ADVERTISEMENT

What Is Your Prediction For The 2018 Season Record?

10-3

3 SEC losses but a bowl victory.

kentucky-fans-celebrating.gif

Beat Florida - - 8-4
Lose Florida - - 4-8
If we go 4-8 Stoops and the program are in deep trouble
If we go 8-4 it is a great year.

I disagree about the UF game,I think South Carolina and UL are more defining games.

Should we win at UF things could get interesting for this bunch.

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
If we go 4-8 Stoops and the program are in deep trouble
If we go 8-4 it is a great year.

I disagree about the UF game,I think South Carolina and UL are more defining games.
No argument on either thing you say. My obvious worry is that a loss to Florida will just mentally devastate the team (and obviously the fans).

Last edited:
I have gone back and forth between 6-6 and 7-5. 6-6 would be very disappointing but I only see 4 or 5 games where we could be the favorite so we will need an upset or 2 just for that.

No argument on either thing you say. My obvious worry is that a loss to Florida will just mentally devistate the team (and obviously the fans).
The UF game does come with a good bit of mental peril no doubt. If we are in the game in the 4th with a chance to win is all we can ask on the road.

If we win at Florida all bets are off. If we lose at Florida I think the stretch of MSU, USCjr. and A&M will determine the season. IMHO, I think we need to win 2 out of the 3.

My head says 5-7. My heart says 7-5

Last edited:
6 - 6 with a bowl win to finish at 7 - 6.

I hope I am wrong. But if I am, I think it will be the defense that carries the team.

I think SEC defenses will stack the box and challenge TW to throw the ball. And at the JUCO level when he had to do that, his team lost.

6-6 and that's if no other important players get hurt.However, I'm hoping for much better, but Kentucky football has let me down too many times.

7-5. Could see better though but hard to say that right now because a lot depends on QB and that's a guessing game at the moment, and losing Landon REALLY hurts. If the QB play is solid I think this is Stoops best team of his tenure top to bottom on the roster.

5-7 or 6-6, just got a bad feeling about this season, loss of Paschal and Young will hurt severely, especially on defense. I think the coaches made the right choice on QB, but until I see that TW can throw accurately enough to worry SEC defenses, really worried about the passing game.

And no one wants to talk about the kicking game, loss of McGinniss worries me a lot as well.

Reactions: Jdhays21
5-7 or 6-6, just got a bad feeling about this season, loss of Paschal and Young will hurt severely, especially on defense. I think the coaches made the right choice on QB, but until I see that TW can throw accurately enough to worry SEC defenses, really worried about the passing game.

And no one wants to talk about the kicking game, loss of McGinniss worries me a lot as well.

That's the one thing no one is talking about is McGinnis. I'm sure the other kickers will do fine but he was as close to automatic as you could get. If you need a late field goal for a win or overtime, it gets antsy with a new kicker.

That being said, I'm sticking with my initial thought of 5-7. I really hope I'm wrong.

7 wins at this stage of Stoops tenure with all of the experience we have returning should be the minimum win total.

We play 4 conference games against teams(UF, MSU, TexA&M, UT) with new HC's. If we can split those 4 and win the 3 non-P5 Non-Conference games that leaves 5 games(USC, UGA, Vandy, Mizzou, UofL) that if we can win at least 3, we'll improve from the past 2 seasons and do something that hasn't been done in over 30 years(8 reg. season wins)

I realize that it will be difficult, but I believe 8 wins is most definitely achievable. Our program REALLY needs to have breakthrough season. With most of the teams on our schedule rebuilding or facing deficiencies, it's not out of the realm of possibility like it has been so many times over the past 40+ years.

Last edited:
Until I see some real improvement out of the defense, I'm going with 7-6... could come either way (6-6 + bowl win, or 7-5 plus bowl loss).

8-4

We win at UF and ul. The other 6 are easy to pick. We step up this year. I really think we will be great at QB now, our running game is already great, we have on of the top TE in the country and I don’t think our D will. E bad but we should be amazing in the secondary. We have some spots to fill on the line but I think we have that covered with okay recruiting.

I did not predict. Had no clue and thought multiple outcomes were possible. I did not want to go with my heart, but thought this would be Stoops’ best team. But, even so, I knew the SEC has numerous teams that would be competitive with Stoops’ best. And, I have been wildly wrong before.

Interesting read, and many of us would have been absolutely thrilled to find out what the team has accomplished so far this season.

But here we are now, today, - pissed off at being 7-3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT