ADVERTISEMENT

what will recruiting look like with Flint on staff and Payne gone?

RunninRichie

All-American
Sep 5, 2019
my main concern with this hire is a recruiting drop off for example look at this

During his short tenure Indiana rose up in the recruiting ranks by bringing Romeo Langford and Trayce Jackson-Davis to Bloomington. However, Flint was not considered the primary recruiter in either of those high profile additions. The 247 Sports database only credits Flint for four signees, most notably Robert Phinesee, none of which were ranked in the top 100 nationally.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
my main concern with this hire is a recruiting drop off for example look at this

During his short tenure Indiana rose up in the recruiting ranks by bringing Romeo Langford and Trayce Jackson-Davis to Bloomington. However, Flint was not considered the primary recruiter in either of those high profile additions. The 247 Sports database only credits Flint for four signees, most notably Robert Phinesee, none of which were ranked in the top 100 nationally.
As long as Cal is the Head Coach our recruiting will be fine. Kenny Payne was not here when Cal started at UK and the recruiting was just fine.

Ask Davey koresh Kersey how recruiting will look under Flint...he has the insiders on speed dial.

You hit the nail on the head. Ostrom is the far superior recruiter. Flint is/was the guy who was supposed to bring in the east coast guys. The brand name UK might help.

Skyy clark went from telling people behind the scenes he was gonna reclass and come to UK........... to getting close to a commit and now wont reclass and word on an upcoming committment has gone silent.

coincidence or ...........?

Skyy clark went from telling people behind the scenes he was gonna reclass and come to UK........... to getting close to a commit and now wont reclass and word on an upcoming committment has gone silent.

no. Cal probably told him to wait in 22 because he’s going after Hunter Sallis (prototypical cal guard) in 2021 to pair with Hardy.

So. Name the recruits that Kenny Payne was the main recruiter please.

Mr negative is at it again.

Payne hasn't been that involved much in recruiting over the past few years. Recruits mainly mention Justus and Barbee. He'll still be hard to replace.

Think Clark family just didn't want him rushing with the craziness going on with things now. I mean you can't take campus visits, and why rush things to move up? If things change, he can still do it, but felt like it was rushed, and may have been on his mind/effecting his play, he didn't play well in that Atlanta event, and could've factored in to get him to relax and quit feeling like he's in a hurry when he has leverage of waiting. See how he performs here on out.

Kentucky will recruit well, just hard to duplicate the elite staff Cal had when he took over and then added Payne to it. When you have 3 elite guys in terms of contact/relationships, it's not reliant on the HC to do anything but close or the top Assistant to be spread thin.

As for the pump up commentary from a few UK media members--specifically KyleTucker, he listed names of guys Justus and Barbee were lead recruiter on. I can tell you behind the scenes that 5 of the players chose UK and had 0 to do with either guy. That's not a shot at them, they did their jobs/stayed in touch, but Bam Adebayo, Quickley, Richards, Maxey, and Terrence Clarke were heading to UK for various reasons. Boo Williams had most to do with helping convince Bam's mom it was good decision to get out of that deal with Adidas/NC State through Team Loaded. Clarke was done for UK last Spring, Quickley, Maxey, and Richards were UK bound when offered.

Was Flint a big man developer ? because thats one area we might really take a big dip

I just read an article that said he works mainly with bigs. He has had some really good defensive teams but seems to struggle on offense. He joined the IU staff because he likes Miller’s offense.

It will look similar to this.
20200812-182544.jpg

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
When your recruiting pitch changes from complete BS to legit...

It's fundamentally different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT