ADVERTISEMENT

Warriors down and out. Game 1 loss

WitnessGreatness doesn't wanna witness greatness? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All kidding aside, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would like to see the Warriors take it all. With them getting 73 regular season wins, it would be very unfitting to not get a title. Curry and company deserve it (unless they lose in the playoffs, which they wouldn't deserve it...)

The blunder was not calling Thompson for the foul that caused Westbrook to travel. Thompson reached in and bumped him around the half-court line.
Either way, they missed two critical calls, which is twice as bad as missing just one. The refs have been an utter disaster in crunch time int he playoffs this year

Let's not forget the Warriors were up 13 at halftime and 14 in the third. They let this game slip away. I'm not saying the Thunder can't win the series, because they can and they have been rolling in the playoffs, but it's not like they came out and dominated the Warriors for an easy victory. They did accomplish one very important thing already though and that's winning one of the first two. If the Warriors get up 2-0 in a series the other team has no chance, going back to OKC at worst tied 1-1 is huge for the Thunder's chances.

^^ It'll be interesting to see how Steph plays with his back against the wall, especially if GSW were to go down 2 games. I think he'll be fine, but it does change things.. when you're not up by 20 every game and 10 games ahead in the West..

Would be crazy though if he has yet ANOTHER level to turn it up to, because we rarely see Steph/GSW have to play when they're down. Will Steph crack under true pressure or add to his legendary status? It will be exciting for sure.

WitnessGreatness doesn't wanna witness greatness? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All kidding aside, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would like to see the Warriors take it all. With them getting 73 regular season wins, it would be very unfitting to not get a title. Curry and company deserve it (unless they lose in the playoffs, which they wouldn't deserve it...)
All I'm saying is this is the first real team they have faced in their two run. Let's see how it plays out

I think the Thunder probably wind up beating the Spurs regardless, but they've benefited a lot from the refs missing 4th quarter calls

^^ It'll be interesting to see how Steph plays with his back against the wall, especially if GSW were to go down 2 games. I think he'll be fine, but it does change things.. when you're not up by 20 every game and 10 games ahead in the West..

Would be crazy though if he has yet ANOTHER level to turn it up to, because we rarely see Steph/GSW have to play when they're down. Will Steph crack under true pressure or add to his legendary status? It will be exciting for sure.
Supposedly the two games against Portland halted his knee progress and it hasn't got any better

Supposedly the two games against Portland halted his knee progress and it hasn't got any better

One thing is for sure.. personally, not a single tear will be shed for GSW if an injury costs them a title. GSW players and their fans got real defensive last year when people pointed out just how fortunate they were, so if Curry is injured (and not even "out") lets see how their tune changes. Lebron had JR Smith and not much else last year, so the proverbial "deal with it" is in place.

Reactions: Riverslynn010
The blunder was not calling Thompson for the foul that caused Westbrook to travel. Thompson reached in and bumped him around the half-court line.

NBA 2 minute report did not mention it. Dozens of missed calls every game, which just highlights how dumb the 2 minute report is. One of Silver's few blunders.

GSW was ridiculously awesome in clutch situations this year. Like, unfathomably awesome. Pelton had an article about it a couple weeks before the end of the regular season. And last year, when they went down 2-1 in 2 different series and responded by sweeping the remaining games.

Umm, just a few days ago Curry scored an all-time NBA record 17 overtime points to singlehandedly rally GS over Portland. Didn't that count?

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Umm, just a few days ago Curry scored an all-time NBA record 17 overtime points to singlehandedly rally GS over Portland. Didn't that count?

Were the Warriors with their backs against the wall?

That's my point, It's not hard to throw in some deep 3's with zero pressure, because, hey.. you're up 2 games in a series everyone expects you to win... we can take some chances without much repercussion. And those chances are what sometimes throw the other team for a loop. How do you guard GSW when Curry is taking 3's from 2 feet across the half court line? Lets see how liberal they are when their season is on the line.

Being up 2 games on Portland is vastly different than being down 1 game against OKC.

I still think GSW wins it all. The road is tougher this year because those injuries last year weren't just to the 3rd or 4th most important position, but to the opposing team's point guard. I love Curry's game, and I understand he's the 2x MVP, but when Westbrook is playing his best he's the best player on the floor with the exception of Lebron James. Then you throw in another top 5 player in Durant who is healthy this year and you have perhaps the best 1-2 punch in the game.

This series will be what the Cavs/Raps series won't be. This series is going to be a war and we could see one of the best conference series we've seen. I'm just glad both teams are so fun to watch.

That's my point, It's not hard to throw in some deep 3's with zero pressure, because, hey.. you're up 2 games in a series everyone expects you to win... we can take some chances without much repercussion. And those chances are what sometimes throw the other team for a loop. How do you guard GSW when Curry is taking 3's from 2 feet across the half court line? Lets see how liberal they are when their season is on the line.

Being up 2 games on Portland is vastly different than being down 1 game against OKC.
I like your views ma'man, couldn't agree more[thumb2]

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

GS was down 8 last night with two minutes left, then had a chance to win if not for the refs ignoring the obvious walk by Westbrook. I didn't see any panic. I thought both teams' best players played poorly in the 4th Quarter, so I'm not sure we can take much away from game one anyway.

No one is going to feel bad when the officials miss a call for GSW lmfao..

You're still kind of missing my point. Last night wasn't a panic, and certainly the series against Portland wasn't a panic. Why? Because Golden State was in the drivers seat. Golden State was confident. Why shouldn't they be?

But now, they lost game 1. And home court favors OKC the rest of the way. This is new territory for them (or it's getting close to new territory, no need to hit the panic button yet). So with the target on their back, and being in a bit of a crunch, how does Curry play? Which, I didn;t insinuate he's going to fold under pressure. I honestly don't know what to think or what will happen. I just find it interesting that Green, Curry and company are in somewhat uncharted territory and it will be fun to see what they do with it.

If GSW loses that game, it's 2-2 and Curry is hobbled. But I guess that's no pressure. Maybe being down 2-1 in 2 different playoff series last year, then coming back and not losing a game again is pressure?

Which Game? game 4 of Portland I take it? Either way, refer above. I'm not saying there's no pressure. But once again, playing when your up 2-1 is entirely different than now playing to even the series, against a better team.

Don't really care about last year because 1. it's a different year. 2. they beat hobbled teams 3. they didn't have the target on their back they do now and 4. many people still doubted Curry's health.

FWIW, I'm not saying OKC wins this.. Even IF they win next game, I'm still skeptical. GSW is that good of a machine right now.

And Curry is hobbled? I know he's not 100%, but he almost dropped a triple double last night. I'd say he's at 80% or better and had a 40pt game the prior game.

How much of his "off" night should be attributed to Westbrook's defense? I'd say a lot.

^ I'd say it's just as likely rust. He's not played much the last month. We'll see how it goes, though. His knee is painful (based on what I read) and not 100%, so I'd say hobbled. Who really knows?

I think Golden State still wins the series (I'd put it at 65%), but it sure got more interesting.

Very well could be. But I still think being down Game 1 is new territory for GSW (last year doesn't matter much to me for the above reasons). I'm intrigued to see if Curry taps into another level or not. Like I said, not in panic mode yet, not really close to it, but may be a bit eye opening..

Westbrook and Durant are both streaky. Curry almost had a triple double. He lead the team in rebounds. Hello? Green and clay had ok games but curry had a low scoring game for him. Ok. Cool. Now the rest of golden state was garbage. They have a good bench. Okc... Do they have a good bench? I do t think so. I think that was a huge win for okc but they still have a lot of ball to play. I just dont trust Westbrook. He almost cost the the game last night. Look for him to blow it a couple more times.

Westbrook and Durant are both streaky. Curry almost had a triple double. He lead the team in rebounds. Hello? Green and clay had ok games but curry had a low scoring game for him. Ok. Cool. Now the rest of golden state was garbage. They have a good bench. Okc... Do they have a good bench? I do t think so. I think that was a huge win for okc but they still have a lot of ball to play. I just dont trust Westbrook. He almost cost the the game last night. Look for him to blow it a couple more times.
lol @ Westbrook almost cost them the game last night when he was the reason they got back in the game

As much as I'm rooting for okc to lose (I loathe lebron and the Warriors will smash the cavs in the finals, if okc wins then lebron will have a cake walk which will bother me to no end as I never want to see him win another ring for the rest of his time, GS is only team that can stop cavs right now). With that being said though. Okc definitely has a good bench. Maybe not the deepest but it's good.

lol @ Westbrook almost cost them the game last night when he was the reason they got back in the game
To be honest, Westbrook shot Steph's eyes out in game 1.. To be the most dominant player in the NBA and best defensive player with the most steals, he sure didn't look it the whole second half.. You know, when it counts ;)

To be honest, Westbrook shot Steph's eyes out in game 1.. To be the most dominant player in the NBA and best defensive player with the most steals, he sure didn't look it the whole second half.. You know, when it counts ;)
Not sure what you have been reading but nobody said Steph is the best defensive player in the NBA most saying he isn't a terrible defender

your have zero credibility when it comes to the warriors bro.

yeah because he's never hit high pressure shots... against OKC... in a hostile environment.
their entire season has been on the line since the all-star break and they were chasing the record. Everyone was hoping for them to fail.. especially Lineskicat14 and Riverslynn010

I honestly think GS would have rather taken on the fundamental style of the Spurs than the explosive, uber-talented team that is OKC. I was really glad to see OKC take that series and set up this Western Conference Finals.

I agree all the way man.. Steph is sick as hell at hitting 3's but this is the playoffs and he got D put on'm and he don't like that.. Dominant players don't get shut down in crunch time of the playoffs. I think OKC gets hammered by the whistle tonight and GS wins.. But OKC smells blood and not gonna lose at home.. I gotta highlight myself though...

yeah because he's never hit high pressure shots... against OKC... in a hostile environment.
their entire season has been on the line since the all-star break and they were chasing the record. Everyone was hoping for them to fail.. especially Lineskicat14 and Riverslynn010

Holy shit. How many times do I have to explain it? A regular season game? A game from two years ago when Curry was becoming an after thought? Losing Game 1 to a very good team is something Curry, the CURRENT Curry, and GSW, haven't done yet. FOH trying to equate a last-second regular season win to WCF ultra important game2.

I don't want to hear about being down in the playoffs last year either. Totally different:

It's only one game, but this isn't like being down 1-2 to the plodding Memphis Grizzlies or depleted Cleveland Cavaliers, as the Warriors were during last season's playoff run. The Thunder are more dangerous and they just beat Golden State under suboptimal conditions. Oklahoma City was less rested and won despite Kevin Durant and Westbrook shooting a combined 17-of-51 from the field, and despite the Thunder going 1-of-8 in NBA-defined crunch time.

And maybe there's a reason people wanted to see them fail? Has that thought crossed your mind? This has been discussed before, they aren't a likeable team aside from a player or two. Nothing about Iggy, Curry, or Green make me want to root for them.

Holy shit. How many times do I have to explain it? A regular season game? A game from two years ago when Curry was becoming an after thought? Losing Game 1 to a very good team is something Curry, the CURRENT Curry, and GSW, haven't done yet. FOH trying to equate a last-second regular season win to WCF ultra important game2.

I don't want to hear about being down in the playoffs last year either. Totally different:

It's only one game, but this isn't like being down 1-2 to the plodding Memphis Grizzlies or depleted Cleveland Cavaliers, as the Warriors were during last season's playoff run. The Thunder are more dangerous and they just beat Golden State under suboptimal conditions. Oklahoma City was less rested and won despite Kevin Durant and Westbrook shooting a combined 17-of-51 from the field, and despite the Thunder going 1-of-8 in NBA-defined crunch time.

And maybe there's a reason people wanted to see them fail? Has that thought crossed your mind? This has been discussed before, they aren't a likeable team aside from a player or two. Nothing about Iggy, Curry, or Green make me want to root for them.
200w.gif

I honestly have yet to see anything all that unlikable about Curry, apart from having a Dukie brother. Every great player in every sport has at least some degree of arrogance to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT