ADVERTISEMENT

What exactly does Calipari do?

We’ve learned (officially now) in the last couple days that Cal isn’t involved in scouting, game-planning, coaching the offense or coaching the defense. So if he isn’t doing any of these things, what does he do? What are we paying this guy $9 million a year to do? He makes $280,000 per game, to basically just scream for two hours.
If Cal isn't responsible for coaching the offense, why the hell is he running up and down court side acting like an idiot while pretending like he is coaching? If he didn't teach the offense, he probably knows less about it than the players. However, I understand why Cal wants to distance himself from the offense if you want to call it that. It is nothing more than Cal doing what he does which is to blame others for his failures.

Last edited:
20 minutes on the elliptical
2 episodes of Unsellable Houses
Times crossword
takes the karaoke into the garage and sings along with Sinatra
30 minutes of drawing a moustache and sideburns on himself on the bathroom mirror
drives to Memorial
rolls out the balls
calls his insurance company and sits in queue for 3 hours

Same old same old

Oh wait. That's what I do.

Never mind.

Cal was never about any of that. What made him successful was 2 things. 1- He recruited the very best players. He still does that very well. There are really good players on this team. But it can’t be denied that the talent level has slipped. 2- He convinced those talented kids to play extremely hard. He has fallen off a cliff in that regard.

Lets the clock run down under 10 seconds so Wheeler can take a 3. Heck they might as well let me coach the team for 1/2 of what Cal is making because I can do better than that. :)

Lets the clock run down under 10 seconds so Wheeler can take a 3. Heck they might as well let me coach the team for 1/2 of what Cal is making because I can do better than that. :)
Wheeler has to take the 3 or let the shot clock expire. His teammates pass the ball back to him with clock expiring like they are playing the game hot potato. If you think I am wrong, watch how often better shooters are passing the ball back to Wheeler as the clock expires.

Reactions: acatnamedmyra
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT