at this point. The missed time with the team is putting them way behind. If they come back it’s gravy. I’m also kinda expecting all of them to transfer, guilty or not . Just to get away from a situation that will always be mentioned and discussed. It sucks but I’m expecting it.

I’ve just resigned myself to accepting they will miss the entire season at this point. The missed time with the team is putting them way behind. If they come back it’s gravy. I’m also kinda expecting all of them to transfer, guilty or not . Just to get away from a situation that will always be mentioned and discussed. It sucks but I’m expecting it.
I hate it...but I agree you'll see some guys hit the road eventually.

Are these guys practicing with the team? It's just really disappointing that this case has gone this far and has not been resolved in some capacity.
Yeah, if they have not been part of team activities all this time it matters not if they all of a sudden cleared to play - they’ve missed tons of physical and mental reps…

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
So these kids are being punished without being convicted of ANYTHING.

Who is the prosecutor and can he be voted out of office next election?
Would really love to know the story behind this whole fiasco. Instead of just getting the Louisville journalist's biased version of what happened, where is the Lexington media on this?

They should be naming names, publishing police reports, interviewing those involved and at least shed some light on this situation.

You can kiss these players goodbye. I wonder how many of them will end up on rival rosters who don't give a dam about a silly frat house rumble?

Many people sit in jail for years before they get an actual trial to decide if they are innocent or guilty. I do feel bad for these kids though.

Reactions: GH_UKBBN92

It is my understanding the charges were brought directly by the police investigator, which is a judicial procedural quirk to KY, it would seem. Maybe one of the local lawyers could chime in, but my grandfather was a Judge in Florida and that wasn't how it worked down here.

Bottomline...this is coming from Barnhardt/UK leadership and not Stoops to hold them out. I don't agree at all with this stance especially with the 5 not accused of a gun. But a freaking frat fight and you get suspended 2 game and counting....UK took an approach that is why more stringent than just about any other SEC school would have.

Bottomline...this is coming from Barnhardt/UK leadership and not Stoops to hold them out. I don't agree at all with this stance especially with the 5 not accused of a gun. But a freaking frat fight and you get suspended 2 game and counting....UK took an approach that is why more stringent than just about any other SEC school would have.
I believe it is department policy that any athlete who is charged with a felony must be suspended until the charges are resolved. It would be unusual for a public university to allow for ad hoc decisions when it comes to criminal charges. Keep an eye out and if any of the charges are amended to misdemeanor, I bet you see the players activated immediately, even before the charges are resolved. Misdemeanors allow for case by case decisions and I suspect felonies do not.

Guilty or not, these players are being punished by the loss of their season. As I said in another post, "Justice delayed is justice denied." A speedy trial is supposed to be an interigal part of our justice system.
Supposedly, Mitch Barnhart said in an interview on KSR that he only made the decision to suspend them from all activities until the matter was resolved. I didn’t hear the interview but several people I know did . The ”justice system “ is not preventing them from playing or participating. I think just not playing in games would have been widely accepted as fair or even strict. There was NO reason to not allow them to practice. imo.

Supposedly, Mitch Barnhart said in an interview on KSR that he only made the decision to suspend them from all activities until the matter was resolved. I didn’t hear the interview but several people I know did . The ”justice system “ is not preventing them from playing or participating. I think just not playing in games would have been widely accepted as fair or even strict. There was NO reason to not allow them to practice. imo.
Mitch just simply said "its school policy" when asked why the guys were sitting out despite being cleared by the university. Once they had charges pressed, they were in violation of "school policy".

Reactions: yoshukai
That is criminal in itself and 100% the fault of Barney.

The prosecutor is not holding them out .
He is the one that could work something out with the officer to get this case resolved. But he has yet to do it.

That’s what a prosecutor does isn’t it?

With such a backlog of cases, one would think that something like this would be something the police and the prosecutor would want to resolve out of court.

Am I missing something???

I would like to know what punishment if any has been handed down to the frat boys and girls involved. I know the fraternity got put on probation but big freaking deal on that. Those frat boys and girls used derogatory names and slurs that aren't acceptable in today's society. What punishment did they get? The players have had their names plastered everywhere over this. Why haven't the other people involved who used racial slurs had their names plastered everywhere. How is that fair? Why did one police officer bring charges when none of the others would? This whole thing reeks of rich kids getting away with what they did with no repercussions. If those kids used racial slurs as has been reported then they must be expelled from school. If the school is going to hold the players accountable for what they did then the school must hold the others accountable for what they said and did as well. Fair is fair. Now all of this opinion is based on what we know as of now. If more or different evidence becomes public I very well could change my mind. But what has been presented so far is nothing more than drunk rich kids running their mouths and using racial slurs and then getting their ass kick. Rich mommy and daddy want some kind of blind justice for their little angels and have pushed this.

He is the one that could work something out with the officer to get this case resolved. But he has yet to do it.

That’s what a prosecutor does isn’t it?

With such a backlog of cases, one would think that something like this would be something the police and the prosecutor would want to resolve out of court.

Am I missing something???
The County Attorney could have got rid of this case and now the Commonwealth Attorney can decide not to proceed with presenting the case to the grand jury.

The County Attorney could have got rid of this case and now the Commonwealth Attorney can decide not to proceed with presenting the case to the grand jury.
And aren’t both of those positions elected offices?

Any chance the backlog could be caused by the way-too-many instances of victimless crime charges? Ooooooh, dude has an ounce of bud. Someone distilled their own liquor for personal use. Oooooooooooooooooo. So spooky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT