ADVERTISEMENT

Football What Ole Miss fans are saying...

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Reminder, again, the spy on your rival feature is available as an upgrade in your account. I'll post some of what Gamecock fans are saying this week as well...

I'll say this about the Kentucky fans we talked to walking back to the truck after the game. Everyone we talked with were very nice and congratulated us on our win, their experience with Oxford and the Square. They were praising Judkins, saying he was the best freshman running back they've seen. They were praising Dart, and laughing about our centers snaps. All we talked with were very cordial people. I wished them luck the rest of the way and told them to please beat Tennessee 🤣

Same with us talking with them postgame back in the grove

They were fine. Was hoping they’d be willing to trade Barion brown for Jordan Watkins (being he’s from Kentucky) prior to the game.

They still know who they are in football. They probably would not be nice if we beat them in basketball.

Go to the SEC basketball tournament.

You’ll never want to be around them again.

Midwestern weirdos from Cincinnati and Chicago and shit. That’s what the school and alumni base is made of - Ohio bros.

Todd Blackledge was insanely bad yesterday....
Rewatching the game and it’s standing out even more how biased he was. I’ve always thought Todd was pretty good, but the Levis love affair was strange. There’s no doubt he was waiting on Will with a sharpie and football to get an autograph after the game. You could tell a little piece of him died yesterday watching Levis cough up the ball twice at the end of the game

Lets have a conversation on Will Levis...

Most overhyped QB I’ve seen in years. The media and a few scouts have overhyped this guy so much.

He’s never done anything to deserve the hype.

They compare him to Josh Allen and Joe Burrow.

Big dude, live arm…so they think he wil develop into someone who can make all the throws and has better pocket presence…that RARELY happens.

Burrow? Are you ****ing kidding me? The guy had one of the best statistical seasons in history. He was putting up crazy numbers against the alabamas and elite competition. When has Levis dominated anyone?

He can’t throw receivers open, he’s an average passer and he will be a major bust if he’s a first rounder. He’s been a game manager and he’s nothing more than that.

PS: **** espn

One Word: OVERRATED (Levis)

His pocket awareness is ROUGH.

Sure he has a big live arm. He can make swim great throws. But he really struggled when pressured. He just sat there and let it come to him

When he had time, he was good. The ball zipped out of goods hand. Dude has a cannon.

He makes over the middle throws and has a great arm when receivers are wide open. He can’t throw a WR open to save his life.

And he completed 75% of his passes with no picks

He didn't have a superstar game through the air, but if your bad day passing is 18/24 for 2 TD and 0 picks, you're pretty good.

Again…RIP to whoever drafts him. At best he’s a middle of the pack QB who you have to pay but won’t get you over the hump. See Tennessee Titans.

I came away impressed with him physically. The ball explodes off his hand. He’s pretty thick physically and he can run a bit. He had a good level of compete.

I think you guys need to give our D some credit - we forced those TOs and sacks.

Our D is legit.

He threw a few missiles on target on 3rd down. But, pass rush really hinders him. He will face lots of good pass rushes in the NFL. Plus, NFL scouts, coaches, GM's miss on over half the qbs that enter the league. As much as they think they know, they are lucky. Very few "can't miss" QB's exist.

We need to buy brown. I hope there was some tampering going on

Stoops made a mistake not taking the holding penalty. Otherwise, no FG

I think it was obvious the ESPN crew wanted to highlight Levis, but my guess is that was a production thing, not necessarily a Blackledge thing. Wasn’t McShay at the game? I know he was on the broadcast talking about Levis’ “intangibles”, which, by his definition, must not include having composure enough to get everyone set or knowing not to hold the ball when your RT just left the game. 😳

Saw this UK student when leaving the stadium...
Someone had dotted his eye pretty good. He looked so dejected. I assume he pissed off some Panola county boy. 😀
UK fans were pretty arrogant and rude today in my experience. They were talking s*(t before the game about blowing us out and “look at the scoreboard” 45 min before the game.
Awesome win. It was my kids’ first game and they saw a great one! Hotty toddy!

Kiffin is building us into the right mindset. He wasn't happy with that game. He said it could have gone either way. He actually looked decently pissed in the PC. That's a championship mindset.

Missed facemask call almost flipped the game

This was a war!!!! Could be a special season coming.

The way our offense fades during the game is going to make this whole season nerve racking.

Pts by quarter this game: 14, 5, 3, 0

Snaps going to get us killed against real SEC teams.

Dude, that was a real SEC team!

ESPN flashed a graphic during the game.. the SEC teams with the most wins last year and this year are:

Georgia
Alabama
Ole Miss
Kentucky..

That’s because Auburn, LSU, Florida are down. That’s always the case when OM is good. Ask most any talking head, and they will tell you that.

The reason those teams are down is because the “also rans” of the SEC have been beating them of late.. UK beat Florida earlier this year..OM beat LSU, but lost at Auburn last year..

It’s really not a historical question, but a “what have you done lately?” one..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News