ADVERTISEMENT

Weicome to the 21st century

I said at the beginning before NIL started there needs to be a limit per year each player can earn. Say $1M. However, their tuition needs to be deducted and repaid to the university. No reason they shouldn't be paying their tuition if they're gonna get paid to play. Then the University can use that money for scholarships for kids who have the grades, but can't attend because they don't have the money.
Why would players pay the university for the right to make the school millions of dollars? That's a terrible idea.

I have trouble wrapping my brain around the idea that paying large money from a business to get Billy Athlete in an Ad is a smart investment .. yes there are exceptions .. but Cmon , who buys a product because some hot shot freshman / portal transfer says so ? Sure not me
I will if it helps UK win.

I agree. I’m in the pharma field and we can’t even give away a pen because it causes an unequal playing field with smaller companies with less money. How is this any different, smaller market teams will have zero chance to ever win a championship. I think the answer is a cap. The players still get paid but they still pick schools based on other factors other than money.
Or colleges could just choose to stop cheating. That would solve everything. Amazing how no one thinks of that. Lol. NIL was supposed to be the ability to get paid for what your name produces. Endorsements, jerseys sales ect. The cheaters used it as a loophole to lure kids to play for them. Buy the best players in pay for play. What If, every college just agrees to stop cheating and let NIL be what it was supposed to be??? Crazy idea, Right

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT