ADVERTISEMENT

What I am worried about

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
safe to say this team won’t have issues against top 10 teams in the tournament if they continue to play at this level, I just worry about those smaller schools in the tournament. Seems Kentucky plays at its best against good talent but let’s off the gas pedal against lesser talented teams. That all could change between now and March though, I really like this team and look for them to make a deep run.

safe to say this team won’t have issues against top 10 teams in the tournament if they continue to play at this level, I just worry about those smaller schools in the tournament. Seems Kentucky plays at its best against good talent but let’s off the gas pedal against lesser talented teams. That all could change between now and March though, I really like this team and look for them to make a deep run.
I worry about things that matter in life.

• Wow
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Wagners toughness really shined late. Contrary to the frustrations we felt for him early in the year while Dillingham stole the show, Wagner has come into his own and with his size and strength he can get to the basket whenever he wants. I like the idea of telling him to drive to the basket for a lay up/foul/offensive rebound opportunity for some classic early Cal UK team ball now and again. He's a dawg.

You’re not allowed to be worried about anything after a win. You’re supposed to wait until after a loss to express these things.
Someone will be along soon to tell you to “just be happy with the win.”
I think it's fine to analyze the good and the bad after a win.

Some of it though, my god. It's such knit picky non-sense.

"Cal needs to play Adou at least 20 minutes! Coaching malpractice." He played 15 and 16 minutes the last 2 games. Are we really coming for Cal's head over 4 or 5 minutes for Adou Thiero? After a win?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
If Wagner was not out with an injury and it was not Bradshaw's first college game after two practices, we would have defeated UNCW by 15+.
If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. If there hadn’t been an nba lockout we don’t win a title in 2012.
If we had a better coach we’d have won the title in 2015. Doesn’t work that way. We lost against UNC Wilmington and beat UNC. Improve on the things that need improvement. And please JVC for the love of God learn from your past mistakes.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. If there hadn’t been an nba lockout we don’t win a title in 2012.
If we had a better coach we’d have won the title in 2015. Doesn’t work that way. We lost against UNC Wilmington and beat UNC. Improve on the things that need improvement. And please JVC for the love of God learn from your past mistakes.

Let's be really clear about something...if we had a different coach 2015 wouldn't have happened at all. I know this is hard for you to wrap your head around, but Cal built that roster. I'm sure your revisionist history makes it easy to bench the backcourt that led you to '14 title game....right? Play Ulis and Booker more...yeah, thought so.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I still believe this team, like any other Cal team, has several more levels they can get to. I'm sure this team will drop a raucous road gme in January, but that's kind of the positive here: they will get better. They will figure out how to win on the road, how to come from behind, how to beat a top SEC team at their house.

What's impressive is that Kentucky got TWO top10 wins before January.. I'm not sure many teams since 2015 would be able to do that.. certainly not the last few seasons. We're ahead of schedule IMO.

What I'd like to see next, aside from just tightening things up and individual improvements.. is figuring out who our go-to guys are, who the guys are we want with the ball in their hands. I still see a little too much individual basketball, a few too many possessions that didn't get enough passes. It's nice to see the scoring spread out, but come march, we are going to need to find out who our best playmakers are, physically and mentally.

Miss a few of those shots from midrange just inside the arc and we could’ve easily lost.
We need to put it on teams when we got the lead and make smarter decisions on offense/defense.

Wagners toughness really shined late. Contrary to the frustrations we felt for him early in the year while Dillingham stole the show, Wagner has come into his own and with his size and strength he can get to the basket whenever he wants. I like the idea of telling him to drive to the basket for a lay up/foul/offensive rebound opportunity for some classic early Cal UK team ball now and again. He's a dawg.
I worry that this team will not play well without him. He’s the key to a March run

Let's be really clear about something...if we had a different coach 2015 wouldn't have happened at all. I know this is hard for you to wrap your head around, but Cal built that roster. I'm sure your revisionist history makes it easy to bench the backcourt that led you to '14 title game....right? Play Ulis and Booker more...yeah, thought so.
Let’s be really clear about something else…. Cal has built some really good rosters including 2015, the man is a HOF recruiter. BUT his inability to make in game adjustments, no inbounds plays, lack of screens to free up shooters, focusing on getting players drafted over winning games/ championships (and those are pretty much his words), one dimensional defense, has killed us. Not to mention he’s a jackass to the fanbase, and pretty much a dick to the media. So excuse me if I’m not in love with the man.
It appears he’s made some changes this year. I’m just hoping and praying he doesn’t revert back to his true self.
But I’m sure your blind love for the man won’t let you see what I’m saying. Thank you to the NBA for the lockout that allowed the man a championship in 2012.

I believe their worst threat are those mid majors who rely mostly on 3 pt shooting. If they get hot at the 3 pt line they can take down any team, unless there is good 3 pt defense, as Ky already knows. And I don't trust Cal to develop the defense needed against the 3pt shot.

Let’s be really clear about something else…. Cal has built some really good rosters including 2015, the man is a HOF recruiter. BUT his inability to make in game adjustments, no inbounds plays, lack of screens to free up shooters, focusing on getting players drafted over winning games/ championships (and those are pretty much his words), one dimensional defense, has killed us. Not to mention he’s a jackass to the fanbase, and pretty much a dick to the media. So excuse me if I’m not in love with the man.
It appears he’s made some changes this year. I’m just hoping and praying he doesn’t revert back to his true self.
But I’m sure your blind love for the man won’t let you see what I’m saying. Thank you to the NBA for the lockout that allowed the man a championship in 2012.

The narratives created by haters just cracks me up. Constantly moving goal posts.

Cal hasn't been good since COVID...hopefully better this year.

Not sure what all you can hate on otherwise. You have to be a sensitive Sally if you think he is a meanie to the fan base
..give me a freaking break, lol.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That’s why I didn’t have a problem with his last second shot against ST. Joes. Exactly what we tried for back then.

Reactions: Catzman
The narratives created by haters just cracks me up. Constantly moving goal posts.

Cal hasn't been good since COVID...hopefully better this year.

Not sure what all you can hate on otherwise. You have to be a sensitive Sally if you think he is a meanie to the fan base
..give me a freaking break, lol.
The narratives created by the nuthuggers crack me up. Constantly defending everything Coach related.
I’ve never had the feeling that he’s changed since Covid. The only thing that changed was his recruiting ability. He just couldn’t or didn’t have the talent. He coached guys who wouldn’t have been third string his first five years here the same way he did when he had a team full of future NBA Allstars. And that was the problem, square peg round hole. His undeniable attitude towards the fanbase cracks me up. He should take his own statements “KY isn’t for everyone” and “I can’t hide you” into consideration when he looks in the mirror. I’m hoping this year is better. The talent level is back up to his previous standards and he has some new staff to help.
I’d love to win the conference, make it to the second weekend of the tournament for a change. But I’m just being unreasonable.

The narratives created by the nuthuggers crack me up. Constantly defending everything Coach related.
I’ve never had the feeling that he’s changed since Covid. The only thing that changed was his recruiting ability. He just couldn’t or didn’t have the talent. He coached guys who wouldn’t have been third string his first five years here the same way he did when he had a team full of future NBA Allstars. And that was the problem, square peg round hole. His undeniable attitude towards the fanbase cracks me up. He should take his own statements “KY isn’t for everyone” and “I can’t hide you” into consideration when he looks in the mirror. I’m hoping this year is better. The talent level is back up to his previous standards and he has some new staff to help.
I’d love to win the conference, make it to the second weekend of the tournament for a change. But I’m just being unreasonable.

"Nutthuggers"...pretty much lose credibility there.

We are due, I'll give you that. I haven't been happy for 3 years with Cal. He seems to be back to his old self now. Needs to win this year...no doubt.

I'll just go back to "nuthugging" now...

We are due, I'll give you that. I haven't been happy for 3 years with Cal. He seems to be back to his old self now. Needs to win this year...no doubt.

I know you don’t know me, nor do I know you. I can discuss things without getting upset. If the “nuthuggers” comment caused me to lose all credibility, how about me being a “hater”, “sensitive Sally”, “Revisionist”?
I think most posters on this board just want to win and win consistently at a level that the program deserves.
When we start assuming to know each others feelings, agendas, etc we can be wrong. I’m as guilty as the next guy/gal of this at times. The last several year’s performance has created a lot of this IMO.

Ignore him. Got no game just same tired old shit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT