ADVERTISEMENT

Well Hack…

I am wondering what kind of Jingo-esq spin the Hack can give us this time.
Hack seems like an optimist, but I have to say, as a Stoops supporter, today was bad. CMS has given us some great moments, but this was, as Rich Brooks said, an all systems failure. I can't imagine seeing it any other way – even through sapphire glasses.

079b66cbd6d7511f47e13afd053b59f4f47f2674.jpg

I am wondering what kind of Jingo-esq spin the Hack can give us this time.

He hides in his cave after a loss. He claims real fans don't post after a loss for 72 hours or something. He will be back by Wednesday morning pumping sunshine and talking about how we are so close to being a sec and playoff contender, etc.

Reactions: WildcatofNati2
He hides in his cave after a loss. He claims real fans don't post after a loss for 72 hours or something. He will be back by Wednesday morning pumping sunshine and talking about how we are so close to being a sec and playoff contender, etc.

You were sooooo close. Hell, I totally missed this thread as it got completely covered by all the other negativity.

I found it searching for Rembrandt’s 2025 recruiting thread.

But in the spirit of the OP’s actual quarry: we went back to the drawing bored, polished up the fast paste offense, and went full boar and hole hog against Lane Kiffin on Forth Down!!

Helpful Hint From Hack: when the forum
is running real fast, after a big win or big loss, to get the attention of the poster you are addressing, refer to them with like this: @Chad Rock and @UKWildcats1987.

This should give the poster specific notice in their “Alerts” that they’ve been made the subject of a post/thread.

Then even with a day in a cave (actually for me a quarry) the poster will have actual notice of the post even if buried by a page or two.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
He will be back by Wednesday morning pumping sunshine and talking about how we are so close to being a sec and playoff contender, etc.

Hmmmm.

You were a tad optimistic: it took until Tuesday Night following the upset of No. 6 on the road.

But search my posts carefully: I predicted nary an SEC title nor a playoff appearance, but rather an 8-4, with a Reliaquest (Tampa) Bowl appearance, and I (we) are back on track!!!

You were sooooo close. Hell, I totally missed this thread as it got completely covered by all the other negativity.

I found it searching for Rembrandt’s 2025 recruiting thread.

But in the spirit of the OP’s actual quarry: we went back to the drawing bored, polished up the fast paste offense, and went full boar and hole hog against Lane Kiffin on Forth Down!!

Helpful Hint From Hack: when the forum
is running real fast, after a big win or big loss, to get the attention of the poster you are addressing, refer to them with like this: @Chad Rock and @UKWildcats1987.

This should give the poster specific notice in their “Alerts” that they’ve been made the subject of a post/thread.

Then even with a day in a cave (actually for me a quarry) the poster will have actual notice of the post even if buried by a page or two.
Thanks for the genital rewinder Hack!

Reactions: The-Hack
Hmmmm.

You were a tad optimistic: it took until Tuesday Night following the upset of No. 6 on the road.

But search my posts carefully: I predicted nary an SEC title nor a playoff appearance, but rather an 8-4, with a Reliaquest (Tampa) Bowl appearance, and I (we) are back on track!!!
We're still on track. All we have to do to get to 8 and 4 is to split the Texas and Tennessee road games and win out otherwise. Sounds like a very easy task. We might even win out and go 9 and 3. I wouldn't get discouraged about a loss to a team as talented as Vanderbilt. Sometimes it's just about the Jimmies and Joes.

Last edited:
Everything I hoped wouldn't happen in this game did. I had felt we needed to get up on them early and get them out of d thier confort zone and we didn't. I had hoped our d line would over power Vandy and pressure Pavia but it didn't. The threat of his movement and the read and react nature of the d we played seemed to make our line reactors instead of actors. I had hoped our o- line and QB would continue to improve,they both regressed tonight. As for coaching decisions, not the best night for UK staff. O Coordinator would seem to arbitrarily stop running and pass it despite fact they never really stopped our running game. I hates the pass route in end zone late on 3rd down where Key was the only receiving option. As for the D coordinator, why not play tight man to man and stop some of those 5=7 yard passes they killed us with ALL NIGHT, ( especially after Pavia hurt his knee.) As for coach Stoops, the excessive penalties, execution errors and poor time management seemed to have become hallmarks of his recent teams. Draw your own conclusions. One of the true low points of the last decade at UK IMO.

We're still on track. All we have to do to get to 8 and 4 is to split the Texas and Tennessee road games and win out otherwise. Sounds like a very easy task. We might even win out and go 9 and 3. I wouldn't get discouraged about a loss to a team as talented as Vanderbilt. Sometimes it's just about the Jimmies and Joes.

Pardon me, friend, for being a tad optimistic for football.

Now, run along, little one, and find your basketball!!!!

I hates the pass route in end zone late on 3rd down where Key was the only receiving option.

A neighbor in the stadium pointed out that Vandy was playing with one deep safety, and not on Barion’s side. We never even looked his way without a safety helping coverage.

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
As for coaching decisions, not the best night for UK staff. O Coordinator would seem to arbitrarily stop running and pass it despite fact they never really stopped our running game.

Three straight pass plays with around 2:00 minutes to go in the first half ate no clock at all. And as you said, they had not stopped the running plays, so we had time to run, and at least get a first down not allow time for Vandy to score.

Odd.

Three straight pass plays with around 2:00 minutes to go in the first half ate no clock at all. And as you said, they had not stopped the running plays, so we had time to run, and at least get a first down not allow time for Vandy to score.

Odd.
I think most of us wanted Stoops to try to develop the passing game more. I think I've figured out why he hadn't tried until this point. Knowing when to pass vs run for him is difficult. He just doesn't have a feel for when he should do either one. So I suppose he'd be better off just sticking to the run because we lose games when he decides to pass.

“He just doesn't have a feel for when he should do either one. So I suppose he'd be better off just sticking to the run because we lose games when he decides to pass.”

I don’t think he makes these calls. I think Artlaib’s ghost had diagnosed this correctly.

Didn’t know my post would provide so much interest.

It has proven a lure to weak cynic(s) too timid for prognostication, and too prone to wallow themselves and others in misery.

In other words, it is on the internet!

What’d you expect?

Our d line let us down big time tonight. Our offense is simply to bad to overcome a poor defensive performance. We never put enough pressure on the freshman QB to get him out of his comfort zone. Our QB is simply the worst in SEC as is our O line.I don't see how we beat anyone but the tomato can with our remaining schedule. 4=8 is a real possibility at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT