ADVERTISEMENT

When Reese hit Clark upside her head yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah there. I said the mental health thing after after I said it was a hard basketball play. My point was she went for the block, but absolutely didn't care what amount of contact she made. And the anecdotal mental health part was, looking at her actions since anyone knew who was was, is geared toward an abnormal need for attention. I didn't say "this chick is a mental health danger to herself or others". Her need for attention and her obvious jealously certainly isn't healthy, IMO. To even hint my comment is racially motivated is apauling. Be better.
Like I said, you want me to pretend. You know what you’re doing.

Reactions: Jamal Sunburn
I play rough and dirty. Play ball like I play in bed, always have. Yet to find many who can keep hittin through my contact. Was a nose guard in football playin dirty just comes with it. Probably had 50 balls thrown at my head through the years.
Idk what type of Puff Daddy basketball you’ve been playing, take that slap and tickle bullshit to the Duke forum weirdo.

Flagrant ? Maybe, maybe not. Intentional ? Nope. IF it had been anyone other than Reece fouling, or anyone other than Clark getting fouled, it would have been a common foul and no media / fan outcry. The two players involved is why this is even a issue. She didn't strike her across the face, she swiped at the ball, missed, and hit her on top of the head. One poster said "clotheslined", LOL, learn what a clothesline is, no where near it. But some have to add the special effects to further push the agenda.

Idk what type of Puff Daddy basketball you’ve been playing, take that slap and tickle bullshit to the Duke forum weirdo.

Nah I go hard. I don’t flop. And I don’t have relations with teammates. I don’t do men. I wouldn’t be accepted at Arkansas or Duke.

Like I said, you want me to pretend. You know what you’re doing.
Look, friend, I like you as a poster when discussing basketball. But whenever there's a thread like these, I'd bet a paycheck there's a dozen posts from you in there talking about race. Just because you live your life seeing skin color, doesn't mean everyone else does too. My post had nothing do do with race. Not even a hint. Heck, I even defended her actual play. It was YOUR brain that injected race into it. You, not me. So, if you want to talk about "sick and tired", maybe you're exhausted from constantly looking at the world through a skin color prism. But I will not stand idly by and let you insinuate that I'm a racist.

I'm not going to engage you any further on matters of race. Again, I like you as a poster when you make it about basketball.

Flagrant ? Maybe, maybe not. Intentional ? Nope. IF it had been anyone other than Reece fouling, or anyone other than Clark getting fouled, it would have been a common foul and no media / fan outcry. The two players involved is why this is even a issue. She didn't strike her across the face, she swiped at the ball, missed, and hit her on top of the head. One poster said "clotheslined", LOL, learn what a clothesline is, no where near it. But some have to add the special effects to further push the agenda.

Reece isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt when she stands up on the bench, cheers and laughs when Carter CLEARY cheapshotted Clark the first time they played (Nobody debates that it was a cheapshot). Reece is a lowgrade LOSER.

Look, friend, I like you as a poster when discussing basketball. But whenever there's a thread like these, I'd bet a paycheck there's a dozen posts from you in there talking about race. Just because you live your life seeing skin color, doesn't mean everyone else does too. My post had nothing do do with race. Not even a hint. Heck, I even defended her actual play. It was YOUR brain that injected race into it. You, not me. So, if you want to talk about "sick and tired", maybe you're exhausted from constantly looking at the world through a skin color prism. But I will not stand idly by and let you insinuate that I'm a racist.

I'm not going to engage you any further on matters of race. Again, I like you as a poster when you make it about basketball.

He's definitely the Al Sharpton of RR.

Reece isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt when she stands up on the bench, cheers and laughs when Carter CLEARY cheapshotted Clark the first time they played (Nobody debates that it was a cheapshot). Reece is a lowgrade LOSER.
Probably not. She isn't doing herself any favors by being so vocal on everything. But, low grade loser ? I will not say that. She does have a really bad / strong attitude, but she plays hard, is a enforcer type player who does the dirty work. She is a walking double / double machine, but she does need to tone her outspokenness and attitude down a bit. But I will not label her a loser.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
That kind of foul happens almost every single game of basketball. These stupid storylines are just to get the WNBA more attention and many are taking the bait.

That was the next step I expected from you after you got called out on your bullshit. The whole “I’m not racist, you’re the real racist” dance. It’s the same thing every time. This Clark-Reese thing keeps getting brought up on here for a reason, and it’s absolutely racially motivated. I’m not the one bringing it up constantly, you clearly don’t like that I see right through the bullshit. You said what you said and it was bullshit. You’re not the worst of them, but you’re in every one of these threads with your nasty rhetoric that you think is covert. I see you. The mods have allowed this forum to be a safe space for racial rhetoric for many years, so yes, you have and will continue to see me torment those of you who choose to partake in it.

Last edited:
agree to disagree... but we all have opinions
Definitely not a clothes line; but it was across her head with kinda a windup... usually players only wind up, when they know they are going to send the ball into the stands, or they are meaning to hit someone. again just IMO.

Not sure I’ve seen many block attempts where they wildly swing their whole arm. Coming from behind as she were should have made that an easier block attempt but she appeared to be going all out for a Kenny walker block on detlef schrempf from back in the day. I’m not entirely sure she hit her in the head intentionally but I am positive she didn’t mind that she did. The jealousy and envy Reese has for Clark is all too apparent.
The jealousy and envy is obviously there against Clark. One statement from Reese that she made during an interview pretty much said it all. She was getting upset about the questions in regard to her relationship with Clark. She said in a jealous tone that "There are other players who play and make plays out there on the court, including me. I am playing hard and people need to recognize me and what I bring to the game. I am a good player, so keep your eyes on me, too."

If that doesn't say that she wants attention and to be talked about, then I don't know what to tell you. I have never said that she wasn't a good player, but Clark is in another league. These jealous players need to be careful, because if they don't get past this teenage behavior that are a lot of them are exhibiting. They are going to pass up the excitement that is being grown based on Clark's addition to the league.

They will lose the goodwill being earned by Clark's league play. It's like the tri le down effect. They will all earn the better series, more endorsements, etc because let's face it...Clark won't get it all. But if they keep mouthing off and showing their anger, jealousy, etc, they will lose it all, or most of it, anyway. If I were a business owner, I don't care how good they are, I WOULD NOT invest one red cent in one of these players who are supposed to be "mature" professionals but act like children. Period. They are throwing their futures away. I hope they wake up before it's too late.

agree to disagree... but we all have opinions
Definitely not a clothes line; but it was across her head with kinda a windup... usually players only wind up, when they know they are going to send the ball into the stands, or they are meaning to hit someone. again just IMO.
So you do not think she intended to "send the ball into the stands"? Your wording seems to think she was trying to harm her. I did not see anything to conclusively show me she intended to harm Clark. Sorry, I just don't. To ME, it looked like she went for a spectacular block, in the process, fouled Clark on top of the head. I would think if she was really trying to commit a flagrant foul, she would have came across the face. On top of the head actually supports trying to go for the ball. Notice the other player actually did get ball after the Reece foul.

Last edited:
Woah there. I said the mental health thing after after I said it was a hard basketball play. My point was she went for the block, but absolutely didn't care what amount of contact she made. And the anecdotal mental health part was, looking at her actions since anyone knew who was was, is geared toward an abnormal need for attention. I didn't say "this chick is a mental health danger to herself or others". Her need for attention and her obvious jealously certainly isn't healthy, IMO. To even hint my comment is racially motivated is apauling. Be better.

Now look at my Jordan video and you can reevaluate your ‘contact’ comment.

Something to think about for anyone reading this thread. Today is the second time in the history of Rupp’s Rafters that a thread has been made about a foul call in the WNBA and both have been this season. I know it’s the off-season and it’s kind of dead right now, but if you’re acting like you don’t know what’s going on here, you’re just insulting my intelligence. Mods eventually took the last threads about this “feud” down, both times after letting the usual crew air their frustrations for a day or so, then both times the threads disappeared after I came in late and lifted up the rug and started sweeping some of the bullshit out into the open. Stop playing dumb.

Right it’s just a flagrant 1, happens all the time. But there’s a dude in this thread saying it means she might have a mental health problem. That’s absolutely nuts and it’s racially motivated rhetoric and I’m tired of people expecting me to pretend it isn’t.

Huh? Who is expecting anything from you. Not sure anyone on here knows you from Adam’s housecat.

You wanna see a media uproar lol yet at the same time they would be praising them making money that way too.
WNBA reg season games in spandex athleisure (it’s what half the fitness industry wears anyways including volleyball, tennis skirts, female track athletes etc. Sponsored by Victoria Secret, lululemon etc….normal game views would go up as it would draw the male audience since the female demographic doesn’t seem to want to watch anyways (or else they’d be successful without leaching NBA money). Young girls could still aspire to play…it doesn’t deter them from pursuing teack or volleyball or Tennis/golf. —-this option isn’t even “sexualizing women’s sports”…it’s just embracing the femininity like like the other female sports instead of being a male replica down to the uniforms.

Orrrrr just lean into the “sex is empowerment” movement if they really wanted to dabble w pushing limits: You could do an adult PPV game once a month where the WNBA accepts volunteer women's basketball players (doesn’t have to be pros) to play a topless pickup game for 20-50k for a single game; could even be doubled as a “tryout opportunity”, 2 rosters of 5 players, 10x20-50k =200,000-500,000. The league would make millions from the single game if random OF girls are clearing 6-7 figures

They’d make Netprofit.

Last edited:
Something to think about for anyone reading this thread. Today is the second time in the history of Rupp’s Rafters that a thread has been made about a foul call in the WNBA and both have been this season. I know it’s the off-season and it’s kind of dead right now, but if you’re acting like you don’t know what’s going on here, you’re just insulting my intelligence. Mods eventually took the last threads about this “feud” down, both times after letting the usual crew air their frustrations for a day or so, then both times the threads disappeared after I came in late and lifted up the rug and started sweeping some of the bullshit out into the open. Stop playing dumb.

I don’t know enough about your intelligence to insult it, but maybe it’s me. WTF are you talking about?

Reactions: flacat22
Looks like Clark is getting better and better. Getting used to the new league and step up.

She’ll be a mainstay over the next years. Has handled all of the bumps with great class.

Truthfully she probably will enjoy the time off instead of playing on the Olympic team. Will be a leader on the next 3.

I was playing with my buddy Luke the other day and accidentally caught him on the chin attempting a steal. A bit later he caught me on my ear trying to block a layup. Neither one of us called a foul, just said my bad and kept playing. That’s why we like playing each other, it’s competitive and fair, nobody bitches about it. Some of y’all never laced them up and it really really shows.
Yeah. Your “buddy” is a bit different than someone who has constantly ran their mouth and been in your face for years. I took a T in a college game for hitting a guy in the face with an inbounds pass because he tried to save a ball off my head. Had a few fights in practices because of cheap shots in drills with “buddies”. Big difference in lacing them up at the local Y with friends for a run and in a competitive scenario. If someone hit me or one of my teammates like Reece did we would have been fighting or near fighting. Definitely exchanged words.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Cracks me up all the people saying she was 100 percent going for the block. How many times have you gone for a block swiping sideways from behind? It was a Bill Laimbeer "send a message" foul. When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

I would like to know which media member came up with the dumb, cliched term, basketball play. So stupid. People think everything has to be categorized. I cringe when I hear the term.

Reactions: Fancatstik
Haha, it’s your story, tell it how you want to I guess but here’s another note for you. No one mentioned race till you did. “Mental illness,” while a strange leap to make is racist? You’ll be the reason this thread gets deleted. Cmon.

Cracks me up all the people saying she was 100 percent going for the block. How many times have you gone for a block swiping sideways from behind? It was a Bill Laimbeer "send a message" foul. When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
Some would argue that the one's dismissing the CC hate are the racist one's. Some would argue that.

Looks like Clark is getting better and better. Getting used to the new league and step up.

She’ll be a mainstay over the next years. Has handled all of the bumps with great class.

Truthfully she probably will enjoy the time off instead of playing on the Olympic team. Will be a leader on the next 3.
I said the same thing . She should be much better next season when she actually has a real offseason

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Seems like something new every day with someone trying to hurt her its just a matter of time until she is hurt badly some of the people that is doing these assaults against her should be punished by suspension or whatever.

Reactions: bigbluedon
OMG you can't be serious. Poor little Caitlyn Clark. You sound worse than Billy Packer "What is he doing to Woj". You couldn't have an unbiased take if the facts slapped you right smack dab in the face.
She is getting so abused she hasn't even had any skin broken or blood from the "blows" she has absorbed. Hell I haven't even noticed a bruise on her whole body, I seriously doubt she has taken "that much" abuse. You see players all the time with scratches on their arms, bloody noses, etc. If Clark was getting hit that severe as you are portraying, you would think there would be marks left showing such damaging results. yes my post gets a bit exaggerated, just like yours did.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
So you do not think she intended to "send the ball into the stands"? Your wording seems to think she was trying to harm her. I did not see anything to conclusively show me she intended to harm Clark. Sorry, I just don't. To ME, it looked like she went for a spectacular block, in the process, fouled Clark on top of the head. I would think if she was really trying to commit a flagrant foul, she would have came across the face. On top of the head actually supports trying to go for the ball. Notice the other player actually did get ball after the Reece foul.
again... JMO
but good discussion
thanks

OMG you can't be serious. Poor little Caitlyn Clark. You sound worse than Billy Packer "What is he doing to Woj". You couldn't have an unbiased take if the facts slapped you right smack dab in the face.
She is getting so abused she hasn't even had any skin broken or blood from the "blows" she has absorbed. Hell I haven't even noticed a bruise on her whole body, I seriously doubt she has taken "that much" abuse. You see players all the time with scratches on their arms, bloody noses, etc. If Clark was getting hit that severe as you are portraying, you would think there would be marks left showing such damaging results. yes my post gets a bit exaggerated, just like yours did.
Let some folks tell it she’s been “abused” and “bullied” every single game. She’s tougher than some of these fans .

When she’s had 2 flagrant fouls against her but with some of these threads you would think it’s every game .

Then you have Steven A Smith’s rant about it. Just crazy stuff like man why do you all push this crap. Just talk about the game and the play.

Was it this ? I do agree with him though . My reasoning is I don’t think Reese is on the level of Clark talent wise . I’ve felt that way during the whole Iowa/LSU thing .

The so called beef seems to be one sided to me . Reese has a problem with Clark meanwhile Clark keeps saying good things about Reese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT