ADVERTISEMENT

Watching game replay on CBS sports channel

Cardsstink

All-SEC
Mar 20, 2017
The first half was called terribly, but even after that it's amazing we were in the game. 7 missed free throws, with a few being front ends of 1 and 1. So there's about 10 points left out there.

Mulder had open looks and was a ZERO. We have the lead at halftime if he could have hit the broad side of a barn.

Fox' 2nd foul was killer, but Fox did this crap all year where he smacked at the ball way away from the basket. He sat down in the first half with 2 fouls on multiple occassions for doing that crap this year.

We had our chances.

Reactions: Kerry Kat
The first half was called terribly, but even after that it's amazing we were in the game. 7 missed free throws, with a few being front ends of 1 and 1. So there's about 10 points left out there.

Mulder had open looks and was a ZERO. We have the lead at halftime if he could have hit the broad side of a barn.

Fox' 2nd foul was killer, but Fox did this crap all year where he smacked at the ball way away from the basket. He sat down in the first half with 2 fouls on multiple occassions for doing that crap this year.

We had our chances.
How can three officials miss the goal tending call on Luke Maye in the first half. He goes up to dunk the ball and grabs the rim while the ball is in the cylinder. The ball bounces out and then back in the goal while he is holding the rim. One of the worst non calls I have ever seen. The goal tending call on Bam on his tip in was certainly questionable but the Luke Maye non call was unbelievable.

Last edited:
We should file a prima facie class action lawsuit against Higgins and NCAA on behalf of the BBN citing willful negligence causing extreme emotional distress

Reactions: Bardstown
How can three officials miss the goal tending call on Luke Maye in the first half. He goes up to dunk the ball and grabs the rim while the ball is in the cylinder. The ball bounces out and then back in the goal while he is holding the rim. One of the worst calls I have ever seen. The goal tending call on Bam on his tip in was certainly questionable but the Luke Maye call was unbelievable.
This is a call that seemed to go overlooked here,clear basket interference.The think that makes what happened so bad is there were multiple calls that took away baskets or allowed baskets(in this case)These calls change the game,our late 5 point lead becomes 8 or 10 and everyone is playing a different game.

The length of time we played with our second unit on the court in the first half because of fouls was no doubt a factor but the calls /no calls related be actual made baskets was enough to alter the game and they, without a doubt, did.

Why would you put yourself through the mental/emotional torture of watching that game again?

I wanted to watch closely for the bad calls, and sadly I found even more bad calls as some discussed. I think Higgins likes slowing the game down so his fat a$$ doesn't have to run up and down the court as much. Still doesn't have anything with missed free throws and a dumb 2nd foul by Fox.

One play that pissed me off was, a foul was called on unc and Monk went ahead a shot a 3. Something that happens almost ever game.

But higgins had to start giving Monk grief for shooting after the play.

Eff you higgins!

Cal coached a great game. I watched it again too. He knew Roy would go zone out of that timeout at 5 minutes. Our guys were ready for it and just didn't hit shots and UNC hit everything. That runner on the baseline from Pinson was a prayer and so was the layup by Berry high off the glass.

Willis, Hump, Fox and Monk all missed WIDE open jumpers. That hurts from hump when he had been absolutely on fire.

It just wasn't our year.

I wanted to watch closely for the bad calls, and sadly I found even more bad calls as some discussed. I think Higgins likes slowing the game down so his fat a$$ doesn't have to run up and down the court as much. Still doesn't have anything with missed free throws and a dumb 2nd foul by Fox.
I've given this some thought. I think a lot of the refs are too old/out of shape to keep up with today's game and it results in a lot of the bad calls.

Still waiting for the video to show all the no calls bad calls UNC received. I mean I know bad calls are going to happen during the course of a game and calls missed but it generally evens out. It just doesn't happen to all go against one particular team but in this case it obviously did....smh......

Huge ducks fan tonight. UNC needed officiating help against Arkansas and U.K. Or they wouldn't even be there much less putting aside the cheating they did for well over 20 years.

How many times did you see Higgins a half court away come running in to call Carolina?

I will give you a hint it rhymes with hero.

I watched because I wanted to see what it looked like when I was calm.

Reactions: catben
Jackson and Pinson threw up prayers that went in there near the end and we missed wide open looks from Fox, Willis and Hump. NC was ripe for the taking as Berry was way off all game. I hope Oregon's size at guard gets them the win, but I'm not counting on UNC missing so many shots again.

Jackson and Pinson threw up prayers that went in there near the end and we missed wide open looks from Fox, Willis and Hump. NC was ripe for the taking as Berry was way off all game. I hope Oregon's size at guard gets them the win, but I'm not counting on UNC missing so many shots again.
UNC was ripe for the picking twice in the tournament + they lost to a not as good as advertised Duke team two out of three times. I hope Oregon rains 3's down on them like pouring pi$$ out of a boot.

Not sure if you are a strong person, troll, or masochist.

I wasn't going to watch it, didn't even now it was on. But when I turned on the TV, it was on (my TV was on the same channel (CBS Sports) as the All-star game was on that Willis played in last night when I turned it on this morning). So I watched it but turned it off right when Monk tied it up. Have you seen "blue runner" ? I outed him as a Duke fan , so he's stalking me around here and calling me a Louisiville fan. LMAO.

Reactions: Hjack
I can't recall ever going back and re watching any of our losses, ever. I might watch a clip of a bad call, but never the entire game, just can't do it.

It was the 1st time I've ever done it, and like I said, it just happened to be on when I turned the TV on as the channel was on the all-star game Willis played in last night. Last week, I watched the 1st half at BW3's, so I didn't hear what was said. So it was interesting to re-watch all the garbage calls and listen to the announcers.

Last edited:
Fox did have a habit of picking up unnecessary fouls 30 feet from the basket but the first foul was the killer as he clearly had position on that block... Made th second fouls more important

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT