ADVERTISEMENT

WALKER

cat888

Sophomore
Jul 23, 2006
i AM CERTAINLY NO COACH! But Why not use Walker to block in Short yardage and scoring situations I mean he is a bulldozer.. the way Curi used ART STILL?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I think you need quick acceleration by the blocking back to be effective. Does he have it?

Last edited:
While we are at it, how ‘bout letting Walker toss a couple of passes.

With his hand size and height, passing would come easily to him.

Or maybe a little Wildcat action?

Or offensive tackle?

Why not?

Because we have pretty darn good players at all these positions, now. Make Walker devote time and effort on practicing a “sideshow” stunt whilst risking injury to your first rounder?

Nah.

While we are at it, how ‘bout letting Walker toss a couple of passes.

With his hand size and height, passing would come easily to him.

Or maybe a little Wildcat action?

Or offensive tackle?

Why not?

Because we have pretty darn good players at all these positions, now. Make Walker devote time and effort on practicing a “sideshow” stunt whilst risking injury to your first rounder?

Nah.
Maybe some scissor kicks too and a back handspring perhaps? That'll get some excitement going. Seriously, I'd like to see many more Walker clips like the one two years ago when he threw the UF center aside like a rag doll and clamped down on the RB to stone a drive late in the game - now that's the Deone Walker-type clip of which we can all savor.

Reactions: The-Hack
Who in college football takes theri standout DT and makes him a part time fullback?
Who said anything about making anybody a full-back or blocking full time or playing like the fridge I said block in Short yardage and scoring situations like ART STILL!

Who in college football takes theri standout DT and makes him a part time fullback

Who said anything about making anybody a full-back or blocking full time or playing like the fridge I said block in Short yardage and scoring cituations like ART STILL!

Who said anything about making anybody a full-back or blocking full time or playing like the fridge I said block in Short yardage and scoring cituations like ART STILL!

More recently, we ran Middle LB Micah Johnson at tailback straight into his brother’s back (Christian Johnson), two times in a row in the 2006 Music City Bowl, the second attempt resulting in our first TD of the game on Micah’s dive.

The fact their father was rumored to be headed in from Iraq for the game might have had some influence on the play calling . . . and Colonel Johnson was honored at halftime of the 2006 MCB with several other active duty folks who made the game.

I don't totally disagree with the idea of a heavy goal line and even short yardage package. However, if you're looking for an extra big body to block just use another OL.

I'm sure there's a 6'5 300+ pounder somewhere on the depth chart that isn't getting much playing time other than special teams maybe who would love to get in and get some action.

Walker could be a top 10 pick, no sense in risking injury. Also, no need to burn extra gas, he's going to need the rest.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT