ADVERTISEMENT

We seem to be a major player in the transfer portal

PensacolaBlue

Blue Chip Prospect
Nov 26, 2022
We’re not going to complete with the very top programs, but I’ve found it surprising that UK comes up in the discussion for so many good players that hit the portal the last few years. In the past, if a good player transferred I would never assume we would even be in the discussion. Why do you think that is? I guess we can afford a few guys from the portal but not a whole recruiting class? We missed on Leary and some secondary guys last year but guys like Cox and Davis were great for us this year. Considering our high school recruiting leaves a lot to be desired, it’s nice to get some impact players another way. Even though we are supposedly near the bottom in NIL, the current environment seems favorable for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
everyone’s scared of the changes but I think it could be the best environment for us to win.

In the best conference and one of two that will run college football

Portal equal plug and play at needed spots

Nil we can at least compete for starters. Probably can’t compete for a whole starting unit and reserves all 4/5 star but we should be able to at least be in the running for a 12th ranking every few years. That is, if we demand it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Think about it, return 4 starters on the line, we will get a good QB because of the line stability. WR’s want to come and CATCH passes, something we struggled with this year.

everyone’s scared of the changes but I think it could be the best environment for us to win.

In the best conference and one of two that will run college football

Portal equal plug and play at needed spots

Nil we can at least compete for starters. Probably can’t compete for a whole starting unit and reserves all 4/5 star but we should be able to at least be in the running for a 12th ranking every few years. That is, if we demand it.
The key for us like always is finding underrated players to come in for depth or who develop into starters. Use our money wisely to shore up positions like QB/WR/Both Lines that are crucial to success. Then use the rest at weaker spots on defense and such.

Stoops has a proven track record of playing the best, even if they just got here and jump in front of others here longer. Dare Rosenthal. Kelvin Joseph. Wandale Robinson. Leary & Ray Davis.

That kind of rep means a helluvalot to portal players who are basically on their last chance to build an NFL career. Maybe means more than significant NIL in some cases.

I thought Stoops did a nice job last offseason but some things just didn’t pan out. I’m confident he’ll make the right personnel changes this winter. I’m sure I’ll be excited again for next year only to have my hopes dashed again lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT