ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to sports media?

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
Used to be all over things like white on rice. No new stories this morning on the coaching search. Some have nothing new on the program AT ALL since yesterday morning. I knew some journalists seemed lazy back in the day, but I haven't seen a site without anything on the program for 24 hours.

Has there been a lot of people call in "sick" the kast 24-48 hours? Or is there just no money in it anymore?

There is no true media any more. Just people throw crap against the wall and click bait titles to get ad revenue.

If their guess is right they claim they know it all, if not "things changed"

Used to be all over things like white on rice. No new stories this morning on the coaching search. Some have nothing new on the program AT ALL since yesterday morning. I knew some journalists seemed lazy back in the day, but I haven't seen a site without anything on the program for 24 hours.

Has there been a lot of people call in "sick" the kast 24-48 hours? Or is there just no money in it anymore?
Because of social media, it's much harder to "scoop" anyone these days. When some gets video like Craft's plane in TEMPLE(not Waco) TX yesterday, that was a great scoop. Whoever monitored that airport for flights out of Lexington area did a great job.

It appears there is not quite as much effort put in "journalism" as it used to be....almost all "major" news outlets blab the same stinkin' negative garbage.

Reactions: Girthang
Once being right became less important than being first, it was all downhill. I remember being young and asking my parents why the news was wrong so much. Seems like it's been a worse and worse issue of useless bs thanks to social media.

• Love
Have to give credit to guys like JDrum and Mossy. Guys that do great camera, interview, AND written work. Not many like them around anymore. I read something Steve Moss posted online about Cal's time here, sent to me by a friend. Great perspective of it from behind the scenes.

Once being right became less important than being first, it was all downhill. I remember being young and asking my parents why the news was wrong so much. Seems like it's been a worse and worse issue of useless bs thanks to social media.
It used to be a kid on the corner barking "extra, extra, read all about it" to sell newspapers. Now it's all CLICK ME to see this "train wreck".

Jeff Drummond was way out in front of everyone concerning cal and Arkansas and Jeff is not a attention whore very professional

• Love

National media spends more time on pro football and pro basketball than anything else.

Just no accountability. The incentive is to put something out there and there’s so much noise that you’re never held accountable for being wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT