ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever happens tonight...

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
...I will still have absolutely no doubt:

1. PJ wanted to play, and is more frustrated with being hurt than any of us.
2. He hurt his foot in the Tennessee game trying to help Kentucky win.
3. John Calipari did the right thing for the University of Kentucky basketball program and for PJ -- whatever that turned out to be..
4. There was no phony conspiracy to protect his draft stock or NBA viability.
5. I'd want my son looked after by a team of committed, concerned people like those running Kentucky basketball.

I'm saying this now, having no idea how it will play out, but confident the people closest to the situation will do the right thing.

3. John Calipari did the right thing for the University of Kentucky basketball program and for PJ -- whatever that turned out to be..
5. I'd want my son looked after by a team of committed, concerned people like those running Kentucky basketball.

I'm saying this now, having no idea how it will play out, but confident the people closest to the situation will do the right thing.
Agree but there’s always a segment that will find a negative or even a conspiracy, sadly.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
If Washington gets to play, he won’t be 100%. He might not even be as effective as Montgomery nor Richards. It is time for one of them to have a Marcus Lee (vs Michigan) type game tonight. My guess is that Washington won’t start and Cal will use him in spot situations or even hold off from playing him if things go well. If he starts: “Look out Houston!”

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

A few things in response:
1. I doubt PJ is more frustrated than everyone else. My poor 80-year-old pop is so upset, he can't eat. Something about the basketball gods conspiring against us again.
2. I hate it but I'm a cynic by nature. Given that, something tells me this injury did not occur on the last play of the Tennessee game.
3. Yes, Cal is probably doing the right thing by not playing PJ. But Cal invites occasional doubt and frustration because of his constant espousal of being a players-first program, not a UK-first program.
4. Yes, I believe there was no conspiracy involving draft status.
5. Yeah, I'd love for my son to be cared for by concerned people. But, I'd also expect my son to play if at all possible. And if not, I want him to look really SAD while sitting on the bench. Maybe even shed a tear from time to time.

I dont know how true it is but i heard he actually hurt it in the lock room after the game kicking something

When the final horn sounds I’ll let ya know if your post is spot on or full of shit.

Have to wait til then.

I agree with all of these, except I don't know about number 2.

But I also don't really care about number 2.

If he hurt his foot kicking something because he was mad for losing, then he's no different from the fans. I love that PJ cares.

And if I were PJ's coach, I'd lie about that, too, to keep the .1% crazy nutjobs from going after PJ on twitter even though the type of dude that writes players has probably destroyed multiple remotes.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone

GP

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
When the final horn sounds I’ll let ya know if your post is spot on or full of shit.

Have to wait til then.
That's why I posted it now. If you believe in Cal, PJ and the overall integrity of the program, then win or lose, play or not play, you'll still believe the things in the OP.

If you are going to change your mind based on the game's outcome, you are just waiting to see if you need a scapegoat because things didn't work out the way you wanted. To me, that's weak.

That's why I posted it now. If you believe in Cal, PJ and the overall integrity of the program, then win or lose, play or not play, you'll still believe the things in the OP.

If you are going to change your mind based on the game's outcome, you are just waiting to see if you need a scapegoat because things didn't work out the way you wanted. To me, that's weak.
QFT

Good post OP.

I just hope we win tonight after this week’s circus.

If PJ doesn’t play and we lose, if PJ plays poorly and we lose or if PJ plays well and we lose the gnashing of teeth, screeching, and crying from the conspiracy crowd will be unbearable here and on social media.

PJ is playing but he wont play more then 20 minutes and I expect him to go for around 14 pts 6 rebs and a few dimes as well He wont start but he will play the last 5 minutes unless he in foul trouble . On Sunday I think he playing m,ore like 25 minutes and goes for something like 20 /10 .

If you have paid attention to Cal and PJ you know there is very little to worry about here . The media is trying to built drama but both Cal and PJ know whats up and are swaggy for a reason.

Reactions: dcw62

DATS CALLED BEIN A MAN!!!!!

If PJ Did injury his foot during the Tennessee game in the SEC Tourney and he cant play and we take an early loss that we shouldnt have it will be interesting to see everyone's reaction going forward to the SEC Tourney. I know Cal is not big on the Tourney but wonder if the Fans opinions will change on playing your best players during the tourney? Playing in it doesnt really help your seed much so why take that chance? The NCAA Tourney is the one we want to focus on and be fully healthy for.

I have enjoyed watching this team,they are better than last year's team.I think we will win this one tonight but our guards will have to be mentally and physically tougher than they have most of the time this year.(Probably about 5% tougher)

When is the last time the sec tournament helped us in seeding or anything NCAA related? It appears that more bad than good comes of it for UK. Having the sec tournament trophy is the only benefit to the program.

The selection committee talks about Michigan state and others helped themselves by winning their conference tournament (which is on a Sunday). But when UK wins it doesn’t factor in because they say it’s played on Sunday.

Comparing Vanderbilt and PJ isn't fair for me to do but last year's situation does have me prone to question player injuries if they seem anything less than transparent. I believe in Cal and the program, no doubt, but the cynic in me doesn't have the same trust for parents worried about their investment. I'm not even saying I blame anyone and I certainly don't have any info. Just find it a little harder to be trusting than you do.

I agree with all of the above and this should be compare to Kryaiherinhdspojufoire's handling of Giles at dUKe to every major prospect going forward.

Ideally, I would LOVE to see PJ play as many minutes as he could physically GO, but I don't want him to hurt his future if something is hurting him to play. I just want no injuries further for PJ, he is a remarkable player. Have tons of respect for him and his family, wishing him the best possible game for him, as well as all of BBN.

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: MegaBlue05

I have had children that were elite athletes in theirs sport and I have a niece that is a D1 athlete right now. People forget how involved the parents are in sport at that age. They are right with them at the doctor, they talk to the doc and ask a lot of questions. They talk to the coaches and the coaches talk to them. A LOT of the decisions in college come from the parents or from advice from Mom and Dad. We look at these giants like they are grown men. Most of them are freshman or sophomores. My daughter is a freshman in college, and I have had two graduated. The freshman has one half of year living outside the house! They aren’t making giant decisions without Mom and Dada right now, so we shouldn’t put so much on PJ. He is probably just the pain meter. Does it hurt? How much? (everyone else decide...) JMO

PJ is playing but he wont play more then 20 minutes and I expect him to go for around 14 pts 6 rebs and a few dimes as well He wont start but he will play the last 5 minutes unless he in foul trouble . On Sunday I think he playing m,ore like 25 minutes and goes for something like 20 /10 .

If you have paid attention to Cal and PJ you know there is very little to worry about here . The media is trying to built drama but both Cal and PJ know whats up and are swaggy for a reason.

Yep, I’m aware you haven’t been the slightest bit worried about this from the beginning. Nothing worries you. You won’t even be worried if we lose tonight. All part of the plan!

Well, if you lose tonight then all Tennessee fans will say you were no better than them. So, if you don't want that then you better win.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Not playing the tournament because of fear of injury does not hold water. If they where not playing, they would be practicing. More injuries have happened in practice than games. Injuries are part of the game, just have to deal with them. Unfortunately, UK has had more than their fair share lately.

Mostly agree. I still think if PJ wasn't a 1st round draft pick and was destined for Europe, we wouldn't be talking about whether or not he is playing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT