ADVERTISEMENT

Wally Szczerbiak

If Cal gets to the final 4 this year, I'll get off his back, and convince others to do the same.
He could have been fielding a top seed in the tournament, but chose to go against all that makes sense instead, on top of not having his team ready for their first game in the SEC tournament because according to him it isn't important to win the conference or its tournament. And then he CONSTANTLY spews venom toward the fanbase. He can get lost.

Reactions: entropy13
Just literally called out Cal.

said we are loaded and it’s all on him if we don’t get to final 4!

love it Cal knows he’s now exposed that is why he is so combative and extremely defensive. Basically also said if your a HOF coach get it done zero excuses
Do you think Cal GAF? He going to look at the bank deposit and smile regardless what the team accomplishes

Just literally called out Cal.

said we are loaded and it’s all on him if we don’t get to final 4!

love it Cal knows he’s now exposed that is why he is so combative and extremely defensive. Basically also said if your a HOF coach get it done zero excuses
If UK gets past the 2nd round I will be pleasantly shocked. I just don't have much faith in cal. The dude is going to have to earn his millions, if not, bow out and let someone else have the reins. This team is absolutely loaded. No excuses.

I would credit him with getting there but he still
Needs to retire. The guy is washed up and done. It happens to guys with his insane ego all the time. They don’t notice the train coming until it’s too late.

He doesn’t win to the standard of the men before him, and definitely won’t continue (if he won the elite 8) that as a trend with this methods. The fans that won’t accept this just cannot understand he’s not the guy from 2010.

He’s got to go regardless or we move closer to, at best Syracuse, at worst Indiana, standing in college basketball.
If he makes a final four I want him to stay. Why the hell would u want him to retire?

I’d gladly eat crow if KY wins the title. Guards win in March and Ky has some great guards. BBN and the players want to win #9 but CAL seems like he would take it or leave it.

Reactions: CashM03
Throughout all of life we run into people who want "credit" for doing nothing other than what they're supposed to do. Alas.
Agree, he is paid MILLIONS to advance deep in the tourney. If they do advance I think it will be the players ability and not any coaching, other than maybe some assistants doing their job.

When is the last time Syracuse was in the top 25?
What's Cal's winning percentage vs. The programs winning percentage all time?
Same with tourney wins vs the program as a whole.

You do understand that we are steadily losing our position as a program year to year right now. Meaning if IT CONTINUES we will be similar to a program like Syracuse. Wins every so often, a final four rarely happens, a coach with a title stays. That’s what we’re doing right NOW, we’re on our way.

And you won’t stop that perception by throwing up Rupp’s titles and wins or using Pitino’s 90’s run. We will be seen the same as a Syracuse if this road continues for another decade or less. Follow it up with a vanilla Barnhart hire, it’s gonna happen. And this is the same guy that didn’t want Calipari, wanted Gillispie, and wanted to extent Tubby.

Sorry I don’t feel safe about the program when you add it all up. You obviously don’t care anyway as long as Calipari is employed. I do, I care about the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT