ADVERTISEMENT

When Arkansas Comes To Town

Will you relish and cheer every Wagner left-handed layup miss, every inbounds pass defensive-breakdown by Big Z, every Thiero (whatever Theiro does poorly 🤔) etc.? Will you have extra enjoyment on the former players’ mistakes? These questions are directed towards mostly those that will attend the game.
This is sports, not modern politics. Be FOR somebody. Not just against somebody else.
I root for my teams.

Article I read breaking down AR players at each position since Brazile returned makes you think we have no chance when we play them. Raved about Aidoo, Brazile and Big Z as the bigs. Talked like Wagner would start at the one and Fland could come in for him and make a few shots. Mentioned Davis being all everything even though he backed out of draft. Said that Knox is a three level guy?

• Haha
Reactions: TTTblue24
Article I read breaking down AR players at each position since Brazile returned makes you think we have no chance when we play them. Raved about Aidoo, Brazile and Big Z as the bigs. Talked like Wagner would start at the one and Fland could come in for him and make a few shots. Mentioned Davis being all everything even though he backed out of draft. Said that Knox is a three level guy?
With the way Cal makes adjustments, I'd say we will be able to run the pick and roll off of pistol action all game long. Cal also doesn't have his guys play off-ball screening action very effectively. I don't yet know for sure how our team will play together, but am thinking that the team gels and we beat Arkansas soundly at home.

It’s always cool bringing somebody “home”, we did the same thing with Mike Anderson. It didn’t work out but his best years were behind him and he got lazy on the recruiting trail. Hopefully you guys get a better outcome.
You just hired the next Mike Anderson.

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I'm not interested in booing our former players. Unfortunately they decided to leave and pursue either money or Cal's sales-pitch, but I want to beat the living crap out of Ark next season...like 20+ points. Simply because it would give this "story" a full-circle ending; meaning all the media, critics, and talking heads can set back and say..."ok, maybe UK and their fans had a very good reason to want Cal out of the coaches box."

Yes, I know most won't see it that way, but I can still dream can't I?

Hold nothing against the 3 that left, in fact Z and Theiro I really wanted back, still don’t understand their decision but is what it is. They were cheered last year but will be opponents this year and receive the same treatment other opponents do. We have a new team and a new leader in pope (thankfully). Cal will most likely receive a rude welcoming and hopefully pope and the cats can lay it on them. Might be the most anticipated home game since Kansas came to Rupp the year after the 150-95 drubbing.

Will you relish and cheer every Wagner left-handed layup miss, every inbounds pass defensive-breakdown by Big Z, every Thiero (whatever Theiro does poorly 🤔) etc.? Will you have extra enjoyment on the former players’ mistakes? These questions are directed towards mostly those that will attend the game.
No, I won't relish in players misfortunes. I want UK to win, but those things may not happen. Al McGuire once said, the best thing about freshman are, they become sophomore's. I expect Arkansas will be a hard game to win,I cheer for them to win, not the failure of any particular players
Will you relish and cheer every Wagner left-handed layup miss, every inbounds pass defensive-breakdown by Big Z, every Thiero (whatever Theiro does poorly 🤔) etc.? Will you have extra enjoyment on the former players’ mistakes? These questions are directed towards mostly those that will attend t

Wonder if the phantom “injuries” come to play at arky like they did here? I won’t be surprised if 1-2 of our former players sit out this game, plus we know what all 3 can and can’t do but Rupp will be crazy and those guys have never seen it this way.

Reactions: CASblue
My post was for me, had nothing to do with the thread topic. I am having some extremely difficulty times, my family is suffering, and I am seeking knowledge and peace from God. I needed a space to vent, and just happened to choose this thread.

I have never trashed you. I called you out. Different. Either way, go about your day. Thanks.
Y’all are two of the biggest hate filled pieces of trash on this board. Stop fighting each other, you lowlifes need to stick together.

My post was for me, had nothing to do with the thread topic. I am having some extremely difficulty times, my family is suffering, I needed a space to vent, and just happened to choose this thread.

“ i’M GoiNg thRougH tOugh timeS”; thumbs nose at karma and throws salt into the universe.

smh-yea-okay.gif

Who is coaching Arkansas now, nimrod? Who is playing there? Accurately remembering those occasions that Cal talked down to the fanbase when anyone questioned him isn't narcissim. The fact that Cal also was working behind the scenes in February to create an exit strategy, when plenty was still on the line for our team, isn't narcissim. I don't like the man for what he put our program through the last half decade.

It would be karma for Cal, in his hubris, to lose to Mark Pope in Rupp Arena.

That isn't narcissim. That's a UK fan who wants to get back to the business of Kentucky Basketball. Whatever your own personal agenda is, it isn't being a UK fan.
If Cal can lose to Walter McCarty and Evansville in Rupp, he can lose to Mark Pope and Kentucky.

If they come in here and beat us, it's not gonna be a good day for Pope or UK in the media. We're gonna get crucified in the press. Especially the fans.
If they come in here and get a W, it is a loss. No more no less. Press will be press even if we win. Say we win by 1 on a last second free throw (foul could have gone either way). They will still do what they do to UK nationally. Does not matter. If we win by 100 and then lose the next game it will be UK played way above their station. Again National media hates us like they hate the Yankees. They love the Dodgers / UCONN / DUKE but do not like KENTUCKY. That lowly state should not have a sports team let alone win a game. Who cares.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Karma? For what?

The fact you think that just means you’re a complete narcissist. No one at Arkansas had said anything bad about UK including their coach.

Some of you are so afflicted with CDS I swear you’d rather Arkansas lose than Kentucky win. It’s been a sight to behold.
What is CDS?

Who is coaching Arkansas now, nimrod? Who is playing there? Accurately remembering those occasions that Cal talked down to the fanbase when anyone questioned him isn't narcissim. The fact that Cal also was working behind the scenes in February to create an exit strategy, when plenty was still on the line for our team, isn't narcissim. I don't like the man for what he put our program through the last half decade.

It would be karma for Cal, in his hubris, to lose to Mark Pope in Rupp Arena.

That isn't narcissim. That's a UK fan who wants to get back to the business of Kentucky Basketball. Whatever your own personal agenda is, it isn't being a UK fan.
So let me get this straight, MOST every fan trashed Cal and was begging him to leave, but when he did, you are pissed ? I am the opposite, I wished he would have started looking sooner, that way we would have had more time to fix the problems he left behind. Some of you are really taking Cal leaving way to hard. He is gone, why continue the hate, you got what you wanted, be happy. Or can you be ? If he stayed, you would bitch, he left, you still bitch ????? LET IT GO !!

Didn't almost every one of our transfers back out of the draft? I do not think you can use that as a measuring stick.

Bottom line is this, it will all come down to who ever puts the little orange ball thru the nets the most. Teams can and do have off nights. IF Arkansas come in here and wins, it doesn't make their team or coach better than UK's, it just means for that night, they hit more shots, same for if UK wins. It is one game, not a lifetime deciding moment. If Arkansas wins does it make Arkansas a better team than UK, no. Same for if UK beats Arkansas. In a way, I wish in the tournament, teams could play the best out of 3, that would give you a real idea of who the better team is. I love March Madness, it is the greatest post season even in sports, but the BEST team doesn't always win. They was just not the best team on a given night. Could you imagine if the NBA playoffs was a one and done set up ? Who would be playing for the championship right now ? The Mavericks wouldn't be.

So let me get this straight, MOST every fan trashed Cal and was begging him to leave, but when he did, you are pissed ? I am the opposite, I wished he would have started looking sooner, that way we would have had more time to fix the problems he left behind. Some of you are really taking Cal leaving way to hard. He is gone, why continue the hate, you got what you wanted, be happy. Or can you be ? If he stayed, you would bitch, he left, you still bitch ????? LET IT GO !!
The nuance is probably lost on you, but I was ecstatic that Cal left. I also don't hate Cal as a person. I, however, was not ecstatic when the details came out about him approaching OSU and other schools starting in February. I don't like what he did with our program, how he treated the fans, and dislike what he stands for as a coach. Good luck to Arkansas fans, as they will be looking back at many of these sentiments in retrospect.

Coach Pope is a breath of fresh air for the program, and I've got high hopes for the future with him as head coach.

Maybe so, but he is no longer here, I do not like being a toxic person, thus I will not let him control my emotions. IDGAF where he coaches, or how many games he wins, he is no longer coach at UK, simple as that. Day in and day out, there are threads about Cal, why ? He is gone, we do not have to worry about any of his BS anymore. That is something to be joyful about, not angry and pissed off every day. He will just not occupy any of my thoughts or emotions now that he is no longer coach here. When he was, yes I was very angry, but not the case now. He is just another college teams coach. Do I want to beat Arkansas ? Hell yes, even more so than normal, but I will not spend wasted time trashing Cal.

Maybe so, but he is no longer here, I do not like being a toxic person, thus I will not let him control my emotions. IDGAF where he coaches, or how many games he wins, he is no longer coach at UK, simple as that. Day in and day out, there are threads about Cal, why ? He is gone, we do not have to worry about any of his BS anymore. That is something to be joyful about, not angry and pissed off every day. He will just not occupy any of my thoughts or emotions now that he is no longer coach here. When he was, yes I was very angry, but not the case now. He is just another college teams coach. Do I want to beat Arkansas ? Hell yes, even more so than normal, but I will not spend wasted time trashing Cal.
Your response reads like an insincere narrative. Words/phrases like "toxic person" and "let him control my emotions" are a narrative you've been selling for a while. None of those things are accurate, and you've earned the first spot on my ignore list because of it.

Didn't almost every one of our transfers back out of the draft? I do not think you can use that as a measuring stick.
The article literally said that the ONLY thing their team is missing is a big strong bad man at the rim. I just don't get the raving all the time about their transfers and roster. We have SEVEN 4/5 year players that are proven good. We have two sophomores that played great their first year. We have three great freshmen with high IQ and strong fundamentals.

With AR you have 2 or 3 good experienced players, one no doubt good freshman in Fland and then a bunch of doubt with all the others. You have a coach that is not flexible and has a different identity with his teams from year to year, according to what is best for his 5 stars.

Reactions: KFuqua
They probably don’t have as many pathetic fans who claim every injury is a phantom injury. Myhe question is will trash like you continue to question player’s integrity now that you don’t have an anti UK agenda.

Ask one of the these pathetic losers specifics about their claims and watch how fast these cowards change the subject and not answer.

Who were these players with phantom injuries and what really happened since you know?
When players are jumping off the bench to cheer and jump around hyped up, then yeah I’ll question how injured they are. So once again if you don’t like what someone has to say……then don’t reply or get your panties in a wad princess. All these holier than though posters, it’s message board beavis…..we all don’t and won’t think alike.

Lol, your 1st post…..gtfoh whiner.

Day in and day out, there are threads about Cal, why ?
My thoughts as to "why" they're are so many new Cal threads is that he is the latest coach to leave UK, we have no new games, highlights, lowlights, and/or whole season(s) to reference in regard to our new coach. It's the dreaded down-time between seasons where the board simply has nothing new to discuss except recruits, or in this case, the departure of our former coach that went to another university in our conference.

Truthfully, I'd say most Cal-threads are people that want to stir the pot. Myself, I have no desire to start a Cal-thread, but seeing who he recruits, and how he'll miss-manage them is intriguing to me. Will he have similar results as he did here? Or will he "man up" and put together game plans (*ahem* actually coach), win the big games that he should have been winning while at UK, and/or go more than 1 game in the SEC/NCAA tournaments? Only time will tell...

I do agree with you that Cal should have looked/left years ago, especially before the stupid lifetime contract, but at that time we were only on the backside of the apex of Cal's career here.

Reactions: CatsDomain
When players are jumping off the bench to cheer and jump around hyped up, then yeah I’ll question how injured they are. So once again if you don’t like what someone has to say……then don’t reply or get your panties in a wad princess. All these holier than though posters, it’s message board beavis…..we all don’t and won’t think alike.

Lol, your 1st post…..gtfoh whiner.
Don’t feed the daily, pathetic, no life troll. Mods must be asleep at the wheel today.

Your response reads like an insincere narrative. Words/phrases like "toxic person" and "let him control my emotions" are a narrative you've been selling for a while. None of those things are accurate, and you've earned the first spot on my ignore list because of it.
Thank goodness. Now I do not have to worry about you being so emotional over a coach who is no longer here or affects any thing UK related. If I was so childish or weak minded and couldn't keep from getting so upset over a message board post, I would put you on ignore like a little child, but I will never put posters on ignore. I may skip over their post or not read it all, but not on ignore. LOL, "insincere". What is ironic, your post further proves my point of getting too emotional. I hope you get to read this one last post before putting me on ignore. Ha ha, winning.

I feel bad for the coaches that want to come here and then it doesn't work out. I felt bad for Billy G to a degree. I never wanna root against a coach coming here and trying to win.

This is also the first time we're being led by a former player as HC. Just want him to do well here.
Actually, Joe Hall was a former Wildcat player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT