ADVERTISEMENT

What did you or after the Wisconsin loss ?

FrankUnderwood

All-American
Gold Member
May 26, 2017
Bluegrass State!
so , I know tough topic but whatevs . It's summer

This loss is prolly the Hardest loss (to me ) ever . Like ever

Anyways, my buddy came over to watch it ... we lost and we both kinda sat silently / saying a few things for ab 10 min. He then went home , and I went to bed .

That one (still hurts ) but like I was legit upset for like 2 weeks

Reactions: BBUK
It honestly killed a little part of my enthusiasm for sports. I don't honestly even remember where I was that night or what I did after. I know that I'll never get over that loss, though.

I had lost my Mother a couple of months before that season started and had somehow convinced myself that she was up there willing the team along to an undefeated season. Stupid, I know. But it was just a way of coping, I guess. Anyway yeah, tough loss. Toughest ever. Only way it will be topped is if we get to 39-0 and someone beats us at that point.

Bad loss. Not as bad as Georgetown though. Didn't do anything that was gonna cost me money to fix later in either loss.

It's the worst loss of my adult life.

I got choked up, then angry, then depressed. I didn't eat dinner that night. I remember waking up every hour that night hoping it didn't really happen. Lost a few facebook friends - fans of other schools rubbing it in. I didn't get out of bed until mid-afternoon the next day eventhough I woke up in the a.m.

That game (+ the Bengals implosion against the Steelers in the playoffs the next year) was the final straw(s) that made me realize sports are just entertainment and shouldn't affect my personal well being.

Last edited:

Anyways, my buddy came over to watch it ... we lost and we both kinda sat silently / saying a few things for ab 10 min. He then went home , and I went to bed .

That game scared me as soon as I saw the brackets. Sometimes pay back can be heck, so it didn't really surprise me. Next year in 2018, if we are in the bracket with Wichita State, it will be the same feeling.

I was in college and I laid in my room in the dark for at least an hour. Easily the worst loss I've experience in my life as a sports fan. After that I stopped letting happiness ride on the outcome of a game. Tough, terribly gutwrenching loss but at least I learned something from it.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
The loss was bad, but not as bad as some of the grammar in this thread.
200w.gif

I knew that coming off the somewhat lucky win against Notre Dame, that this would be an extremely tough spot to come back and face a loaded Wisconsin team.

What upset me the most, is how we tried to take the air out of the ball after building a five point lead late. That still upsets me.

I was arrested by the FBI after John Higgins told them I threatened him for that missed shot clock violation. They released me after a week of questioning after I explained that what I actually said to him was, "You're a big ole meanie and I'm not inviting you to my fantasy basketball league this year."

It was a similar feeling when our Cats lost to Georgetown in '84, I punched a door or two, sat very depressed the rest of the evening and then decided to put it behind me, both summers were full of anticipation of the next season

-Have only listened to one KSR podcast since then.

-Haven't been back to midnight madness. It's like I suddenly realized it is a practice.

-haven't felt any emotion in any sporting event until Monk hit that ahy to tie the game against UNC only to have that quickly backfire

At least two weeks. Demoralized for a while as far as UK went. It hurt DEEP.

I didn't watch it. I didn't want to play Wisconsin and just had a bad feeling. I just tried to preoccupy myself with my family watching in the other room. Turned up my TV loud so I wouldn't hear cheering or groaning. I knew that when my family didn't burst in to see me we had lost. Have refused to ever watch a replay or even a clip. I'm glad I chose to put myself in a bubble on that one. It still feels rotten, but to a lesser degree. I'm glad I didn't see the bad calls and stuff.

I mourned for 2 or 3 months.
I wouldn't watch anything sports related I wouldn't listen to anything sports related.
I even stopped coming here and going to KSR.

Ya I don't think I came to this site for a good 2 weeks after the loss. I certainly didn't get on Facebook for I think a good 3 days.

That loss will forever suck

I didn't watch it. I didn't want to play Wisconsin and just had a bad feeling. I just tried to preoccupy myself with my family watching in the other room. Turned up my TV loud so I wouldn't hear cheering or groaning. I knew that when my family didn't burst in to see me we had lost. Have refused to ever watch a replay or even a clip. I'm glad I chose to put myself in a bubble on that one. It still feels rotten, but to a lesser degree. I'm glad I didn't see the bad calls and stuff.

You didn't watch??? A potential 40-0 UK team... much less a UK team in the FF? That's crazy lol

But hey, maybe ya had the rite idea.

I kicked a hole in my drywall, and then grumbled about it for a few days until I patched it up.

Reactions: GG24
I had just had a major knee surgery about 3 weeks prior, I was on crutches standing on my porch watching through the window (I was smoking because it was late in the game and not looking good at all), so after the final buzzer sounded I was so pissed I hit the side of my house with my crutch destroying it, so now I'm stuck on the porch with just 1 crutch ... thankfully I managed to get back inside on one crutch.

Still pissed off I destroyed the other crutch as well and just laid in the floor in my room for a couple hours ... that was a rough, rough loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT