ADVERTISEMENT

When Arkansas Comes To Town

Random UK Fan

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2018
Will you relish and cheer every Wagner left-handed layup miss, every inbounds pass defensive-breakdown by Big Z, every Thiero (whatever Theiro does poorly 🤔) etc.? Will you have extra enjoyment on the former players’ mistakes? These questions are directed towards mostly those that will attend the game.

Will you relish and cheer every Wagner left-handed layup miss, every inbounds pass defensive-breakdown by Big Z, every Thiero (whatever Theiro does poorly 🤔) etc.? Will you have extra enjoyment on the former players’ mistakes? These questions are directed towards mostly those that will attend the game.
No I won’t do any of that. I am a UK fan since 1962, a UK grad, and I am only interested in UK, its players, an UK winning. I respect every opponent but beyond that could care less about whoever the opponent.

Edit: clarifying comment

I think OP is trolling us about cheering for former players to fail. They aren't our players any more, and good luck to them.

That being said, when they play us I want to beat the whole crew badly enough that they have nightmares about ever playing in Rupp again. It is time for a Cal sized colonic, and running their rear ends out of our gym with a blowout is just the medicine to do it.

I don't want anyone hurt, I don't want their careers to tank, but a clean basketball blowout would be karma for Cal.

Last edited:
My man, 3 of your last 4 threads you’ve started are about Arkansas and the majority of your posts in your recent history are Arkansas related. You need therapy.

I’m not here frequently so I don’t remember from visit to visit.

I find it intriguing that you keep up better with my posts than I do. I’ll try to spread it out a bit for those with higher expectations.

I’m not here frequently so I don’t remember from visit to visit.

I find it intriguing that you keep up better with my posts than I do. I’ll try to spread it out a bit for those with higher expectations.
Not much intriguing about it, slow time and your avatar and Ark infatuation made it a pretty simple and obvious observation. Carry on.

I want to beat the whole crew badly enough that they have nightmares about ever playing in Rupp again. It is time for a Cal sized colonic, and running their rear ends out of our gym with a blowout is just the medicine to do it.

I don't want anyone hurt, I don't want their careers to tank, but a clean basketball blowout would be karma.

Karma? For what?

The fact you think that just means you’re a complete narcissist. No one at Arkansas had said anything bad about UK including their coach.

Some of you are so afflicted with CDS I swear you’d rather Arkansas lose than Kentucky win. It’s been a sight to behold.

God give me the strength to be the bigger person. Give me the wisdom to know that I am not as awful as someone may insist. Give me the fortitude to swallow my own insight and to know that it’s not intentional, but only inner chaos driving the behavior. God give me peace.
You've trashed other posters here, including me. Maybe re-read the definition of peace.

If they come in here and beat us, it's not gonna be a good day for Pope or UK in the media. We're gonna get crucified in the press. Especially the fans.

If they come in here and beat us, it's not gonna be a good day for Pope or UK in the media. We're gonna get crucified in the press. Especially the fans.
Banners aren’t hung by the media or fans, it’s a long season. That’s why they play the game, and when we win? Then what?

Reactions: BBUK
Karma? For what?

The fact you think that just means you’re a complete narcissist. No one at Arkansas had said anything bad about UK including their coach.

Some of you are so afflicted with CDS I swear you’d rather Arkansas lose than Kentucky win. It’s been a sight to behold.
Who is coaching Arkansas now, nimrod? Who is playing there? Accurately remembering those occasions that Cal talked down to the fanbase when anyone questioned him isn't narcissim. The fact that Cal also was working behind the scenes in February to create an exit strategy, when plenty was still on the line for our team, isn't narcissim. I don't like the man for what he put our program through the last half decade.

It would be karma for Cal, in his hubris, to lose to Mark Pope in Rupp Arena.

That isn't narcissim. That's a UK fan who wants to get back to the business of Kentucky Basketball. Whatever your own personal agenda is, it isn't being a UK fan.

God give me the strength to be the bigger person. Give me the wisdom to know that I am not as awful as someone may insist. Give me the fortitude to swallow my own insight and to know that it’s not intentional, but only inner chaos driving the behavior. God give me peace.

8776a7e9d6c1d2165e1b3221247e347a.png

If that happens I don't think Pope will be crucified unless he has had several other losses. Arkansas will have a good team.

If that happens I don't think Pope will be crucified unless he has had several other losses. Arkansas will have a good team.
Nah, I don't think Pope will per se. But the program as a whole will catch so much crap from other fan bases and the media.

Nah, I don't think Pope will per se. But the program as a whole will catch so much crap from other fan bases and the media.
You have a vocal minority of really nasty/rude people, that invite that kind of blow back with how they treat people. It’s not my style, but there will be some for sure, it’s part of the deal I guess.

Reactions: bbncal02
You have a vocal minority of really nasty/rude people, that invite that kind of blow back with how they treat people. It’s not my style, but there will be some for sure, it’s part of the deal I guess.
And we also have plenty of mealy mouthed opposing fans who invariably stop by to downplay any good news, pay us back-handed compliments, and low-key troll the board to oblivion, but who is keeping score?

Reactions: flacat22
No ill will towards the players. I hope them the best ... BUT I want to win. So as long as we score more points than them, so be it.

And I don't really hate/dislike Cal ... just tired of what he did the last 5 years. But beating him a few times will help take care of that :)

And we also have plenty of mealy mouthed opposing fans who invariably stop by to downplay any good news, pay us back-handed compliments, and low-key troll the board to oblivion, but who is keeping score?
As I was saying…🤷🏻‍♂️

It's gonna be more the loud ass Arky fans and the national media going "Did UK screw up? Post Cal depression?"

I'm perfectly fine with Pope. I just don't want to see a dogpile session in his first year.

Reactions: Fox2monk
As I was saying…🤷🏻‍♂️
Let's see you in yet another thread telling us how certain players won't have that much of an impact. Yeah, I guess we can cross that bridge again when we come to it.

It's gonna be more the loud ass Arky fans and the national media going "Did UK screw up? Post Cal depression?"

I'm perfectly fine with Pope. I just don't want to see a dogpile session in his first year.
It’s hard to not like Coach Pope, he seems like a stand up dude. I hope he does well.

Reactions: bbncal02
Let's see you in yet another thread telling us how certain players won't have that much of an impact. Yeah, I guess we can cross that bridge again when we come to it.
I know right, the horror of having basketball discussions on a basketball board. I retract the honest assessment of someone I’m very familiar with, I’ve watched play in person at least 20 times, and have met on several occasions. He’s right up there with AD and Dan Issell, no reason he can’t be National POY, matter of fact he’s probably the early favorite. There, now we can be stop with childish stuff, and move forward. You win, you’re right, I’m wrong. My sincerest apologies.

It’s hard to not like Coach Pope, he seems like a stand up dude. I hope he does well.
I feel bad for the coaches that want to come here and then it doesn't work out. I felt bad for Billy G to a degree. I never wanna root against a coach coming here and trying to win.

This is also the first time we're being led by a former player as HC. Just want him to do well here.

I feel bad for the coaches that want to come here and then it doesn't work out. I felt bad for Billy G to a degree. I never wanna root against a coach coming here and trying to win.

This is also the first time we're being led by a former player as HC. Just want him to do well here.
It’s always cool bringing somebody “home”, we did the same thing with Mike Anderson. It didn’t work out but his best years were behind him and he got lazy on the recruiting trail. Hopefully you guys get a better outcome.

Damn well said. The one thing it took me a lifetime to learn was nobody is really who they are in their worst moments or in their worst decisions of the moment. And damn glad I’m not judged that way either.

But an 18 year old deciding to relocate where he plays a game in the timeof life he only gets to live out once, doesn’t come close to anything that should be taken serious enough to hate or wish I’ll of them.

Love on them while we beat the stew out of them at the same time. And I can extend that to Cal too, even though he does try real hard to push my buttons.

That is solid. That fortitude part was the hook.
GBB

Reactions: MonsterMash79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT