ADVERTISEMENT

What UK loss shattered you?

"Shattered" ? I don't know about shattered, but these took several days to get over.

Texas Western
Jacksonville
UCLA

As I got older, the games fell into the "disappointing" category with none taking more than a day at most to recover from.

Well, we would have played an Indiana team we had already beaten in the semifinal game. And we certainly played Duke better than Michigan did.

A title would have been great. I think we beat In in the semi. Then who knows?

Reactions: gojvc
Wisconsin and it isn’t close.
You watched both and you still go with the Wisconsin game?
I personally never felt an emotional "sting" like I did when Lattener hit that shot.
Wisconsin, they were basically on the ropes the entire game.

I guess my top 5 are:
5.1984 G-town
4. 1975 UCLA
3. 1970 Jacksonville
2. 2015 Wisconsin
1. 1966 Texas western

#3 and #2 are a toss-up for me, 2015 we were on the verge of history and 1970 the Issel, Pratt and Casey team was one for the ages, especially with Cawood calling the games.

1966, the Runts, we will never see their like again. It is so sad that the media created racial issue cast a shadow on that team.

The years of Claude Sullivan and Cawood Ledford were so special to me. There will come a time that no one will be around who heard those 2 do UK games. Some of history will be lost when that happens. I wish I could put into words what they meant to countless kids across Kentucky on cold winter nights. It will have to suffice that I understand it now better than I did then. What a privilege it was
Claude Sullivan voice of the wildcats was a great read great history resource for the avid Kentucky fan football and basketball horse racing and the reds too

84 F4 vs G-town (3 for 33)
92 E8 vs Duke
93 F4 vs Michigan (OT, Mash foul out)
97 Final vs Arizona (OT, FTs)
15 F4 vs Wisc
17 E8 vs UNCheat
Before the season started me and my son bet $100 to win $6700 that Kentucky would go undefeated . I was at the game🤑
Double devastated that night🤬🤬

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT