ADVERTISEMENT

When is going to stop....move on

clevenger32

Junior
Mar 22, 2009
I have been following UK since Cotton Nash. I am so happy to have my program back.
As soon as this past year's players have all made their decisions on where they are going
to go can those of you who probably only have known one coach in your time following UK
basketball, stop spending time on a UK site talking about what your former coach and the
kids that came to play for the former coach move on. I could give a flip where they are going
or if they are following the former coach.

We’re here to discuss anything and everything about college basketball. You’ll have adapt to how the discussion flows. Not sure how you think all of us will adapt to the things you don’t want discussed.
I am not asking to be able dictate what people talk about and I apologize it came across that way. I would imagine however that there are more than a handful of long time followers that feel like I do.

I have been following UK since Cotton Nash. I am so happy to have my program back.
As soon as this past year's players have all made their decisions on where they are going
to go can those of you who probably only have known one coach in your time following UK
basketball, stop spending time on a UK site talking about what your former coach and the
kids that came to play for the former coach move on. I could give a flip where they are going
Preach on brother though I fear some will never get it they hate change and are slow to adapt nice post

I don't mind the discussion, but a lot of it is started with a chicken little, woe is us tone. It's like daddy just took the training wheels off the bike.

Pro tip, you dont have to read threads you aren’t interested in

As you can tell by some of the responses to your post, some people just can't seem to get past the idiot who was the coach here and want to post about him every chance they get. We have a new coach and coaching staff and it's FINALLY an exciting time to be a Kentucky fan again, so I'm with you, but there are always people on this board who are ready to pounce on a post, even if it's just stating that you're happy with what's coming our way in the future. I agree with you; that "coach" (and I use that term loosely) is thankfully gone and all of his mercenaries have moved on, as well, so I'm happy to have the Cats back in good hands and I look forward to what the new coaching staff is going to bring! Go Big Blue!!

Yes I agree. Cotton Nash is the earliest team I remember. Didn’t watch a lot until 66 but I remember him

Just give it some time, it will improve. I think there are a few factors to consider:

1. The wound is still fresh, and Cal's arrogance toward the fanbase was pretty polarizing. So, a lot of fans are still venting both their frustrations of memory and their sighs of relief that he's gone.
2. It has only been 3 weeks since there was a coaching search to replace Cal and even less than that when players were still deciding on whether they would possibly stay with the program or transfer elsewhere.
2. Cal went to another school in conference, so it isn't as easy to totally forget him as his team will be on the schedule every year...likely more than once.

So, I agree that some of the woe is me attitude as referenced in a post above is short sighted, so it does start to get a little old. However, give it time, and if Coach Pope is successful, this junk will fade into the background.

Reactions: Girthang
Pro tip, you dont have to read threads you aren’t interested in
But sometime they degenerate a page or two in and the Cal lovers just keep going. He was basically saying in a nice way, let’s move on from the Cal talk. He is gone, done, and was more than awful the last 5 years so let’s move on and leave him behind. Go to the Arkansas board if you want to discuss Cal. Does that help you slower, non boomers?

• Love
Reactions: BC_Wader and KFuqua
We’re here to discuss anything and everything about college basketball. You’ll have adapt to how the discussion flows. Not sure how you think all of us will adapt to the things you don’t want discussed.
You're correct in your statement.
Problem is we all (for the most part) have a tendency to think our thoughts are other's, or most other's thoughts too.
Hence " Everybody sees what I see, or thinks like me".
But it makes this board what it is.
JMO

I know. Is it possible to block keywords? That would be lovely.

The sad part is Cal & UK was (and should have continued to be) a match made in heaven. We loved his Charisma, his recruiting, being big enough for the job. He just stopped caring. We held up our end of the bargain. Paid him great, cheered for him as long as possible. He just wouldn’t adjust, wouldn’t grow as a X & O’s guy. Wouldn’t coach with the changing times. It ended badly and it’s all his fault.

Nothing else can be said. It could have been way different. A great decade and some very tough latter years. If he would have played his cards right, he’d have been a god.

I am not asking to be able dictate what people talk about and I apologize it came across that way. I would imagine however that there are more than a handful of long time followers that feel like I do.
I don't care at all about what Cal does at Arkansas or our former players and recruits who go along with him or transfer to other places. Will I notice them during the season, of course, but I don't care to go on and on about them on here. Rather pay attention to those who are now playing for us and our current coaching staff. But, there are those who will continue to go on about former players and those who will continue to make remarks about Cal. I'll just choose to read or ignore those types of posts as I choose. Not going to get all worked up about those who want to still carry on about all those guys. But, I do see your point, clevenger32.

But sometime they degenerate a page or two in and the Cal lovers just keep going. He was basically saying in a nice way, let’s move on from the Cal talk. He is gone, done, and was more than awful the last 5 years so let’s move on and leave him behind. Go to the Arkansas board if you want to discuss Cal. Does that help you slower, non boomers?
Comprehension? What's that?

Maybe just scroll on by and stop telling other people what to talk about....? The glory of message boards is that you don't have to read every post. You CHOOSE that which affects you, so if you "couldn't give a flip" then stop reading the threads that trigger you. It's pretty simple.

It's advice I've had to take as well. Posting in the threads just brings it back up to the top as well. Which I also need to stop doing. Encourage what you want to see more of by posting in those threads. Don't post in the threads you don't want to see.

• Sad
Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT