ADVERTISEMENT

What will we be ranked?

Kansas HAS to drop out of the top 10, they lost twice this week.

Honestly, there's no reason UK shouldn't be ahead, with us winning twice, and them losing twice.

Reactions: westerncat
6-5 their last 11 games, if they are still a top 10 team it's pure brand bias.

I really don't think they can be, unless the teams behind them had bad weeks (which I haven't looked at really).

They have to drop to like 12th at best, but it really should be, and could be, more like 14th or 15th.

Reactions: UKortho
I'm going to say #13... feel like most experts think we're a solid 4-seed with potential to move up to a 3-seed. I know the AP poll isn't the end all be all... but the optics do help when seeding is involved. Would obviously love to see us beat Vandy and win a big one at Tennessee. Think that would put us on the three-seed line going into conference tournament week. But the Vandy game is a must.

Also, how the hell are we still the first 5-seed in Brackets, many of which were updated yesterday according to the Bracket Matrix?

Also, how the hell are we still the first 5-seed in Brackets, many of which were updated yesterday according to the Bracket Matrix?
Saw that. Too me, that’s ridiculous. We are a solid 4 and should be near the top of that seed line.

If the polls really are subjective, then I think UK does move up a couple of spots at least

mainly because there is finally momentum behind them, you can't be putting up NBA scores at this point in the season and not considered a title contender.

yes, no one really believes until the defense shows up that UK won't stumble in a 6 game stretch but there are only 3 teams that people feel like are locked in. I think that will be reflected in the polls.

It's a good thing we played a 2nd game in this span, then. Lol.

.. Which was beating Kenpom 30th MissSt at their home, which was a Quad1 win.

The thing being missed here is that even if Kentucky beat the school of the blind, they still took care of business. It's not about UK proving to move up, it's about other teams proving to move down.At this point in the year, simply not losing is enough to move you up.

17th Kansas 20.86
18th Kentucky 20.48

Game on a neutral court right now would be a pick em.

Honestly each of these teams should be hovering 4-5 seed range right now.

17th Kansas 20.86
18th Kentucky 20.48

Game on a neutral court right now would be a pick em.

Honestly each of these teams should be hovering 4-5 seed range right now.

I'd love to know what our metrics are over JUST the last 7 or 8 games, and see how that's compared to the field. The defense is obviously not great, But we're probably #1 in offense, and witht he SOS, I have to imagine we look much better.

It's march, which means even though November still counts, that's a heck of a long time ago now. And we are clearly not the same team.

It shouldn't be just about wins and losses tho. This is why the preseason human poll is usually more predicative of tournament success than the end poll. They make it worse with the constant move up/move down. Because they look at things simply based on did u win did u not win.

Reactions: CincinnatiWildcat
And AP got it wrong!

Meh. Kansas still dropped quite a bit and is essentially right where we are. I'm fine with it. And I know we are playing much better basketball then they are right now.

Reactions: Sejonesy
It shouldn't be just about wins and losses tho. This is why the preseason human poll is usually more predicative of tournament success than the end poll. They make it worse with the constant move up/move down. Because they look at things simply based on did u win did u not win.

Ok, fine. We still dropped 100 on Arkansas who is 116th in KP and got a Quad1 win earlier in the week, beating KP 30th MissSt on the road.

I don't see how that can be used against us, regardless if we played good defense or not.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Meh. Kansas still dropped quite a bit and is essentially right where we are. I'm fine with it. And I know we are playing much better basketball then they are right now.
As of February 13th we are rated 13th overall in that time based on Bartovik.

17th offense 49th defense.

I think the offense was down simply based on the Auburn, Miss and LSU games. The defense also helped by........those same games lol

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT