ADVERTISEMENT

What is the issue on offense?

No offensive continuity in both game plan (head coach meddling clearly) and scheme (too many changes at oc).

No qb continuity as we just take transfers and don't develop anyone because our ocs change so often.

Mark Stoops would play every game 3 to 0 and go home happy win or loss. He just doesn't care about anything other than defense but can't stay out of everyone else's way.

Everything is the issue. Even when BV does his job, the receiver drops it and then it’s intercepted. BV isn’t very savvy, the head coach and off. coird. are awful. and their inadequacies have disheartened the defense.

If you're saying Brock did his job by throwing a fastball above and behind a TE, then I suppose we are watching a different game. His accuracy has been awful tonight.

Reactions: JrandoUK
If you're saying Brock did his job by throwing a fastball above and behind a TE, then I suppose we are watching a different game. His accuracy has been awful tonight.
I agree, but I was referring to the last pass to BB, and it went right through his fingers for an interception by FL. Yes, BV is terrible.

Is it Stoops? Is it Hamden? I tend to believe that it is Stoops. Former OC's: Coen - killing is in the NFL, Neal Brown - has had offnesive success everywhere he's been, Shannon Dawson - he's killing at Miami.
Coen was good here which is why he left for that nfl after one year. Brown considering what he inherited did well too and became a HC. Shannon is a black mark but when you have Cam ward it makes life much easier

It’s everything. You’ll never convince me at this point that Stoops isn’t setting the agenda for whoever happens to be the coordinator at a given time to prioritize time of possession above all else and keep games low scoring. It’s been too consistent over multiple coordinators that we play that way, and it really limits our ceiling on that side of the ball.

I’ve also not been impressed by Hamdan. He just seems to be calling random plays then reacting to the results this year instead of having any sense of setting up certain plays or positioning us for easier conversions later in certain downs and distances instead of trying to get it all at once.

Finally, the talent doesn’t seem to be great. The offensive line has been inconsistent at best, which really limits the kind of plays we’re able to run and forces us to use tight ends almost exclusively as blockers. Brock also just hasn’t lived up to the former recruiting ranking. He’s a one read QB who isn’t even consistently accurate when he does let it go.

We’ve pretty much had issues on every level, and the result is one of the worst offenses in the conference.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
It's CMS, but I think we're going to have to start to call out Morrow more than we do.

I know everyone loves the big fella, but I'm beginning to wonder whether or not he's also part of the problem. I mean he's been here as long as Stoops, and one of the key issues that is a common thread throughout all offenses is the lack of consistent production and play making from TEs.

That's just one of the issues, but it's a big one I think.

Overall it's just lack of passing game in general. From recruitment of the skill talent to the development of said talent and game planning play calling utilizing, or not, said talent on game day.

Again, that's been an issue since CMS arrived so I don't think we can pin it on Hamdan or BV.

It's a CMS, Marrow, Eddie Gran thing.

It's CMS, but I think we're going to have to start to call out Morrow more than we do.

I know everyone loves the big fella, but I'm beginning to wonder whether or not he's also part of the problem. I mean he's been here as long as Stoops, and one of the key issues that is a common thread throughout all offenses is the lack of consistent production and play making from TEs.

That's just one of the issues, but it's a big one I think.

Overall it's just lack of passing game in general. From recruitment of the skill talent to the development of said talent and game planning play calling utilizing, or not, said talent on game day.

Again, that's been an issue since CMS arrived so I don't think we can pin it on Hamdan or BV.

It's a CMS, Marrow, Eddie Gran thing.
Marrow is here for recruiting. Hell
He even delivered jasper johnson to the basketball team. He is invaluable. Even if the TE play is subpar he is still a net positive

No offensive continuity in both game plan (head coach meddling clearly) and scheme (too many changes at oc).

No qb continuity as we just take transfers and don't develop anyone because our ocs change so often.

Mark Stoops would play every game 3 to 0 and go home happy win or loss. He just doesn't care about anything other than defense but can't stay out of everyone else's way.
Bingo.

We no longer have an identity and are just throwing things at a wall.

We have an offensive line who lacks lateral and backwards agility which makes it incredibly difficult to pass block a good pass rush. They are decent road-graders bc forward and driving feet, hat on hat, is the easiest way to block

We are painfully mediocre at all phases other than running between the tackles (again, downhill blocking and a lesser elapsed time to hold the block)

Marrow is here for recruiting. Hell
He even delivered jasper johnson to the basketball team. He is invaluable. Even if the TE play is subpar he is still a net positive

Make him chief recruiter for all athletic programs for all I care. We may want to consider bringing in a new TE coach who just coaches and develops.

If Marrow is so busy recruiting, that may be part of the disconnect/issue with the TEs and every type of offense, and OC we've had pass through here.

Maybe the OC needs to have more say in who his positional coaches are, what type of skill players they're recruiting, and how they're being developed.

LC came from an offensive lineage that really is known for utilizing the TE and he wasn't able to do all that much. Why...Marrow is a CMS guy.

Hamden, don't know enough about his offensive heritage, but I know he inherited a coach, chief recruiter/TE coach, and whatever EG is...and it's clearly not meshing.

LC miraculously squeezed what he could out of the passing game and two QBs he coached. Now that he's gone, we're well on our way back to about 12-15 passing scores, a QB who seemingly better/more productive running...staring down the barrel of 6 wins if we're lucky.

Make him chief recruiter for all athletic programs for all I care. We may want to consider bringing in a new TE coach who just coaches and develops.

If Marrow is so busy recruiting, that may be part of the disconnect/issue with the TEs and every type of offense, and OC we've had pass through here.

Maybe the OC needs to have more say in who his positional coaches are, what type of skill players they're recruiting, and how they're being developed.

LC came from an offensive lineage that really is known for utilizing the TE and he wasn't able to do all that much. Why...Marrow is a CMS guy.

Hamden, don't know enough about his offensive heritage, but I know he inherited a coach, chief recruiter/TE coach, and whatever EG is...and it's clearly not meshing.

LC miraculously squeezed what he could out of the passing game and two QBs he coached. Now that he's gone, we're well on our way back to about 12-15 passing scores, a QB who seemingly better/more productive running...staring down the barrel of 6 wins if we're lucky.
The tight ends are about the 10th thing down the list of reasons why the offense doesn’t produce.

Bingo.

We no longer have an identity and are just throwing things at a wall.

We have an offensive line who lacks lateral and backwards agility which makes it incredibly difficult to pass block a good pass rush. They are decent road-graders bc forward and driving feet, hat on hat, is the easiest way to block

We are painfully mediocre at all phases other than running between the tackles (again, downhill blocking and a lesser elapsed time to hold the block)
Why don’t we run between the tackles until they can stop us?

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Is it Stoops? Is it Hamden? I tend to believe that it is Stoops. Former OC's: Coen - killing is in the NFL, Neal Brown - has had offnesive success everywhere he's been, Shannon Dawson - he's killing at Miami.
It is both. This offense is not very good to a philosophy stand point. Worked fine as a mid major offense but is not very good playing SEC level ball. Also the play calling is horrendous which is probably a bit of both stoops and bush. The talent is there but the development is not. No reason an OLine with 3 returning starters and and 2 quality SEC transfers should be this bad. I believe the term is “cluster ****”

I believe we have a cave man as a coach who thinks scoring is secondary to clock control, and that throwing a ball through the air is witchcraft and blasphemous to the ground and pound gods.
Bingo ! would be even more funny if it were not so true !!! We actually inserted a running QB on 3rd and 7 ( with the game still in reach ) then followed it up with NOT having Key and Brown in the game on 4th and 7 ... its like comedy .. can you imagine how we look to the other SEC coaches / teams / staffs / fans ? And we deserve every ounce of scorn and being a punch line . We are a punch line .

Reactions: kywildcat41086
100% on Stoops.

He has restricted every OC that has worked from him. Just check their abilities when they are not with UK. Dawson this year just take a look.

STOOPS STOOPS STOOPS. that is the problem with the offense. Stoops wants to win every game 3-0 not 49-42.

Some of each. Line plays has been spotty from the get go, if not missing blocks committing penalties at the wrong times.

Brock has also struggled. Just plays a little timid which causes him to be careful which caused him to hold the ball or stare down receivers.

WR have struggled some but I think more of that is on Brock and the OLine. Brock has locked into Dane and that’s why others haven’t showed much production. Last night he did that on a big third down and camera showed Barion visibly upset he didn’t look his way. I’d say Mackin would feel similar.

Hamadan has also struggled with odd pay calling at times and a lack of creativity in short yardage that has cost us several games. Example: last night we got stuffed twice turning it over on down trying to cram it up the middle. On another occasion he used a new wrinkle on a third down where our motion guy stopped and circled back which’s set up the counter run off that which was successful twice. Why we are more creative in critical short yardage sets is beyond me.

Some of each. Line plays has been spotty from the get go, if not missing blocks committing penalties at the wrong times.

Brock has also struggled. Just plays a little timid which causes him to be careful which caused him to hold the ball or stare down receivers.

WR have struggled some but I think more of that is on Brock and the OLine. Brock has locked into Dane and that’s why others haven’t showed much production. Last night he did that on a big third down and camera showed Barion visibly upset he didn’t look his way. I’d say Mackin would feel similar.

Hamadan has also struggled with odd pay calling at times and a lack of creativity in short yardage that has cost us several games. Example: last night we got stuffed twice turning it over on down trying to cram it up the middle. On another occasion he used a new wrinkle on a third down where our motion guy stopped and circled back which’s set up the counter run off that which was successful twice. Why we are more creative in critical short yardage sets is beyond me.
Wide combination of things. Certainly OL figures in. Noticed Mal Wood got several snaps at RT and thought he held his own but why no Ford or Selm? Ray with OL snaps too.

For whatever reason BV just isn't seeing the field. Guess he's locking in on one guy, don't know. At one critical stage Anderson was wide, wide open in the center of the field but BV didn't see him. No defender within 20 yards, 4th down too. Instead BV throws to ABS, smallest WR on the team, and he gets plowed for an incompletion.

Play calling, head scratcher. 4th and maybe 7 and UK runs a swing pass to the runt ABS and he gets blown up for a loss. That was the instance of the 4th down when Brown/Key were taken off the field. I mean, WTF??

3rd and 6 and you pull your passing threat QB for runner Wimsett who is promptly stuffed after short gain.

The there's Wilcox and his obligatory 3 carries/game.

I'm no expert, just a fan. Still, I'd like to know what they think they're seeing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT