ADVERTISEMENT

What the actual hell?

An
Could you imagine the reaction if a player had said this to the likes of Vince Lombardi, Bob Knight, Bear Bryant or Rupp?

Kid would’ve been kicked off the team before he finished speaking.
Any basketball Coach prior to 2000 would have sent this dude packing, kicked him out of Atletic Dorm and revoked his scholarship. I hope we never have to fight another war because the last 2 generations are soft.

Honest question: Do you suppose his parents supported this from their kid, or did they rip his azz for embarassing the family? I know which way I would've gone, just curious if parenting has really changed that much in the last 7/9 years?

Kinda surprised how many people here haven’t heard of athletes wearing compression tights before.

Well we have one common opponent.

We beat New Mexico State by 40 (86-46) in a game where we played pretty bad in 1st half and then outscored them 49-17 in 2nd half.

Meanwhile, Louisville beat them 90-84 in OT.

Hard to track something like this game by game, but the fact that we held them to 46 points, Louisville gave up 86 points and we average 94 points doesn't bode well for them.

But hey, you still have to play the game.

We’re a lot better than when we played NMSU. Louisville is not. Two months of growth for us. Two months of decline for them. They might not break 40 against us.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
steve martin tighty whities GIF

I’d imagine KP is ready to go back to the nba, what an absolute mess at ul. Soft doesn’t even describe that bs.

Reactions: University-6
I read the article from the Courier today and when I read where Kenny Payne said, "I can not take my foot off his neck" my first thought was, could you imagine the outcry if Coach Cal had said that?

Kinda surprised how many people here haven’t heard of athletes wearing compression tights before.
Find me one person in this thread who has never heard of athletes wearing compression tights. Just one. Much less “how many people!” lol. What are you talking about?

Kenny Payne said one thing right, he shouldn’t have told the media that. Not because it looks awful for the player but it looks awful for him as well. I mean talk about a coach who apparently isn’t respected by his players at all, that’s comical.

Edit: I guess I’ll take it back and say maybe one guy doesn’t know what athletic tights are — but even he I’m pretty sure was joking

Honestly, I’d dismissed him from the team that second.
I wouldn't let that ish anywhere near my locker room. You can't have a real team with someone like that on it. That's an entire new level of selfish, self-centetered primadonna entitlement BS.

Honestly, I'm surprised the team didn't handle this in their own way. Hopefully they do. That kid would be done, immediately, if I was Payne.

Kenny is a great guy and great assistant coach but it's obvious he's not cut out to be a head coach.The pressure is really getting to him.

Reactions: OleBum
Also heard some of the other Louisville guards wouldn’t play because they got their panties in a wad.

I would cut him immediately. And I don't mean off the team. I'd get my pocket knife out and start stabbing.

I hope we can find a way to troll Louisville in their own arena with this.

An
Any basketball Coach prior to 2000 would have sent this dude packing, kicked him out of Atletic Dorm and revoked his scholarship. I hope we never have to fight another war because the last 2 generations are soft.
Insults two generations of individuals but can't spell "Athletic."

I kid, but at the same time I don't know why we're bringing entire generations and wars into this silly story. It's one player on a bad team. I wouldn't play him if he refused to go in but Kenny is also a pushover. He'd rather be friends with his players and not be the adult in the room with control. One might say he, the 57 year old, is pretty soft as well.

Flipped that one around on ya lol.

I thought it was a really bad look for KP.

I took it as he was trying to say "look at the mess we're dealing with." You get what you tolerate. It's on the head coach to tell a kid he's off the team if he refuses to play. You can't laugh about it and say "he decided to play the 2nd half."

It reads like he has zero control over the program. Do the players respect him?

I thought it was a really bad look for KP.

I took it as he was trying to say "look at the mess we're dealing with." You get what you tolerate. It's on the head coach to tell a kid he's off the team if he refuses to play. You can't laugh about it and say "he decided to play the 2nd half."

It reads like he has zero control over the program. Do the players respect him?
He too nice a guy to mess with a bunch of spoiled do what they want type of guys.

Reactions: University-6
I would cut him immediately. And I don't mean off the team. I'd get my pocket knife out and start stabbing.

I hope we can find a way to troll Louisville in their own arena with this.
When we play UL everybody that goes should take a pair of red compression shorts with them and wave them like it is a terrible towel.

Reactions: Cats192
Whew, the PC Nancies are out in droves in this thread. This has NOTHING to do with athletic tights. Is has EVERYTHING to do with a prima donna athlete going full Karen on his team over the ‘right’ tights. Now that’s funny right there. KP did exactly the right thing. Out it. Stomp on it.

We're living in a world where "If I say it, it's so." is a common attitude. Not playing due to tights is certainly a new one, but it's a relatively harmless bit of wishful thinking. 3 or 4 clicks of your computer mouse will take you to a forum where not playing due to tights wouldn't even make the 1st cut of unreality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT