ADVERTISEMENT

Football What Mizzou fans are saying...

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Kentucky looms large.
How we play next week is going to determine what the status of this season will be.. the team has to learn from this… have to clean up the penalties…can still have a very good year..

Think the refs can screw us again? That non facemask is the difference in the game.

Re: Mark Stoops

It's impossible not to respect him as a coach. He didn't buy the bait about this being called a rivalry by Mizzou. He didn't give outs for his team getting killed by Gerogia. He didn't call out any players. They have a good one in Kentucky, though I hope like hell we can send them home with a loss next week.

Every year I keep wishing he would leave for another program….

He's already making 8.6M/yr. And he wins, but he doesn't WIN... at least not at the level that would cause one of the bluebloods to try and throw 10M+ at him to try and pull him away.

Greg Sankey needs to warn SEC officials that Mark Stoops cannot pressure them into egregious calls in this game again this year. Refs have handed UK our last 2 home games thanks to Stoops yelling and intimidating. It’s crap.

I hope we come out and dominate them.

I guess this will be Stoops love fest week around here. Even though the last 3 yrs he’s below .500 in conf. Which is what the Drink haters use to criticize him.

Roughing the punter play should be lumped in with the 5th down & Flea Kicker.

Sounds like he is not happy with one of his OL and definitely not enamored with his QB

Stoops is over rated. This losing to Kentucky needs to stop.

Say what you want about Mark Stoops but he’s been our Daddy 7 out of the last 8 meetings. The only win for us was when their longtime o-line coach died days before our game.

Drink’s about to go 2-2 against him while we’re rebuilding. Anything further back is irrelevant. Stoops been there 10 yrs and hit his ceiling.

I just mean they view him like Georgia viewed Richt. Won’t get them where they hope. Georgia was right- I think stoops is average but has Kentucky about as good as their potential allows

9 million $ coach telling fans to pony up if they want him to win..not the best I've seen

Again. We are Stoops’ bitch until we prove otherwise on the field. It’s just a fact no matter if you accept it or not.

Your predictions on this week’s game and Stoops’ future are completely irrelevant to the discussion. You can live in your own little fantasy world but the rest of us don’t.

Go ahead stick your head in the sand while the world passes you by. This week is the most relevant game there is.

It’s the same crap spewed here every year about how we are going to beat Kentucky, and we go and lose to them. It’s freaking Kentucky and we’ve lost 7 of 8. There is a massive blind spot in our fanbase about them. I’m simply pointing out facts that many forget every single year.

Do you really think what a single player thinks about a game or opponent has any impact on the outcome? That’s just another sorry ass excuse as to why we are getting owned by Kentucky.

This game is incredibly relevant. Drink won’t be successful here unless he stops losing to Kentucky. And if we can’t beat this Kentucky team, that really doesn’t bode well for Drink’s future.

Do y’all not remember how bad Kentucky was before Stoops?

Fvck Mark Stoops and fvck Kentucky football

The mark of real desperation is when you keep losing and then blame the refs for it. Well done.

I just don’t see what our game against Kentucky in 2015, when Pinkel was coaching, has to do with 2023.

Does our past record against Kentucky really change a single thing Saturday?

Maybe it's me but Stoops comes off as a cry baby here. Telling your team they aren't good enough to go against the heavyweights I don't think is a smart thing to do.

I guess he’s not wrong, but kids aren’t committing to Kentucky over Georgia solely because of money. And I really don’t expect money to sway out of state blue chips to the likes of Kentucky or Mizzou anyways, outside of a couple outliers.

IMO he the SEC/college football version of musselman. He whines, pisses and moans so much and unfortunately it works for him with officials.

This is exactly what I was going to say. He has always come off as a whiny baby to me and it always works to his benefit in game against us.

Ya know 2.5 million off Stoops pay divided by a full squad would pay 30k across an 80 man roster or 250k kicker to the top ten players he wants. Still leaves him enough money to live comfortably in Lexington.

Something here talked about it costs a family of 4 700 bucks to a t tend a game so better than 4 grand a season and if paying enough to be a booster club member for decent seats another couple thousand . So you are asking as Gabe alluded those already paying 6000 or so to help the university attract players and pay athletic staff to open up that wallet to buy a 9 million $ coach some players. Some of these folks are very wealthy and spend lots more, but the largest group of boosters have moderate incomes.

If it doesn't cause one to have a wtf moment I'm surprised.

The reality is Kentucky only plays good against us and Florida.....kidding sort of

I’m just now realizing they scheduled Mizzou for their homecoming.

Hope the message gets to the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News