ADVERTISEMENT

Football What Ole Miss fans are saying...

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Desoto Blue: That was a pretty ballsy call by Kentucky to throw a deep ball on 4th & 7 from your own 20 something yard line at the end of the game. It obviously surprised our defense. That was the difference in the game. Who didn't think that we would pull it out with the ball on their 30 something with 1:30 left on the clock & 2 timeouts. Total lack of execution by Dart. Sickening.

Sbadams: Well, they knew that either their receiver would catch it or the officials would gift them a pass interference.

Wine Rebel: Hell of a call by Stoops.

JENAN: They were playing to win while we were playing not to lose, we got beat period.

kmreb: Stoops schooled Lane today. Went for it more on fourth down and made Lane play his style of ball.

RailroadGin8: It was one on one with no safety over the top. It was better than a prayer

Pepe Silvia: I think we all agree that losing at home to Kentucky is a wake up call

NWreb0890: Losing to Kentucky is embarrassing. You lose to them, who else you going to lose to?

Daviskenn: Stop putting your head in the sand. That was an 8 win team that lost to a 7 win team.

SoTexReb: I thought we were overrated and this is not a surprise loss for me

labreb: Yep, we were paper tigers, supposed to have this high powered passing game , with all these great receivers.

Rebel3320:
I’ve seen what our 8 win teams look like… 10 tackles for loss and 5 sacks ain’t it.

We’ve had worse OL and LK was able to move the ball on better teams.

Not sure what I just watched… little coaching scared which is not what we are used to with LK, little bad offensive game plan.
Little every thing went their way. 4th and 7 bomb, fumble into their hands for a td, little to no holding calls on uk.

As Hugh said we play them 10 times we win 9 times!

Whylanewhy: lol Kentucky didn’t score a TD until their 3rd sec game, but spin it how you will

olehosk: First close game we have lost because of coaching in the Kiffin era. He flinched, Stoops didn't. But we are lucky to have him

jmlove17: We were out coached across the board today. Stoops controlled the game.

cousrey75: Only bad call by Kiffin directly was that punt at 4 and 1 with 5 mins to go. Rest is on Weis. Those QB runs were atrocious. We will be fine and sneak in to the CFP.

RealisticReb: Stoops always controls the game. This type of game gives Kiffin fits. He hates not having the ball for 8+ minutes and gets him off his game. It always has. OM is fine. It's a tough loss. But this end of the world stuff is f'ing nuts. Those of us who expected and predicted this got called dumbasses all week. I predicted 24-20, which could have happened. This team is fine, and that could very well be the best DL we see all year. It's not a good loss, I'm not pumping sunshine. This team has flaws. Honestly I think it's better this happened now. They've been cocky, not confident.

leighacollins: On twitter and TikTok and more time preparing for this game. Stoops did his homework, was well prepared and he got the results he wanted!

Levi275: I can tell you all that we could go 0-12 and he’s going to keep doing whatever he is doing … he joked after we got beat by Arkansas by a million in 2022 … guy is not going to lose a wink of sleep, win or lose. Quite literally just playing Madden out there

plantdoc1: I still believe that Kiffin is an elite coach, but does anyone feel he coached "tight" as did against Saban? I'm not sure, yet it was an oddly called game. It appeared the plan was to attack the young DB's of KY and when that did not work, there was not a very good plan installed. KY is well coached and if I were the Gators, I'd go after Stoops.

FireFighterReb: The two biggest reasons we lost today. 1. We miss Judkins. Kentucky dropped 8 and played a short zone, trusting that we would be unable to hit the deep ball. We could not exploit this with our stable of running backs, they are all tough, but very limited in terms of burst, speed, quickness, strength. This will be a problem all season 2. Dart had a very uncharacteristic day passing the ball. He had time. We are built for passing the ball. Dart will play much better the rest of the season. The passing game will be a strength going forward. Dart is our biggest NIL number, he deserves the criticism for this game. Kiffin will not say it, but in private, he will tell Dart just how poorly he played today. Dart will respond and we will win next Saturday.

kmreb: Lane and Weiss have to be #1. They did not have the team prepared.

montgomeryreb42: This isn't a learn a lesson season. We went all the way in this year.

Saevio1337: The offense was one dimensional. Dart was off. Way off. They dropped in coverage and Dart couldn’t find people open and was feeling pressure. Only really threw to Harris. Couldn’t run the ball. Missed on multiple deep passes. Defense did their job. Crowd was loud all game. Just brutal. Not sure we beat South Carolina or LSU on the road now.

tmm21: We ran the ball pretty effectively. Parish averaged 4.8 ypc. (Judkins was statistically better than that in 3 games last year.) We just didn’t run it very much. We refused to throw slants or mesh routes. It appeared our gameplan was to get up a couple of scores and force Kentucky to play our game. We never adjusted when that didn’t happen. We spent all of the first half and most of the second trying to score in one play. We never tried to take what the defense was giving us. The quick slant was there most of the game.

montgomeryreb42: About what I expected. Just truly thought this couldn’t happen. How the hell was there not a question about Bentley in there? Matt jones is a D2 backup running back at best

toycaldwell: Lane got his ass whipped by Stoops. Embarrassing

Ambrose#6: Yall act like we just lost to WKU.

ElkoForever: He (Kiffin) took zero responsibility.

Fabius: Media did a second rate job in that press conference. It’s like they’re afraid to ask the guy a tough question. We have made him extremely rich and he can’t get us ready to play in our first conference game the year the chips are all placed on the table?

Ambrose#6: You’re so dumb. It’s the 2nd time his team has truly been upset in 4.5 seasons.

ChargerRebel: lane will never take an NFL job because in the NFL he’ll have to answer for choke jobs liked this, in college he never has to because media is either all fans or too burnt out to care

Lereb1: I wish someone would ask him ab the flopping and how it’s gotten so embarrassing. We GO FAST and hardly anyone does it to us, yet we flop any time anyone does anything positive. If everyone did this no games would finish.

Whylanewhy: But in the instance the opponent does it our staff bitches non stop. Just dumb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.