ADVERTISEMENT

Football What UGA fans are saying

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Some of the more common takes from UGASports.com. Spy on your rival for access to all of it.

DonutDawg: Bring a rain slicker & some galoshes.
And prepare for a low scoring, painful game to watch.

ColaDawg21: Go in, get the win and get some guys healthy. We need to be full go in Tuscaloosa!

Leroy El Dawgo: Hate to say it but Brock was absolute garbage last weekend... I think we keep another team out of the endzone

WizDawg: He did not play well, but their O Line was really bad.

TivoliDawg: This is why I don’t want any screwing around. This team just got blown out by a different crappy team. Go up 14-0 in first quarter and they’ll quit. Win 34-6 and have backups play after half time.

Don’t mess around running into a pile and make this a fourth quarter game. IMO

DonutDawg: Our last 2 trips to Lexington have produced 16-6 & 14-3 outcomes.
We've struggled there & it almost seems like it's self-imposed as Kirby treats Stoops the same way he treats Saban.... with way too much respect & reverence & we go into turtle mode offensively.
Hopefully we just run the effing offense & destroy them like we should.

daddybootrain (on Mykel Williams): I don’t think we will absolutely HAVE to have him this week. If he doesn’t go that will be 4 weeks of rest and rehab when we get to Bama. We definitely need him for that one. If we don’t absolutely have to have him this week, sit and rest.

RecDawg27: Agree to give him time. If there’s one thing that’s going to impact his draft status it’s staying healthy. It was a problem last year as well. He needs to get back 100% do he can play out whole season. No reason to have setback pushing it.

acj3r (on UGA run defense last week): Hope this doesn’t create issues next week with Kentucky. Stoops is going to run it over and over again.

The DL didn’t set the edge well at all on that last drive.

BayouDawg: I know, I'm usually wary of this game, but we're a nightmare for their OL.

Illput: Hopefully we don’t go up there and decide to play bully ball for 4 quarters like we usually do against them. Stoops has a similar effect on Kirby that Saban had, just without any of the on the field talent to win the game.

BlackshearUGA: We play conservative up there

obc-dawg: We can play conservatively and put our talent in position to win the 1 on 1’s ….for four quarters. Dawgs will grind them down….until the stadium is quiet and empty.

dawg418: Score 35 in the first half, put the backups in, go home

Pollack47: I don't think it's similar to the Saban effect and maybe the exact outfit opposite. I think Kirby over thought things at time vs Saban. I think vs Stoops he knows they want to beat us playing our style with 1/3 the talent and Kirby knows they can't. So he just oversimplifies to ensure we don't make mistakes and gift them the game.

SanDiegoDawg1: Agreed. On the Kirby timid scale with Saban being a 10, Kirby goes 7.5 timid against Stoops for some reason.

lando1: You guys crack me up. Stoops scares our best-in-the-country head coach. Yep, Mark Stoops. The Kentucky coach. Yes, the guy whose team got rocked by South Carolina at home last week. 7.5 on the timid scale. Goodness gracious

kckd: Kirby knows he can beat Stoops at his own game. We do what they do better than they do it. If there's terrible weather, playing a more wide open offense and throwing the ball around would be stupid. It just gives them a chance when they have none if we just play ball control.

JustJohn419: Kirby will get up 13-3 and takes the air out of the ball.

Donut Dawg: I wouldn't say it's exactly unwarranted. Our last 2 trips to Lexington have produced 16-6 & 14-3 outcomes.
We've struggled there & it almost seems like it's self-imposed as Kirby treats Stoops the same way he treats Saban.... with way too much respect & reverence & we go into turtle mode offensively.
Hopefully we just run the effing offense & destroy them like we should.

BaileyDawg79: I don't think it is him being timid as much as knowing we can just play man ball and win. And Stoops seems perfectly fine with losing a relatively close game. Add in weird weather the last two times we've been up there and you get 30 total offensive points for the Dawgs the past two games in Lexington.

HacksawDawg: Consider me the last person on the planet to have figured a usually VERY-well-coached Mark Stoops team would lay such an egg against Shane Beamer.

kckd: He's lost to Beamer three years in a row now.

mjohns2078: They think because our last 4 trips to Lexington haven't been huge wins that Kirby is scared. They forget that the last 4 in Athens have been 51-13, 30-13, 21-0, and 34-17.

2016 @ KY: Dawgs win 27-24. Kirby's first year, that team was just forming the identity they have now
2018 @ KY: Dawgs win 34-17. This was a 10-win Kentucky team. It was 31-10 mid-4th quarter
2020 @ KY: Dawgs win 14-3. COVID year doesn't count, but after that b*tch Newman quit, it took a minute to get our QBs situated
2022 @ KY: Dawgs win 16-6. Offense had a tough day, and the defense gave up 1 really long TD drive.

Reactions: jhol
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.