ADVERTISEMENT

What Was Impressive to me tonight is…

We played about as expected according to the spread.

We aren't 2012, 2015, or heck, even peak 2022 level yet. Missouri is not a tournament quality team, but we aren't playing at a level yet to expect to beat them by 25 points.

There are more games to play so we can improve. The 2012 team didn't morph into their ultimate dominant form until the start of February.
We need to get back to sharing the ball. Our assists were way down, Reed didn’t really shoot at all tonight. Mizzou really defended us in a way that took us out of our best strengths and we still put up 90 points. Can’t be mad at that.

…. That we did not play well and still had control of the game . The talent we have showed tonight. Missouri is a decent team.
Missouri is better than I thought they were. Of course, it helps that they couldn't miss a shot at times. They clearly played over their heads for some of the game, but they came back to earth near the end.

I'm still a bit concerned about our defense. We got that big early lead and then gave it back right away.

As for not playing very well for some of the game but still finding a way to win, I have a feeling that is the story of anyone who wins in this league. There aren't any pushovers in this conference. Every game is gonna be tough. We've got to just keep fighting our way through and find ways to win.

Missouri is NOT a good team. They will be lucky to win 5 SEC games this year. Very disappointing we gave up 77 points..the defense HAS to be better. Inexcusable with how talented our guys are.
But on the bright side we put up 90 with Reeves going 0-5 from three and Shepp having 3 points. That's pretty impressive.

Missouri is NOT a good team. They will be lucky to win 5 SEC games this year. Very disappointing we gave up 77 points..the defense HAS to be better. Inexcusable with how talented our guys are.
But on the bright side we put up 90 with Reeves going 0-5 from three and Shepp having 3 points. That's pretty impressive.
Scoring is not our issue very often. We just can’t guard a lamppost with the exception of maybe DJ.

Reactions: gharding07
…. That we did not play well and still had control of the game . The talent we have showed tonight. Missouri is a decent team.
Yep, BUT, we'd better start learning to execute better defensive fundamentals and principals in a hurry or we're going to have our asses handed to us big time. I'm concerned, less so when Thiero returns, and hopefully soon, but we are not imposing a defensive will on opponents during many possessions and like tonight, that kept them in the game. I don't care how efficient we are offensively. If we don't get better defensively, we will never be in an elite category.

Mizzou didn’t score a basket in the last 10 minutes of the game. We got lucky tonight.

We played like ass but frankly I feel like we just had Scrub In Rupp Disease again (not caring at home against a bad opponent). Could've turned it up at any moment and won regardless of what happened. I'm NOT happy about how we played - I want to see the kind of killer instinct and execution that eventual champion teams have - but we weren't losing that one.

Only had to sit up on the couch once or twice, and even then, it was a 4-5 point game and the Cats seemed in control. Call it the "I've read this script before" moment until you realize this team is built differently.

What was impressive to me was that those dad bod players for Missouri was able to hang with us. A couple of those dudes looked like they had way too many donuts.

after watching number 1 and number 2 lose to unranked teams, I'm happy enough just to win in the conference season. we didn't play great tonight but scored a ton and won. i'll take it

We need to get back to sharing the ball. Our assists were way down, Reed didn’t really shoot at all tonight. Mizzou really defended us in a way that took us out of our best strengths and we still put up 90 points. Can’t be mad at that.
This is something I've really noticed that is most concerning. We are doing a lot of ISO ball instead of moving the ball to make the defense move. We have guards that can score playing this way...but we are so much more effective offensively when we move the ball.

Gotcha
I would like to see this team be medium good on defense though..with the offense the defense doesn’t need to be outstanding
We will need a medium good defense at some point. We won't shoot like we are in every game. Eventually, we will play a team that can score when we have an off shooting night.

I thought that for most of the first half, our offense (or at least our scoring) looked awesome. And then I looked up late in the half and we had a 3-4 point lead. That doesn't bode well for long term success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT