ADVERTISEMENT

Wheeler was 70-75% healthy today

Lionel_Hutz

Junior
Apr 4, 2011
That wasn't the case on Friday, as coach John Calipari opted to hold the veteran dimer out, as he was only around "70-75 percent" healthy. It was the 10th game in a row that Wheeler has missed, due to an ankle injury, but more recently a "minor procedure" that was underwent on March 1.

Kinda begs the question…why in the f*ck didn’t he play today? And why is no one in the media grilling Calipari on this issue?

Last edited:
If he have been 78% maybe he’d have played. Not sure what is considered playing through injury or pain at this point.

That wasn't the case on Friday, as coach John Calipari opted to hold the veteran dimer out, as he was only around "70-75 percent" healthy. It was the 10th game in a row that Wheeler has missed, due to an ankle injury, but more recently a "minor procedure" that was underwent on March 1.

Kinda begs the question…why in the f*ck didn’t he play today? And why is no one in the media grilling Calipari on this issue?
What kind of player doesn't want to play in the NCAA tournament? The minor procedure Wheeler had done was that Wallace took his minutes and he was butthurt.

Why in the hell did he not recruit a real PG to backup Wallace? We all knew Wheeler is garbage and one injury away from being SOL. Well, he were are. Thanks Cal for once again piss poor roster construction with unused scholarships. Shit Ass JOKE!!!!!!
In all fairness he did but he decommited and went to Illinois.

Ha! Cal wasn't even 70% today

Reactions: delk4three

when you get leftovers from UGA at UK.....something is wrong.

One positive on the year. Wheeler is out of here!
race camel GIF

No excuses, transfer portal wide open and shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket. He failed here and needs to own up to it. Freaking Marcus Carr should be here and spent 2 years at Texas.
We are talking about Cal who thought Askew was good enough to play at UK or that Green kid that transferred to Washington. I’m sure he would have brought in a real star. I’m beginning to think that Cal can’t evaluate talent at all, like none. He just goes by what others tell him and rolls with it. Add this to the growing list of things Cal sucks at.

Wheeler
Sharpe
Hagans
Whitney
Fletcher
Green

Those guys quitting on their respective teams in the course of the season has been fascinating stuff.
That and Crapapari's defense of the said malcontents which often comes at Kentucky's expense. But no surprise there, seeing how CCC doesn't give a damn about Kentucky in any way, shape or form, De'Aaron Fox literally told us Cow can't be bothered with the results of college basketball games. DeMarcus Cousins told us he loved the experience and wanted another crack at the title but Cow tore his scholarship up and forced him to declare. Are those the actions of a man who cares about UK?

Why in the hell did he not recruit a real PG to backup Wallace? We all knew Wheeler is garbage and one injury away from being SOL. Well, he were are. Thanks Cal for once again piss poor roster construction with unused scholarships. Shit Ass JOKE!!!!!!
Because so many quality players want to go to a place where they would be the third string backup. People become dumber by the minute on here.

Unfortunately I don't think Wheeler at 75% helps us. I think he needs to be damn near 100%, if not his greatest quality becomes rendered usless (speed)... and at this point, I'd rather just play Cason.

Because so many quality players want to go to a place where they would be the third string backup. People become dumber by the minute on here.
That's rich considering the source. What an idiot. In no way would someone like Carr be a 3rd string player at UK averaging 16 PPG. We don't even have quality 2nd string backups on this team. Try again!

Reactions: CB3UK and Jont0805
THIS! Hey everyone, Wheeler quit, 100%! Cal was most definitely covering for him. Someone in his “camp” made him shut it down. It’s obvious.
Why TF would he have a camp? What’s his potential for real? They want NIL cut? Must be real easy to have a posse these days.

THIS! Hey everyone, Wheeler quit, 100%! Cal was most definitely covering for him. Someone in his “camp” made him shut it down. It’s obvious.
Why TF would he have a camp? What’s his potential for real? They want NIL cut? Must be real easy to have a posse these days.
One positive on the year. Wheeler is out of here!
race camel GIF
That little bastard is floating, look at those little half legs moving.

It can be done. Tubby used to recruit guys like Patrick Sparks who would run through a wall for Kentucky. Those guys would gladly accept any role just to put on that UK jersey. Meanwhile, Cow went from Wall and Fox to PGs such as Devin Asschew and Suckir Wheeler. If you don't see a problem there, I don't know what to tell you

Reactions: Girthang
If Wheeler did quit, then its not going to be kept a secret, too many people would know at this point.

Personally I don't think he did. I don't know what is going on with him but I can't find any logic behind him shutting it down even at 10-15 minutes a game.

I can find alot of fault in the kid, but my complaint about him is he is too much of a competitor, not enough of one.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now Cal, well, he'll just lie because he can. Its second nature to him, he considers his ability to do it a professional skill

Reactions: dean_oliver222
It can be done. Tubby used to recruit guys like Patrick Sparks who would run through a wall for Kentucky. Those guys would gladly accept any role just to put on that UK jersey. Meanwhile, Cow went from Wall and Fox to PGs such as Devin Asschew and Suckir Wheeler. If you don't see a problem there, I don't know what to tell you
He's a Cal Boy, that's his problem

Reactions: CROCAT
Wheeler
Sharpe
Hagans
Whitney
Fletcher
Green

Those guys quitting on their respective teams in the course of the season has been fascinating stuff.
Remember, Dante Allen had a chance to go into a fame for garbage minutes and he refused

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'll never not think he quit. Him getting some mystery non sports related minor procedure done on sr night is all the proof I need. I don't even believe that really happened
To me it will forever be Tubby > Cow based on program culture alone.
We used to have Chuck Hayes crying on senior night, you think that guy wouldn't pay through any pain to represent UK? Under Cow we have Wheelers and Sharpes who can't even pretend they care

To me it will forever be Tubby > Cow based on program culture alone.
We used to have Chuck Hayes crying on senior night, you think that guy wouldn't pay through any pain to represent UK? Under Cow we have Wheelers and Sharpes who can't even pretend they care

Not that long ago fox and bam were crying uncontrollably. Oscar was definitely invested. I think the rest of it is just today's major college basketball in a nutshell

Reactions: Fox2monk and CROCAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT