ADVERTISEMENT

What is your favorite SEC

Jan 24, 2017
School state. I have traveled to most and I think my favorite has to be Georgia. Gotta love catlanta. And if you have not been to Savannah you are missing a beautiful city with real southern charm. My second favorite would be Louisiana because of New Orleans. Just wondering what your favorites are and your reasons.

School state. I have traveled to most and I think my favorite has to be Georgia. Gotta love catlanta. And if you have not been to Savannah you are missing a beautiful city with real southern charm. My second favorite would be Louisiana because of New Orleans. Just wondering what your favorites are and your reasons.
Florida—because I get to meet “Florida Man”

South Carolina

Been going to Hilton Head with my family since I was little. Plus Charleston is a really cool historic city. Absolutely beautiful down there.

Texas is now an SEC state. It has much more to see and do than any other state in the SEC.

My favorite things about all of the SEC states....

Florida - We live there and if it weren't for family, we'd probably never go north of Orlando, unless we were flying somewhere on a trip. Weather permitting, we are usually at the beach or fishing every day. Sometimes both.

Georgia - Love the Golden Isles, Savannah and Catlanta.

South Carolina - Charleston and Hilton Head are really nice, as is the Lowcountry in general and Santee-Cooper has some great fishing. The Greenville & Upstate area in general are nice.

Alabama - I'm guessing Gulf Shores is nice. Lake Weiss and Guntersville have some great fishing.

Mississippi - Love the blues festivals and juke joints in and around Clarksdale.

Arkansas - Helena is right on the river and has some good blues festivals.

Louisiana - New Orleans and food. Would love to attend the crawdad festival at Breaux Bridge sometime. A friend of mine was working for Bell Helicopter back in the late 90's or early 2000's, and was sent to the Lafayette plant to work for a couple of months. He said he gained 18 lbs while working.

Tennessee - Love Nashville. Chatt-nooga is nice. Knoxville has a nice downtown. TVA Lakes are nice. Even Memfuss has music festivals and lots of good places to eat.

Mizzuruh - Been to Cape Girardeau a few times for work. Loved eating at Broussard's, a local Cajun place on the river. Other than that, I couldn't tell you much more.

Kentucky - Beautiful countryside scenery and BBN. Land Between the Lakes area is really nice.

Florida - We live there and if it weren't for family, we'd probably never go north of Orlando, unless we were flying somewhere on a trip. Weather permitting, we are usually at the beach or fishing every day. Sometimes both.

South Carolina - Charleston and Hilton Head are really nice, as is the Lowcountry in general and Santee-Cooper has some great fishing. The Greenville & Upstate area in general are nice.

Alabama - I'm guessing Gulf Shores is nice. Lake Weiss and Guntersville have some great fishing.

Mississippi - Love the blues festivals and juke joints in and around Clarksdale.

Louisiana - New Orleans and food. Would love to attend the crawdad festival at Breaux Bridge sometime. A friend of mine was working for Bell Helicopter back in the late 90's or early 2000's, and was sent to the Lafayette plant to work for a couple of months. He said he gained 18 lbs while working.

Tennessee - Love Nashville. Chatt-nooga is nice. Knoxville has a nice downtown. TVA Lakes are nice. Even Memfuss has music festivals and lots of good places to eat.

Mizzuruh - Been to Cape Girardeau a few times for work. Loved eating at Broussard's, a local Cajun place on the river. Other than that, I couldn't tell you much more.

Kentucky - Beautiful countryside scenery and BBN. Land Between the Lakes area is really nice.
Yeah but “Florida Man!!” ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss

I aspire to be @JDHoss when I retire. Sounds like a great life

I aspire to be @JDHoss when I retire. Sounds like a great life

It's a low key, yet enjoyable lifestyle. We're very fortunate. Really like our location on the Treasure Coast. Uncrowded beaches, plenty of fishing opportunities, a couple of small, but cool local music venues, not too far from Miami and it's a nice day trip to the upper Keys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT