ADVERTISEMENT

What are you listening to?

tumblr_o0v0w4W4YA1ugas5oo1_400.gif

Reactions: Mossip

She just played here. As she came on stage, my wife suddenly remembered, "She's had a stroke." Both of us kind of gasped, but though she moved on stage very gingerly, when she sang, her voice was strong and clear. And she has a fantastic band.

For my money, there's no better songwriter around.

If word of from an obscure sports forum ever leaks back to her, tell her that her guitar tech was a little annoying. It was a small stage, and he was often moving around among the musicians during the songs.

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
Tokyo calling!
Hokorashiku marching!​
Kibou no mirai
koko ni ima
tsukuru victory!​

We lost a great one this morning. Former Texas gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman passed away this morning, age 79. For those familiar with Austin City Limits (1974-present), Kinky Friedman and the Jewboys hold the following distinction:

Friedman and his band taped an Austin City Limits show on November 11, 1975, which was never aired.[21] According to the show's executive producer, Terry Lickona, this is the first and only time in the show's long history that an episode went unaired. Lickona told the Austin Chronicle "I've seen it many times – it's a very popular party tape among friends. I think it was a great show, and it might be as offensive today as it was back then."[22]

** Warning -- NSFW **

RIP, Kinky.

Watching this guy break down why Never Going Back Again is one of the most difficult pieces to learn to play on guitar.

Now, I'm not a guitar player, never even tried, so even though I've heard this song a bunch (not a huge FM fan, but this album was ubiquitous when I was young) I had no frame of reference, as far as the difficulty of it. I DID know that Buckingham never took a guitar lesson in his life. He was completely self taught. Honestly, I probably assumed it was two people playing.

Anyway, it's an interesting video. It might be even more so if any of you all play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT