ADVERTISEMENT

Waterman in the portal

I'd personally prefer him over Ansley. He's familiar with the system and has better size. Hearing Louisville could be the destination though.

Agree with every point you made regarding him vs Ansley Almonor (sp?). So much value in having guys that know the system already. Plus, you wonder if his being in Lex could help sway Robinson if he withdraws from the draft.

The Longest Yard Waterboy GIF

Agree with every point you made regarding him vs Ansley Almonor (sp?). So much value in having guys that know the system already. Plus, you wonder if his being in Lex could help sway Robinson if he withdraws from the draft.
I just worry that since Ansley is visiting tomorrow that he's already a done deal. If he isn't, then I hope we get Waterman. As you mentioned, his addition couldn't hurt in adding Jaxson.

Reactions: Fox2monk
cant take a proven legit size play like waterman we have to take the 317th ranked Almonor because a few posters here have stated hes a baller

• Wow
Reactions: TomBlue14
I just worry that since Ansley is visiting tomorrow that he's already a done deal. If he isn't, then I hope we get Waterman. As you mentioned, his addition couldn't hurt in adding Jaxson.
I'm not sure we add both Robinson and Lanier. I feel good about one of them. If we add Almonour then we have room for Waterman as well.
Guess we shall see

Pope said he is still pondering on the 13th scholarship. He said that he could take a veteran and redshirt him to give us an older player next year. Or he could take a younger guy. So Almonor could be the one they RS and get Waterman since he would give us better size behind Carr at 6-11 and he knows the system.

Last edited:
I'm not sure we add both Robinson and Lanier. I feel good about one of them. If we add Amonour then we have room for Waterman as well.
Guess we shall see

My guess when it comes to filling roster positions/needs...it will be

Lanier OR Robinson
AND
Almonor OR Waterman

If we get one from each of those two eithers, then I think the last spot will be best available.

I've said it multiple times, but I wouldn't mind for the 13th spot to be SF Will Riley as a reclass to 2024 from 2025 as a plan to build toward next season.

Pope said he is still pondering on the 13th scholarship. He said that he could take a veteran and redshirt him to give us an older player next year. Or he could take a younger guy. So Almonor could be the one they RS and get Waterman since he would give us better size behind Carr at 6-11 and he know the system.

I hadn't seen/heard that, but it is an interesting option as well.

I hadn't seen/heard that, but it is an interesting option as well.
Yeah, I guess will be according to who the other two are that we get. Mentioned four different scenarios they could do and that was one. Mentioned a younger guy maybe, an at risk player, an older guy could RS or something else as the fourth option.

Last edited:
Waterman more then likely wants to be a starter wherever he goes… I’m sorry, I’m taking Andrew Carr 100 times…

I kind of agree, but if he were willing to split time with Carr, then it's a win-win. The players practicing against good players make both players better, and with Waterman knowing the system, it would help Carr advance even quicker.

If he isn't, which I understand that as well, then he likely won't come to UK, or maybe he still does if he thinks he can win the job? Unlikely, but a small possibility.

Waterman more then likely wants to be a starter wherever he goes… I’m sorry, I’m taking Andrew Carr 100 times…
Just watching some video of both, I would agree that Carr is noticeably better. But that's ok. I don't think anybody is starting at the PF spot over Carr. I still think Waterman would be a good backup to Carr. And if Pope's prior history holds true, then Carr is not playing over 25 minutes a game anyway. So, somebody else is likely to get a good deal of minutes at that PF spot.

Last edited:
He just entered the portal. Apparently he has 30 days after Pope eft to decide whether or not he wants to enter the portal. Will be interesting to see if Kentucky gets involved or if it's already Almonor.
Would be a good one to have either this year or next year. Hard to find very experienced and talented fours at 6-11. And already knowing the system would be a huge bonus for the team either this year or next year if he was RS.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Would be a good one to have either this year or next year. Hard to find very experienced and talented fours at 6-11. And already knowing the system would be a huge bonus for the team either this year or next year if he was RS.
I think he hit 5 three pointers against Kansas at Kansas last year. Shooter??

I think he hit 5 three pointers against Kansas at Kansas last year. Shooter??
Don't know how good a shooter he is but that he can hit the three. Also, he knows the system, gives us another true four and at 6-11 gives us 4 bigs that are talented and experienced.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT